Never Change is Jay-Z's greatest song ever.

Dude has a lot of classic songs under his belt, but this one... "It's just different".. from the lyrics, hook, meaning, beat... everything about it is soulful and heartfelt.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jay? The dude that got shown up on his own track?...

Anyways, best song Heart of the city. Sample with the flow just made it his best track.

"Had A1 credit bought more crack, from the first to the fifth gave it all back, if i aint a hustler what you call that, this before rap; this is all fact." :x

maybe jay-z most underratted Bar ever. The level of Real drug dealer from that line, is something i have yet to this day hear any rapper, with triple beam dreams say.

It's like they forget that you always owe somebody when you trap, but hey thats why he;s HOV.

"Had A1 credit bought more crack, from the first to the fifth gave it all back, if i aint a hustler what you call that, this before rap; this is all fact." :x
maybe jay-z most underratted Bar ever. The level of Real drug dealer from that line, is something i have yet to this day hear any rapper, with triple beam dreams say.
It's like they forget that you always owe somebody when you trap, but hey thats why he;s HOV.
That's impressive to you?

Anyway Renegade ***** all over this song even though Em **** all over jay on it.Never change was one of my least favorite songs on BP, the song lacks energy.

Anyway Renegade ***** all over this song even though Em **** all over jay on it.Never change was one of my least favorite songs on BP, the song lacks energy.

yes it is, to lose 92 bricks, then pay back that money in 5 days. you name a rapper that said something even remotely close to that.

The Blueprint appreciation thead in disguise?
The greatest album ever made
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
The first song that came to my mind was Can I live for the greatest JAY song ever. On the Blueprint I gotta go with Heart of the City or Song Cry. Never Change is great though.
jay doesn't have a "greatest song" he has a list of about 12 tracks that are in the running...which i dont think this song is in
Agree. The number should be raised but there are some songs that if someone came out and said "This is the best song he ever made" I couldnt argue with them.
Jay? The dude that got shown up on his own track?...
This never happened, EVER. You're going to pull Renegade out of the bag most likely and to that I say this. Both verses were equally dope, the difference lies in the fact that they were both telling the truth about how they are construed by the media and it just so happened that at the time Eminem was a more controversial figure and it was a relatively new thing for rappers to be caught up in the kind of stuff he was dealing with because it wasnt your typical rap personal problem. I love Eminems music, I have all of it and have been following since day one, even when my parents were telling me its too vulgar for me to listen too and I had to rock with edited versions of his albums I was still a huge fan, but did he outrap JAY on Renegade? No.

Its not impressive to you? Do you know how much 92 Bricks are worth? 5 days? Really? Again that second part of your post didnt happen.
yes it is, to lose 92 bricks, then pay back that money in 5 days. you name a rapper that said something even remotely close to that.
ITS ALL FACT
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
The fact that it happened once? LOL

Exactly.
Folks say Kanye had bested him on "run this town" and an reporter up run this town and "renegade" to Jay...same response. (i personally dont think either outshined eachother but thats not the point) in his 15+ year career he's been "murdered on his own S!!!" 'ONCE' by arguably the most skilled rapper EVER and this is the slight against Jay that gets mentioned? Nas is powerful...

"Never change" is dope, but so is the WHOLE ALBUM (GAOAT) but i would say the song befor it "heart of the city" is better.

Its like pickin your favorite 2pac song...they just have too many classic tracks in their catalogs...

"Had A1 credit bought more crack, from the first to the fifth gave it all back, if i aint a hustler what you call that, this before rap; this is all fact."
sick.gif

There it is.  Never Change is so underrated, and there's alot of key bars in this track.

I highly doubt Jay-Z had 92 bricks, and then lost it all :lol:

How do you lose 92 imaginary bricks?

There it is.  Never Change is so underrated, and there's alot of key bars in this track.
"We knee deep in coke, we ki deep in ice
We flood streets with dope, we keep weed to smoke
We all fish, better teach your folk
Give him money to eat, then next week he's broke
Cause when you sleep, he's reachin for your throat
Word on the skreet, you reap what you sow
Not out of fear but love, love for the game
Roc family first, we never change man"

'Old heads taught me, yung'un, walk softly
Carry a big clip, that'll get ****** off me
Keep coke in coffee, keep money smellin mothy

Chains is cool to cop but more important is lawyer fees"

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And as far as renegade, Em didn't murder Jay like some of y'all say. He prolly did better, but to say he murdered Jay is disrespect...

I had to hustle, my back to the wall, ashy knuckles
Pockets filled with a lot of lint, not a cent
Gotta vent, lot of innocent lives lost on the project bench
Whatchyou hollerin? Gotta pay rent, bring dollars in
By the bodega, iron under my coat, feeling braver
Doo-rag wrapping my waves up, pockets full of hope
Do not step to me - I'm awkward, I box lefty
An orphan my pops left me, And often, my momma wasn't home
Could not stress to me I wasn't grown,especially on nights
I brought something home to quiet the stomach rumblings
(
eek.gif