Never Change is Jay-Z's greatest song ever.

Song Cry is SOOOOO overrated
Jay-Z's attempt at showing emotion falls short, AND I THINK HE'S ONE OF THE BEST.

Fallin + Can't be life + Renegade > these tracks ESPECIALLY Song Cry

Song Cry is SOOOOO overrated
Jay-Z's attempt at showing emotion falls short, AND I THINK HE'S ONE OF THE BEST.
Fallin + Can't be life + Renegade > these tracks ESPECIALLY Song Cry
Fallin' and Renegade are not the same type of song that Song Cry is. I don't eem know why you listed them.

read the title
I'll wait
What are you waiting on? You're comparing songs to Song Cry, which I originally stated, BUT I DIDN'Tstate

that Song Cry was Jay's greatest song. I just stated that Song Cry is better than Never Change. Now, you

brought in Fallin' and Renegade where I said were not the same type of song that Song Cry is, hence me

saying I don't know why you listed them. Now what?

Thought about this for a sec..

And its hard to disagree with OP..

I think he has hotter verses on other tracks..

But the overall composition of Never Change is nothing less than masterful.

read the title

I'll wait
What are you waiting on? You're comparing songs to Song Cry, which I originally stated, BUT I DIDN'Tstate
that Song Cry was Jay's greatest song. I just stated that Song Cry is better than Never Change. Now, you
brought in Fallin' and Renegade where I said were not the same type of song that Song Cry is, hence me
saying I don't know why you listed them. Now what?

do me a favor, copy and paste the title

I'll wait

just point at the title, please

tap your screen

Yeah, you can't answer my question. You just want to clown.

no, I was addressing the talk in the thread

and then the title + OP's post

Dude has a lot of classic songs under his belt, but this one... "It's just different".. from the lyrics, hook, meaning, beat... everything about it is soulful and heartfelt.:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

tap that rep button homeboy

Song Cry slander? This can't be life. I thought song cry was very sincere the third verse in particular. My girl cheated on me my sophomore year of high school and that verse spelled out everything for me. Song Cry was dope.

Song Cry slander? This can't be life. I thought song cry was very sincere the third verse in particular. My girl cheated on me my sophomore year of high school and that verse spelled out everything for me. Song Cry was dope.

Shorty had my mind gone yo, song cry gave a ***** everything he needed at the time :smh:

draketears.jpg

Song Cry is a classic and probably in my top 10 Jay songs. That beat also has a lot to with it.

My favorite Jay song is "Where I'm From"

"Never Change" is dope no doubt, wouldn't make my top 10 Jay though. Probably top 15, solid record but not even the best from Blueprint

There was a really good thread years ago about that A1 credit line.....cats was on here going in about the validity of it

The type of verses dudes are quoting in here lets me know that people clowning on party music have no sense of self.

No diss. I love the lyrics...but dudes love to identify with "the struggle" and hard luck tales more than admitting that a popular song is just as substantial. 

always listened to the music, but this was the one that made me understand. appreciated, my favorite jay song ever.

Shorty had my mind gone yo, song cry gave a ***** everything he needed at the time
mean.gif

draketears.jpg
laugh.gif
That seems familiar where is that from? Google didnt help
The type of verses dudes are quoting in here lets me know that people clowning on party music have no sense of self.

No diss. I love the lyrics...but dudes love to identify with "the struggle" and hard luck tales more than admitting that a popular song is just as substantial. 
 I would hope that, cause Big Pimpin is definitely up there in terms of best JAY songs ever. Its the fact that more than likely songs about the struggle are better songs. They're more personal and creative than party songs.

J**** bit a lot of bars on this album though. My man Cappadonna still ain't get credit for that line on Renegade. Also the OG version of Renegade with Royce Da 5'9 > J**** version.

Side note: I heard Jay paid Royce and Em a pretty penny for that song. Can anybody confirm?

Edit: J i g g a is censored? wtf?

Last edited:
The Blueprint is my favorite rap album in that decade. Almost perfect album to me. J**** That you know what had a kind of weak hook but that's the only knock on the album i have.
Prolly my favorite song from the album is Breathe Easy.

J**** bit a lot of bars on this album though.
roll.gif
@ people still using this as a means to discredit him. Not only did plenty of other rappers bite bars(if you even want to call it that, in the sense that hes done it, its obviously paying homage) and yet never got called out on it to the degree that he did, but even if you want to call it that what does it have to do with the album as a whole? The album has 15 songs on it, that may be about 700 bars if not more, and you're basing your opinion off of 5 of them. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom