Never take your car to Midas. Vol Oil all over

No, but you're less of a man if you pass on the opportunity to learn.

Its relatively easy. All you need is an oil pan (to catch the oil,) a socket wrench, and of course some new oil. If you're replacing the filter, a couple more things.

I dont have a daddy :frown:

Am I less of a man cause I dont know how to change my oil?

Nah, you're good. Not everyone is inclined like that or wants to be.

I'd like to learn but I have an aversion to getting under my car....did it once a long time ago and kinda had a mini panic attack. That tight space **** isn't for me I guess.

You need to take this old school and gather the goons. Dont gotta burn the place down, but some mild vandalism

Shouldve filed a police report and call your insurance company to get a claim going. Then call Midas headquarters and get a claim going there too.

Last edited:
Reminds me of this. Most of the car work I do is by me. Learn more of my car by doing this 

Midas is the worst. They are scumbags. There's one within walking distance for me so I only took it there for inspection because I could walk home from the shop. He tried to tell me I needed like $2000 in repairs so then I say "what does it need to pass inspection", he says "new brake pads and rotors", so it was like $250-350 altogether.

I was ready to go down there and punch him in the mouth. He had been talking all this mess about brake fluid, bearings, spark plug wires, etc, etc. Fool would have tried to sell me a new engine and transmission.

Never again will I go to a MIdas no matter what the circumstances.

Midas is the worst. They are scumbags. There's one within walking distance for me so I only took it there for inspection because I could walk home from the shop. He tried to tell me I needed like $2000 in repairs so then I say "what does it need to pass inspection", he says "new brake pads and rotors", so it was like $250-350 altogether.

I was ready to go down there and punch him in the mouth. He had been talking all this mess about brake fluid, bearings, spark plug wires, etc, etc. Fool would have tried to sell me a new engine and transmission.

Never again will I go to a MIdas no matter what the circumstances.

Your car didn't need those things?

Last edited:
I just took my car there yesterday for an oil change and had no problems. I guess it just depends on which area.

Don't go to Jiffy Lube either....these dudes will charge 80 for an oil change easy.

OP, I'm confused. Did you call their CORPORATE office or some local office? There's no way you shouldn't be able to speak with a district supervisor

Don't go to Jiffy Lube either....these dudes will charge 80 for an oil change easy.

OP, I'm confused. Did you call their CORPORATE office or some local office? There's no way you shouldn't be able to speak with a district supervisor

The corporate office, they weren't much of a help. They just took my information and redirected me to the manager at Midas over the phone. :smh:

I have a experience like this about a month ago at Bennys. The mechanic didn't put enough oil in my whip. Had my oil pressure alert going crazy at 55%. Was going to take it back to them but people was telling me it was too late to bring it in to complain about their mistake.

File a civil suit immediately, the bureau won't do a single thing and you'll be wasting valuable time. Communicate once more through email or record a conversation for evidence purposes, and hand that midas franchisee court papers asap. They will be responsible for the damages caused by their negligence, especially if they admit fault or you have a mechanic who can vouch for your problems and if they are consistent with a forgotten oil cap

Back
Top Bottom