New GHOSTBUSTERS film confirmed with all-female cast

[h1]'Ghostbusters' Heading for $70M-Plus Loss, Sequel Unlikely[/h1]

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-heading-70m-loss-sequel-918515

----

@pr0phecy718

nelson.png

it continues

oceans remake with an all female cast.

If you had asked me a couple years ago to fantasy cast an all-female remake of Ocean's Eleven, I would have definitely thrown in at least Cate Blanchett and Rihanna, half joking. I would have been like, "LOL imagine Cate Blanchett and Rihanna on the SAME SCREEN. Yeah right, only in my wet dreams!" Well , it is actually happening, and I am SCARED. Scared with excitement. Can we take a moment to digest this news again? Cate Blanchett and Rihanna will be sharing the gscreen. Also, believe it or not, the cast of the forthcoming remake, Ocean's 8 (because women can do just as good, if not better, a job with less people on the squad?), is actually better than I could have ever dreamt up.

Let's break it down:

Cate Blachett: Cate martini-killer Blanchett. Cate CAROL Blanchett. Already slayed from this movie and it hasn't been made yet.
Rihanna: Look, I don't even care if Rihanna is a bad actor. Even if she just carries wine glasses out of restaurants to-go in the movie, it will be immediately Oscar-worthy.
Sandra Bullock: Have you seen The Net? 'Nuff said.
Helena Bonham Carter: Holy ****, imagine all the weird, gothy vibes she's gonna bring to the cast. So here for it.
Mindy Kaling: One of those people I never would have thought of for an Ocean's movie, but upon further reflection... Yes. Abso-*******-lutely. The Mindy Project is not really doing it for me anymore, but I am ready for the heist thriller version of Mindy Kaling.
Anne Hathaway: This is perfect timing because the era of hating on Anne Hathaway is over and I'm ready to root for her again. You should be too.
Awkwafina: Definitely the most unexpected of the bunch. Awkwafina (née Nora Lum), for those not familiar, is an Asian-American rapper who appeared as a sorority girl in Neighbors 2, hinting at the comedic chops she has to shine in big blockbusters. An Ocean's movie DEFINITELY needs at least one comic relief and I can't thank this movie enough for casting not one but TWO Asian women. Hashtag blessed hashtag rare.
Now, if you are a person capable of basic arithmetic, then you may notice that the eighth woman of Ocean's 8 is missing. Perhaps that eighth spot is for Julia Roberts, who will make an Ocean's Cinematic Universe appearance. I'm not mad at that, but if I've learned anything from today's casting news it's that sometimes your biggest dreams can come true. So let's have some fun and speculate who could, and should, be the eighth wonder of this movie.

Last edited:
Just watched online. Won't say I loved it, but I dug it. I dig when people try. Make effort. Nothing is perfect. And everything is relative to the viewer. I for one absolutely loved GB2. One of the goat films imo. Same with TM2. Both beter than their original counterparts imo. So it's really all relative. This movie, had its moments. Wasn't great. But they tried. I dig that. This female cast is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the corny male cast dudes were suggesting. Seth rogan fams? dude is garbage on every level.

I said Kate Mckinnon was gonna be a star a couple years ago. She has that spark. Like Will Ferrel. She just is naturally funny and full of life.

Was I the only one that got a Michael Cera vibe from Kristen Wiig? It's like she was channeling him from superbad in this. Kind of nerdy, self-deprecating, dry humor.

Melissa can't eat if the movie isn't rated R. She is golden with no restrictions. Kid movies like this is like her bird cage. Make the next movie rated R and she'll cook. She talk about how the ghost covered Kristen like a bukkake scene.

That would probably be better than the trash we had in the 90s

This still cracks me up tho

tumblr_mph1yqOMIg1qz5q5lo1_r1_500.gif
I watched that movie a few weeks ago because I was bored. It was terrible but it past some time. Still can't believe they were suppose to be goomba.

Reitman penned the script in secret (which is why we're only just hearing about the project) with with Monster House and Poltergeist remake director Gil Kenan. Specific story details are still under wraps, but we do know that the new team will consist of four teenagers, two male and two female.

I hope Bill Murray signs on this one and they still have Venkman doing his television show :lol::lol:

And I hope they finally let Winston shine through out the entire movie.

Teenagers now? Just stop it already

I've always wondered, if they're just gonna hire actors in their early/mid 20's to play a bunch of 18 year olds, does it really hurt to just have them play age accurate characters?

I mean, they could easily just be in College instead of High School if school related hijinx is all they need to flesh out a backstory.

2 girls and 2 boys? Teenagers? Doesn't sound too good.

Its crazy how they have a teaser trailer already tho.

I've always wondered, if they're just gonna hire actors in their early/mid 20's to play a bunch of 18 year olds, does it really hurt to just have them play age accurate characters?

I mean, they could easily just be in College instead of High School if school related hijinx is all they need to flesh out a backstory.
It’s just the lowest common denominator writing tool. Like next have it take place in space so you can do the same story but with space problems...... then have them be in mars so the next can have the same story but have mars problems...... then.....

GHOSTBUSTERS Star Ernie Hudson On Original Cast Returning For The New Film: "Everybody Is In"

There's a lot of excitement surrounding the recently announced Ghostbusters movie, which was revealed to be a true sequel to the original two films. But a lot of the hype is riding on the hopes that the original cast will return for the movie - something which hasn't been confirmed nor denied as of yet.

However, speaking to Daily Mail, original Ghostbusters star Ernie Hudson, who played Winston Zeddemore in the 1980s movies, has reportedly revealed that at least all of the original stars are willing to return.

"Ivan Reitman is there and everybody is in. Now whether the studio will do it, I'm the guy who sits by the phone and waits for the call. So if they call, I'll answer. If not, I've got other stuff that I'm doing.'"

Hudson and co-star Dan Akroyd (who played Ray Stantz) have already expressed a willingness to return on social media. The only one who hasn't commented on it is Bill Murray, but Hudson's comment has been interpreted by many media outlets to mean that even he's willing to return under the right circumstances.

Bill Murray annoys me with the Ghostbusters stuff

He never wanted to do a third movie for all those years and then he ends up appearing in the abysmal 2016 version

Now Harold Ramis is gone and a true reunion of the original four is impossible

I'm salty

Back
Top Bottom