New GHOSTBUSTERS film confirmed with all-female cast

Something else that will keep me away from this is the inevitable lack of practical effects.

U aint like the heat

Nope... or Bridesmaids aka Bootleg Female Hangover. Both of which were Paul Feig Films.... As is this upcoming Ghostbusters movie.

If she is cast for Ghostbusters, and it's looking extremely that likely she will be, I'll be expecting her usual "BEING FAT SO FUNNY LMAO" schick.

Needless to say, I don't have high hopes for this movie.

your sense of humor is cheeks ma

Last edited:
Well...this is disappointing. Thanks for ruining my day @dankenstien88   
laugh.gif
. Kristen Wiig is funny tho. I just don't like them going left on this project man. 

Is the cast official yet?

No, but its highly likely that Melissa McCarthy will be one of the leads. Fieg loves her and has been putting her in everything lately.

Personally I'd like to see them go with...

- Jenny Slate
- Kirsten Wiig
- Ilana Glazer
- Nick Kroll in drag
-Led by Sigourney Weaver reprising her character

Or even better yet, an all black team with...

- Ron Funches
- Hannibal Buress
- Craig Robinson
- Donald Glover
- Led by Ernie Hudson reprising his character

But that will never happen.

Frankly, I don't think Ghostbusters is a film that needs a reboot or another sequel at all. The fact that they're green-lighting this after Harold Ramis passed away isn't a good look.

The all black ghostbusters...I like the lineup, but I can already telegraph the jokes with ghosts and brothers. They won't catch **** 
laugh.gif

Ernie Hudson is taking some heat for his comments about the movie.

Ernie Hudson Thinks All-Female Ghostbusters Is A Bad Idea

We found out yesterday that a Ghostbusters reboot was on the way, and that it would feature an all-new, all-female cast of characters.

Ernie Hudson is the first of the original cast members to weigh in on the announcement, via The Telegraph, and he seems less than excited about the idea.

"I heard it was going to be a total reboot, and that it would have nothing to do with the other two movies," he said. "If it has nothing to do with the other two movies, and it's all female, then why are you calling it Ghostbusters?"

"I love females. I hope that if they go that way at least they'll be funny, and if they're not funny at least hopefully it'll be sexy. I love the idea of including women, I think that's great."

"But all-female I think would be a bad idea. I don't think the fans want to see that."

"Maybe it will come out and be the most amazing thing, but in my opinion I think it would be wrong to do another movie that didn't include the guys. And that didn't include me!"

Director Paul Feig has left the door open for Hudson and the other original Ghostbusters cast members to make cameo appearances in the reboot, so if Hudson really wants to be included, he has his chance.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/09/ernie-hudson-thinks-all-female-ghostbusters-is-a-bad-idea/

Melissa McCarthy is hilarious. Didn't see the movie with Sandra Bullock, but I was sold on Melissa McCarthy when I saw the deleted scenes from "This is 40" when she cursed out Paul Rudd and the principal.

I'd date her simply because of her personality. I'd just need a side chick lol

Is the cast official yet?

No, but its highly likely that Melissa McCarthy will be one of the leads. Fieg loves her and has been putting her in everything lately.

Personally I'd like to see them go with...

- Jenny Slate
- Kirsten Wiig
- Ilana Glazer
- Nick Kroll in drag
-Led by Sigourney Weaver reprising her character

Or even better yet, an all black team with...

- Ron Funches
- Hannibal Buress
- Craig Robinson
- Donald Glover
- Led by Ernie Hudson reprising his character

But that will never happen.

Frankly, I don't think Ghostbusters is a film that needs a reboot or another sequel at all. The fact that they're green-lighting this after Harold Ramis passed away isn't a good look.
Slate and Glazer are great additions but Nick Kroll in drag is pure genius :rofl:

But yeah Hollywood, has run out of ideas as far as going to original screenplays and making them hits. So now everything is reboot, remake, sequel after sequel, make a movie based off a book/comic book/video game.

I guarantee there will be a scene where Melissa McCarthy farts/burps.

It'll be in the trailer too.

Cardellini/Stone/Wiig are fine choices but I don't think McCarthy is worthy at all.

or one where she cusses someone out for a whole minute :rolleyes

she aint funny shes been the same character in all her movies

Back
Top Bottom