New NFL Jerseys - Jaguars, Dolphins, Vikings (Is Nike Ruining Football?)

All three are big improvements - especially Minnesota's. Would be nice to see a different font for the numbers, but i'm glad they've switched to something resembling their classic unis.

what possessed the Dolphins to change to that terribly generic logo?

SMH

their new jerseys suck too, might as well kept the old ones

Nike can propose the ugliest design in the world but ultimately it's up to the team whether they want to dress that way or not. For example, teams like the Raiders and Packers chose not to adopt Nike's fly-wire collar. The Vikings chose to go back to a more classic look with Nike. The Dolphins wanted to update their look and logo, and from the looks of it they did it in a relatively clean and classy way. Just because the Seahawks and Jags are going to go out on the field looking like straight clowns doesn't mean it's all Nike's fault, it's what they wanted to do.

Lee2.gif

714042058.gif

View media item 380516

I like the Jaguars teal jersey. Dont like that the sleeves are black though.
Not diggin the two tone helmet. Why Jacksonville why? Should've just made it all black.
But I love the logo. Lookin forward to buying a teal 59/50 with the new logo.

Last edited:
To the dude who said "it's not Nikes fault it's the team".

You have a point, the teams can add input and direct Nike how and where they want to go with the uniform. Like the Vikings and Miami did.

However Seattle and Jacksonville gave Nike the authority to do whatever they please. They gave Nike a blank canvas and Nike did what they've been doing in college for the past 7 years. So it's the teams fault for giving Nike the authority, but come on, it's def Nike fault for making a helmet look that ridiculous.

Is there not a general consensus that whenever Nike has been given the complete rights to overhaul a uniform they've just gone way too far. No? Have y'all not seen some of these college uniforms in the past couple years?

This era of college football jerseys is starting to look like what baseball did in 1970's, it didn't last, but they went way overboard. Now this "phase" has shifted to the NFL, never thought that would have happened. Even if they are the Jags, and the team needs to be overboard - imagine what this teams going to look like when they play the Giants, Packers, Cowboys, or Raiders? Haha - wont look right.

To the dude who said "it's not Nikes fault it's the team".

You have a point, the teams can add input and direct Nike how and where they want to go with the uniform. Like the Vikings and Miami did.

However Seattle and Jacksonville gave Nike the authority to do whatever they please. They gave Nike a blank canvas and Nike did what they've been doing in college for the past 7 years. So it's the teams fault for giving Nike the authority, but come on, it's def Nike fault for making a helmet look that ridiculous.

Is there not a general consensus that whenever Nike has been given the complete rights to overhaul a uniform they've just gone way too far. No? Have y'all not seen some of these college uniforms in the past couple years?

This era of college football jerseys is starting to look like what baseball did in 1970's, it didn't last, but they went way overboard. Now this "phase" has shifted to the NFL, never thought that would have happened. Even if they are the Jags, and the team needs to be overboard - imagine what this teams going to look like when they play the Giants, Packers, Cowboys, or Raiders? Haha - wont look right.

It's a damn Jersey chill out bro.

Plus its the Jaguars so who eem watches them.

BTW i like all three sooooo

I really like the Jags helmet and uni's

I wish nike had more freedom honestly. Its 2013 im sick of some of these "old classic" uniforms. I want my skins to have a black out uni like Oregon....matte black helmets black names on back some small color details....love that look

It's a damn Jersey chill out bro.

Plus its the Jaguars so who eem watches them.

BTW i like all three sooooo

Haha, I'm chilled bro. But this is NT, I see people debate over what NBA players wear on a regular basis or post pictures of what shoes they wear today, lol. So I guess this shouldn't be talked about?

Just a discussion bro. Just as long as Nike doesn't take overhaul the NY Giants, I'm good. In my opinion tho, Jags need to go after Tebow now. They'd make millions.

The 3 jerseys look good. The new Vikings jersey remind me of the 49ers. I'm not a fan of the gradient on the Jags helmet though.

I wish the Eagles just went back to the kelly green and dropped the current color that we have. :smh:

Last edited:
I love when the Falcons wear their throwbacks. They just need to update that style a little. Keep the red helmets though. those are :smokin

Love the Vikings and Dolphins. I like the Jags for the most part and I'm going to wait to pass judgement on those helmets. They might look great once you see them on the field.

Matte black looks so good though.

Yea those collars are definitely weird looking. All I can think of is a penguin or a tuxedo when certain teams wear those

I agree. I hate the horsecollar look of these new nike jerseys but I'm really feeling the Jaguars new uniform. I love the classic look but I feel like only a few teams should be able to keep the classic iconic look. We already have the ********, Giants, Raiders, Browns, Packers, Steelers, Colts,  Bears, Cowboys, and Chiefs who have virtually kept their jerseys the same for decades. And I may be missing another team or two. But other teams need to keep pushing the envelope uniform wise or else the classic look would lose its appeal. The reason Penn State's uniforms are so special is because everyone else's are modern and cutting edge. Jerseys like the new Jaguars' one have their place.

Back
Top Bottom