New Nike.com System - Picture Captcha/Access Codes

So how do they determine 'select customers'? I'm assuming we would have to apply and then they do some sort of online raffle? I'm OK with that system as long as there's transparency...

lol just saw the image its just a picture of the jordan retro 10s with a photoshopped "unlock" button this is all pathetic..

LOL I swear if this is false, whoever got their info wrong and jumped to spread this looking for cred should be banned from the next release
laugh.gif
 it really does seem like somebody pulled this out of their *** like chillen said

Your thinking about this is in the most simplistic of terms, you've got to realize that some of us know how to defeat nikes 1 per rules at almost hilarious levels.

Most I've ever ordered of 1 release is 10 pairs but I know people that have gotten 40 pairs of the same shoe with just a handful of addresses and yes all forms of payment weren't duplicate.

Its not that hard for those that want to circumvent the system.  Just understand that whether they implement this across all releases or not that there will be a way to game the system.
if you have 40 different addresses, with 40 different payments methods across 40 different accounts, then you deserve the 40 shoes because thats a lot of hussle .. 

Last edited:
Code only gives you a chance to buy, doesn't guarantee ish!
Exactly, people should click the link on the first page and read all the points. There are still a lot of unanswered questions though. From my understanding, you type in the access code just to get to the regular product page. 

got this off the LeBron 2k14 thread which makes no sense to me bc you can cop with out a code.

~~Edie: Hi, my name is Edie. How may I help you?

Edie: Hello T.

T: Hello

T: Can you explain the new access code system?

Edie: I will as best I can.

T: How do i get a code? How do you select who gets them?

Edie: Basically we will email random Nike.com registered members, totally random. The Access Code gives you access, but it doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to buy the launch product.

Edie: It betters your chance of getting launch products, hopefully to rid out the bots and earl links.

T: This sounds crazy to me. When will codes be sent out?

Edie: The night before I believe, this is a brand new process we are testing out.

T: There has to be a better way to eliminate bots and early links then what boils down to a lotto

Edie: I completely agree! I am on Twitter every Saturday morning.

T: Ok. Thanks for your help. I am a long time, loyal customer and I must say this is very disappointing. I hate bots with a passion but there has to be a better way than a system that tells honest customers they can't buy shoes unless they hit a lotto. I'm thrilled you're finally addressing the cheaters but this punishes honest folks

Edie: You will still be able to get the shoes without an acess code.

Edie: Only a couple codes will get sent out for each launch item

T: How do you get the shoes without an access code?

Edie: The shoes are going to launch as normal,

Edie: Certain consumers will get the code before the launch, the rest of the pairs will launch as normal.

T: I am so confused. So the shoes launch as normal, the cheaters will still gobble up pairs and honest folks with no access code now have less of a chance of getting a pair. This is disappointing. How do i be sure I'm eligible to possibly receive a code? How many codes will be given out?

Edie: By being a registered member on Nike.com and I am not sure how many codes will be given out. Like I said, this is a new process we are testing out.

T: This is really disappointing. Haven't you considered captchas, releasing enough product to meet demand, banning cheaters? It just is very discouraging to know I now need to hit a lottery to buy a shoe. I'm sorry. I know this isn't your decision but this is really disheartening. Thanks for your time.

Edie: You're welcome! I am sorry I wasn't able to provide better answers

T: I hope you tweet a link to a blog post soon explaining this because they're are a lot of confused people on sneaker message boards and to be honest I'm still confused. People get codes but people without codes can still buy. The people without codes will cheat like they always do. Oh, well. Thanks for your time

T: I have a Nike account. Do I notify you beforehand about which release I'd like to be considered for a code? How do you notify us if we won a code? Email? Please tell me more info is coming soon.

Edie: More info is coming soon, the code will be emailed to you the night before.

T: Ok rhanks

Edie: You're welcome

T: Good bye.

T: One last thing when can we expect a full explanation of this new system?

Edie: Yes, keep an eye on our Twitter (end of chat)

this is the beginning of the end
Lol the powder blues will be sold out at 8am
Powder blues were just a test today, they will be a regular tlo tomorrow.

Code only gives you a chance to buy, doesn't guarantee ish!
Exactly, people should click the link on the first page and read all the points. There are still a lot of unanswered questions though. From my understanding, you type in the access code just to get to the regular product page. 
Which is the whole point of the discussion so far, who gets a code and why?

lmao this makes no sense at all im just gonna register to NDC 600 times if true. also what if someone doesnt want a pair of a certain shoe but wins one then they will buy it just because they felt like they won something and know its limited= less pairs for those who want a pair. whatever tho ima just stick to FNL whether this access code is true or not

Last edited:

Powder blues were just a test today, they will be a regular tlo tomorrow.

Which is the whole point of the discussion so far, who gets a code and why?
Yea that's why I said there's still unanswered questions. There was an earlier post that said something like tier 1 was for access codes only to buy and then tier 2 was for everyone else. My point was that the access codes do not guarantee the shoes at all.

If this is indeed the way they are going to do this i like it, brings back the manual aspect of things.  How long until this gets exploited tho? I see it happening lol

If this is indeed the way they are going to do this i like it, brings back the manual aspect of things.  How long until this gets exploited tho? I see it happening lol
there WILL be bots that can enter a code then add to cart, might be a little more expensive for those bots tho

They could just make more pairs, but that's impossible :lol:

Seriously though, I don't see how this will help matters. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:
I could already see where this is going. ATC services are going to start using accounts with their own emails attached. A system is going to be created where a bot will extract code from a email(OCR related) and attach it to the their account prior to the release. ATC services will release accounts to people through email and people will llogin to checkout. Probably will take a month for ATC services to figure this out, but in the meantime happy shopping.

Shouldn't be that hard to implement an extra click to hit the 'unlock' button, then paste the code that you already have copied to your clipboard, then proceed with the add to cart process...

As someone told me who use to work for the CIA. "If it's man made, a man can get around it"

Not really. I'd give you 10 grands right now if you can hack an 8 digits passwords lol. I don't care how good of a hacker/programmer you are. It's gonna take a toll on you lol.

It's not impossible but i doubt anyone will have the time and desire to do that.

Horrible idea.

They are pretty much scrambling at this point to do anything but produce enough pairs to go around.

God forbid. The elephant in the room is clear here. 

They are hanging on to their precious little hype for dear life.

RSVP has been a fail, random releases have been a fail, captchas have been a fail, and this will be a fail.

Make more shoes or shut the hell up Nike.

Last edited:

Your thinking about this is in the most simplistic of terms, you've got to realize that some of us know how to defeat nikes 1 per rules at almost hilarious levels.

Most I've ever ordered of 1 release is 10 pairs but I know people that have gotten 40 pairs of the same shoe with just a handful of addresses and yes all forms of payment weren't duplicate.

Its not that hard for those that want to circumvent the system.  Just understand that whether they implement this across all releases or not that there will be a way to game the system.
Couldnt have said it better myself!!! 

Back
Top Bottom