New Orleans Pelicans???

Wizards should be happy that they're not in last place for having the worst team name in the NBA now.

Why should the Lakers be held responsible for what other teams choose to do? If they're picking awful names because the Lakers didn't change theirs then they're imitating us in the wrong way.

I do like the current NO color scheme. It fits the city perfectly. I guarantee you they change it to some crap color scheme 10 other teams already have. Bensons wife says she wants navy, red and gold. No thank you.

Something like the Miami Dolphins colors seems appropriate for Pelicans. I wouldn't mind that.

Last edited:
Like i said in the NBA thread. I give it up to Stern and the NBA quite often.
Except when it comes to naming teams. Some of the worst and out of character names are part of the NBA. Memphis Grizzlies, Utah Jazz, etc.
Blame the Lakers for this mess. If they had changed their name when moving from MN, everyone else would have as well.

Are you kidding me? :lol: Blaming the Lakers for not changing their name? I've truly seen it all on NT. :lol:

Are you kidding me? :lol: Blaming the Lakers for not changing their name? I've truly seen it all on NT. :lol:
They started the trend my friend. I'm sure we can all agree, if a team is going to relocate they should change their name - especially if that name was influenced by the hometowns culture or surroundings. The NBA messed that up years ago, started with the Lakers. They are both to blame.

Can we have one NBA thread where that team from LA isn't brought up? Is that too much to ask?
fadsl;fkj;dsasf;adssgesgdfs Forgot about this pic...yeah, I would've felt the same way.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

PELICANS though. Can't take a ***** seriously if he tells me he's rooting for some Pelicans. FOH with that name.

One way to fix this problem

View media item 157862

Other way - Lakers and Grizzlies equally don't make sense like the Utah Jazz, change them too.

Honorable mention - OKC should have been the Barons instead of the Thunder.

The NBA would be perfect if they made all these changes. It'd make sense.

Last edited:
How is this worse than the Blyue Jays or any other bird name in sports...Hyperbole at its finest.

The pelican is the state bird for Louisiana, i don't see a problem with this.

How is this worse than the Blyue Jays or any other bird name in sports...Hyperbole at its finest.

The pelican is the state bird for Louisiana, i don't see a problem with this.

baseball =/= basketball

in baseball blue jays is fine.

in basketball pelicans sounds stupid

I don't care if it doesn't make sense. It's not like LA is the land of lakes, so whatever. Utah is the Jazz. New Orleans should be the Super Sonics.

Last edited:
:rofl: sound like a minor league baseball team

That's because it is. Didn't you read the article in the link?

Like i said in the NBA thread. I give it up to Stern and the NBA quite often.

Except when it comes to naming teams. Some of the worst and out of character names are part of the NBA. Memphis Grizzlies, Utah Jazz, etc.

Blame the Lakers for this mess. If they had changed their name when moving from MN, everyone else would have as well.

Before moving to Memphis, the Grizzles were in Vancouver (in the Northwest, known for the woods and bears). Before moving to Utah, they were called the New Orleans Jazz. New Orleans already had a Jazz team.

Last edited:
When you pick animal names for teams they either have to be ferocious or majestic. What is ferocious or majestic about a PELICAN?

Back
Top Bottom