New Orleans Pelicans???

Zatarain's
roll.gif

But UTAH JAZZ makes sense???

For me at least, it has less to do with making sense and more about being a name that flows (like the game of basketball, I guess). Pelicans just sounds awkward, particularly for a basketball squad. It sounds like a minor league baseball team to start. Paired with New Orleans, it just sounds worse to me. "Louisiana Pelicans" sounds better, in my opinion. But if it stays, it stays. I highly doubt I'll be a fan regardless of the name.

Last edited:
We have a couple lakes here in LA :lol:

I'm saying, Utah is the LAST place that "Jazz" would exist. It's as if the owners felt that the irony would take care of the ridiculousness of the name :smh:

New Orleans Pelicans doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Should have used Voodoo. That would have been bad *****. I always loved the logo they had for the arena football team.

View media item 158120

So if the Bobcats become the Hornets, when we look at Larry Johnson's or Dell Curry's stats would it say they were apart of the Hornets which is now the New Orleans Pelicans or apart of the Charlotte Hornets that was the Charlotte Bobcats?

Not necessarily, with the name typically comes the stats and history.

So Charlotte would get that back.

Last edited:
shoulda changed the entire color palette.. cause blue/red and gold.. not a bigfan.. they should've done something with green, purple and gold.. like they did with their mardi gras jerseys

Pelicans? 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Davis' unibrow is funny enough, now this. 

Last edited:
Guess I'm the only one that likes the Pelicans monkier
frown.gif

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom