***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

ended up paying 186 off reebok... promo code would've been nice.. lol oh well.

i can finally say I'm done wit shoes..

great year!! Pumps. blast. command force

last pair i really want is the air raid 2 peace. but i can live wit the ones that came out this year.

Slightly OT, but does anyone know which shoe came out first - the Pump or the Air Jordan IV? I just noticed the 'netting' and 'wing overlay' around the ankle area and thought it was somewhat similar.

The Pump just had it's 25th anniversary so it was Nov 24th, 1989 that the OG dropped. Now the IV released in 1989 as well, but I can't seem to find the exact date. So if Nike had the same type of release schedule that they had through most of Jordan's career then they dropped in Feb of 89. But I'm sure some other J historians can expand on that.

BUT...the netting on the Titolo pair you are referring to was not on the OG white pair, just the plastic wings were. The netting is just an addition on this collab pair. Not sure if it's featured on any other collab pairs. But I like your thinking bro!

Last edited:
Was able to cop the white OG this morning with 15% off. Came to $144.49 shipped, size 8. Most everything was gone. Looks like 2 pair of 8, 3 of 8.5, and maybe a 10 or 10.5 left. Surprised they went like that.

The Pump just had it's 25th anniversary so it was Nov 24th, 1989 that the OG dropped. Now the IV released in 1989 as well, but I can't seem to find the exact date. So if Nike had the same type of release schedule that they had through most of Jordan's career then they dropped in Feb of 89. But I'm sure some other J historians can expand on that.

BUT...the netting on the Titolo pair you are referring to was not on the OG white pair, just the plastic wings were. The netting is just an addition on this collab pair. Not sure if it's featured on any other collab pairs. But I like your thinking bro!
You know what's crazy, November 24, 1989 was on a Friday as well. Good Marketing by Reebok for these to come out. I'm starting to like Reebok more and more as far as pricing is concerned. $170 in 1989 and $170 in 2014, that's kind of dope(Although, I got mines $118 shipped)! trentbg trentbg with these retailing for $170 in 1989, how did the general consumers react to such a high price point back then? I'm very curious on this because $170 for a basketball shoe in 1989 seems extremely high. It's crazy how we are "content' on paying $170 for shoes now a days with no problem. Also, how does ERS technology feel under foot compared to hexilite? I never tried ERS on any reeboks that I've owned from what i remember.

You know what $170 was a huge amount of money than its a pretty big number now, of course back in the day that number looked a lot bigger, but when you think about it all the top tier models and signature models were around $120-$130, so realistically, it was not so different than today. For me it definitely was back than, being in my early teen year, I was stuck wearing worst than Payless shoes and even to dream about having any quality stuff on my feet seemed out of reach. 

When it comes to ERS, it was definitely far less responsive and useful than Hexalite, Reebok killed it with the Hexalite back in the day, Hexalite was for Reebok what Zoom was later for Nike, it was an amazing success and such a cool technology, that's why I think Reebok made a tremendous mistake when in 97 they tried to put all of their eggs in one basket with the DMX, quick fact the DMX was a tech that was in place years before and Reebok only used it in models that were only made for walking and it was called DynaMiX or Dynamic Cushioning System, and this is where the name DMX comes from. ERS seemed great on paper, but none of the models I had or any of my friends, felt responsive, but the dense EVA is to blame too, in late 80's and early 90's the Polyurethane midsoles were very hard, that's why most of them crumble and crack over time. 

You know what's crazy, November 24, 1989 was on a Friday as well. Good Marketing by Reebok for these to come out. I'm starting to like Reebok more and more as far as pricing is concerned. $170 in 1989 and $170 in 2014, that's kind of dope(Although, I got mines $118 shipped)! trentbg trentbg with these retailing for $170 in 1989, how did the general consumers react to such a high price point back then? I'm very curious on this because $170 for a basketball shoe in 1989 seems extremely high. It's crazy how we are "content' on paying $170 for shoes now a days with no problem. Also, how does ERS technology feel under foot compared to hexilite? I never tried ERS on any reeboks that I've owned from what i remember.

You know what $170 was a huge amount of money than its a pretty big number now, of course back in the day that number looked a lot bigger, but when you think about it all the top tier models and signature models were around $120-$130, so realistically, it was not so different than today. For me it definitely was back than, being in my early teen year, I was stuck wearing worst than Payless shoes and even to dream about having any quality stuff on my feet seemed out of reach. 
When it comes to ERS, it was definitely far less responsive and useful than Hexalite, Reebok killed it with the Hexalite back in the day, Hexalite was for Reebok what Zoom was later for Nike, it was an amazing success and such a cool technology, that's why I think Reebok made a tremendous mistake when in 97 they tried to put all of their eggs in one basket with the DMX, quick fact the DMX was a tech that was in place years before and Reebok only used it in models that were only made for walking and it was called DynaMiX or Dynamic Cushioning System, and this is where the name DMX comes from. ERS seemed great on paper, but none of the models I had or any of my friends, felt responsive, but the dense EVA is to blame too, in late 80's and early 90's the Polyurethane midsoles were very hard, that's why most of them crumble and crack over time. 

I remember that $125 seemed to be the magic number for Air Jordan's back in the day. The Pump I don't recall pricing as when they dropped I was still a size 6.5 and they didn't go that small then. At least the places I went to for shoes didn't have them. So I never got a pair until the Twilight Zones. A friend in school had the purple Omni Zone and he told me about the neon Twilights. Begged mom to take me to get them the next day.

As for ERS and Hexalite, I don't remember exactly which was better, but I will definitely take trentbg trentbg at his word regarding both those cushioning systems. I had the Shaq 2 and 4 and the Twilights and neither, IMO was nicer than the other. Think I was just stoked enough to actually be wearing Pumps!

Now on the retro's however...I think Trent had mentioned way earlier in the Shaq or Kami thread how the retro Hex isn't the same as the OG version. My Kami's, and Attaq's are both very comfortable and my Attaq's take the lead ever so slightly for me. But on that note my recent string of OG Pump 25 collabs are more comfortable than both my Kami's and Attaq's. Not sure how true to OG form the ERS system in the OG pumps but they are heads above 90% of the kicks I own in terms of comfort straight out of the box. Might also be the copious amounts of total foot padding for the full foot airbag, but either way the Reebok camp has impressed me with the models I have chosen to purchase.

Reebok 25 Certified Pump Collabs so far:
Atmos

Concepts

Mita (Electric City)

Titolo

Reebok OG white coming this week as well. Very excited.

Yeah I have shown many times in my videos the difference between the "new" and the old Hexalite and I actually pulled a full preserved honeycomb patch from a pair of old kicks and showed it.  

Yeah I have shown many times in my videos the difference between the "new" and the old Hexalite and I actually pulled a full preserved honeycomb patch from a pair of old kicks and showed it.  
What is your YouTube channel?

Nope, not even at that price, I really don't see myself in these, like I said before, never been a fan of the model. Now see if they bring the second Pump Hi back, I will be all over it, like hype beast on a new Jordan release[emoji]9786[/emoji]

A few sites still have these even in big sizes. May have to cop in a couple months. I've spent way too much cash on sneakers.

^^ where? In need of a 13. Feel free to pm if you don't want to blow the spots up.

Nope, not even at that price, I really don't see myself in these, like I said before, never been a fan of the model. Now see if they bring the second Pump Hi back, I will be all over it, like hype beast on a new Jordan release[emoji]9786[/emoji]

Reading is fundamental :lol: My apologies, as I started reading your post I was like "duh, he said he didn't like the HIGH tops when we discussed the Air Command Force"...I got blinded by the exceptional price!

No problem brother, and the price is indeed amazing, especially considering the quality on these retros, JB even with their "remastered" next year, will not going to match it. 

No problem brother, and the price is indeed amazing, especially considering the quality on these retros, JB even with their "remastered" next year, will not going to match it. 

Every time I hear "remastered" and think of the cats WAITING for those shoes to drop...I just think "come on guys...how much longer will you fall for this nonsense?" My Reebok/Wade collection over the last year is close if not over 50% of my 100+ pair collection. Happier with pricing, availability, and quality of those brands. Will post a decent review of the OG's if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom