***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Truly mind blowing to me, Twitter is on fire today, Reebok managed to create more hype with that "new" ZPump than any other far better and more desired OG retro model. There is nothing really new about this shoe and people are cheering like is a some sort of revelation. 

Yeah exactly :smile: Its that new one that suppose to be released on 03/10, but it is all over the place already. 

trentbg trentbg
Having not seen any of the Twitter hooplah I can only guess it's due to it's target "Cross Fit" audience. I work in an upscale health club in NJ and for all the members who actually wear the Reebok CF training shoes they all look at any of my Pumps, Shaq's, Kami's like "oh those are nice what are they?" I am the resident sneaker guy lol. But just goes to show you how narrow minded people can be.

Yeah exactly right, it was just funny to me how hard they are pushing on them joints. 

What in thee hell is that?? Lol

No matter how they felt i wouldnt be caught in dead in those :lol:

You think the word "pump" is big enough on the shoe or should they have made it a bit bigger? :lol:

Just to jump back to the Ventilators, I like the SNS collab. Not over-the-top (although the bee on the back is pushing it!). I might look into picking up a pair if I can swing a connect to Australia at a sensible price.

Truly mind blowing to me, Twitter is on fire today, Reebok managed to create more hype with that "new" ZPump than any other far better and more desired OG retro model. There is nothing really new about this shoe and people are cheering like is a some sort of revelation. 

Seriously! All over Twitter today. Give the OG Furys the love, far superior shoe. All those OG retros, nothing like this

If they come out with ones minus the writing I'll pick up a pair on discount. Probably comfortable

Last edited:
You can count me Kenny G. I'll be caught dead in those. They cool to me. It'so good for Reebok to have success with the crossfit. More money gain will be more money for the classics side. I'm just saying

Last edited:
@trentbg
Having not seen any of the Twitter hooplah I can only guess it's due to it's target "Cross Fit" audience. I work in an upscale health club in NJ and for all the members who actually wear the Reebok CF training shoes they all look at any of my Pumps, Shaq's, Kami's like "oh those are nice what are they?" I am the resident sneaker guy lol. But just goes to show you how narrow minded people can be.
True. Every duty station I've been to in the Army, every muscle head Lone Survivor wannabe hits the gym in the Cross Fit joints. They sell out pretty quick at our exchange. I can only imagine what these will do.

You can count me Kenny G. I'll be caught dead in those. They cool to me. It'so good for Reebok to have success with the crossfit. More money gain will be more money for the classics side. I'm just saying

I hope you're right. If things that I won't spend money on give Reebok the cash to produce stuff that I WILL buy, I'm fine with that!

Last edited:
Seriously! All over Twitter today. Give the OG Furys the love, far superior shoe. All those OG retros, nothing like this

If they come out with ones minus the writing I'll pick up a pair on discount. Probably comfortable
My thoughts exactly, they probably thought they are JB with the huge Jumpman that can be seen from airplanes and decided they can do the same with the Pump. Not only that, but they are planning to flood the market with colorways of that shoe. 

@Phil32 it only makes sense. I don't know why there's hate by heads on here about it. A ACTUAL Reebok product getting hype and it's not a retro?? Say what you want about Crossfit but I'm sure Reebok is making more money off it than the retros. I'm a Reebok head and if this benefits the company in the long run, I'm all for it. More market noise is better

Last edited:
^I think it's more of we're getting only a tiny fraction of retros. In terms of what new products they're pumping out, it's either CF or running. That's it. Their bball side of the house is essentially their retro side of the house as well. Answer 14's aren't bad, but how many have them? Kamikaze 4? I won't even ask. Times are so different now, with all the colors and collabs, which I don't have a problem with, but it seems like that's all we get. Instead of expanding the retro catalog, we see most recycled again and again. In my opinion one of the top retros they put out was the azure Attaqs. Hands down, but it was limited. Re-release those, and Reebok will garner even more pub than the z-pump. I like the z pump, but if it came down to it, Azures all day.

Last edited:
@Phil32 it only makes sense. I don't know why there's hate by heads on here about it. A ACTUAL Reebok product getting hype and it's not a retro?? Say what you want about Crossfit but I'm sure Reebok is making more money off it than the retros. I'm a Reebok head and if this benefits the company in the long run, I'm all for it. More market noise is better

This.

I agree fully. I'm not personally going to buy them, but if they an move Crossfit product at or near retail, that'll hopefully fund the retro product that I am wanting to get!

@allhailmegatron I'm one of the biggest Reebok Homers there are. 95% of my shoe collection are Reebok. I have some pairs of Kamikaze 4'so by the way and I do have some of the newer stuff with some Crossfit shoes and I don't even Crossfit LOL. But I got to be real with myself. Reebok could release ALL their retro catalog tomorrow and it would surely get a spike in their sales but what would it really do in a Nike world? Most of the heads on here would be excited if it happened but they would most likely wait for most of the kicks to go on discount. They would complain about something miniscule with the release also. All outside/Nike heads would laugh at the notion that Reebok is doing a fire sale with all the releases. They would laugh and say "Reebok is going out of business". There would be a few that would want some of the models but they would do like the normal Reebok head and would wait and pickup on a discount. This scenario is far fetched but truthfully is what is happening slowly with the releases over the years. Retros are great for memory lane but not for progression. Need new products for the new generation

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with buying on a discount, its nothing new, before the social media and the hype, everyone with a little bit more sense and logic was waiting for the better price, who would want to spend more, if they can spend less, now days kids get brain washed by the Swoosh to think almost all is limited and they have to buy it now, at this moment. It is OK if you don't grab a pair on a release date, its OK if you don't have the latest release just like (insert random influencer name here) that day. What the NIke/JB heads think about Reebok is my last concern, and I am sure Reebok's as well, pumping out new products is great, if it manages somehow to bring revenue and more fans - great, but personally I am not buying any of those "new" shoes, OG or nothing. 

@trentbg
True. Every duty station I've been to in the Army, every muscle head Lone Survivor wannabe hits the gym in the Cross Fit joints. They sell out pretty quick at our exchange. I can only imagine what these will do.
9yrs in and I still see mostly nike running shoes on soldiers and I don't think I've seen crossfit reeboks at my exchange, i'm have to start looking, I always buy my runners from fnl they're always on sale their
laugh.gif

@allhailmegatron I'm one of the biggest Reebok Homers there are. 95% of my shoe collection are Reebok. I have some pairs of Kamikaze 4'so by the way and I do have some of the newer stuff with some Crossfit shoes and I don't even Crossfit LOL. But I got to be real with myself. Reebok could release ALL their retro catalog tomorrow and it would surely get a spike in their sales but what would it really do in a Nike world? Most of the heads on here would be excited if it happened but they would most likely wait for most of the kicks to go on discount. They would complain about something miniscule with the release also. All outside/Nike heads would laugh at the notion that Reebok is doing a fire sale with all the releases. They would laugh and say "Reebok is going out of business". There would be a few that would want some of the models but they would do like the normal Reebok head and would wait and pickup on a discount. This scenario is far fetched but truthfully is what is happening slowly with the releases over the years. Retros are great for memory lane but not for progression. Need new products for the new generation
REPPED!!!!!   So much truth sir.

9yrs in and I still see mostly nike running shoes on soldiers and I don't think I've seen crossfit reeboks at my exchange, i'm have to start looking, I always buy my runners from fnl they're always on sale their :lol:

Same here. 9 years in, half Navy, half Army. I see the same Free's, Air Maxes, etc...on most soldiers too. I guess it varies from post to post. At Ft Lewis, it was Nike/JB everything, but Merrell, Salomon, and NB minimalist shoes sold really well. But guys still went out to the mall and online and purchased them. Korea was hit or miss. Campbell, mostly Nike. We get CF Reebok from time to time. When we do, they usually dry up quickly. They always have competitions here, because it's popular here. Reebok does ok here, not enough to bet the house on, but enough to take notice.

Last edited:
Agreed, but how many die-hards are there? I wont discount other brands, because I have before. Then I realized, without social media, that I wore anything I liked in high school and college. Good times and great memories. But for me, I had waited many moons for the Rail, the Blasts, kamikazes, and D-time pumps to resurface. Did I buy at retail? Yeah, because I was excited about the brand once again. I'll do the same with the Answer 3's. 

Right now there is no face of Reebok. Crossfit does well, but judging how out of shape the younger generation is, I don't see them doing a ton of it, because they cant get off their smartphones long enough to do so. We can hope the younger generation can expand their mindset, but at the current state I don't think they will. These kids aren't out to wear the latest and greatest. They want to know what's limited and what  is going to make them a quick profit before the demand dries up. Retros might not bring in the new jacks, but they might bring back the old dogs who have been looking for a reason to come back.

thinking of getting these pump for sure....Im definitely in since I do CF nowadays for my workouts...def excited :smile:

All those Reeboks in the background of that pic are nice too. I don't understand the hate for Reebok's current line up. I'm not a cross fit guy but would have no problem rocking these with cargo shorts or b-ball shorts. If they're popular with the younger folk....then what's the problem?

Back
Top Bottom