***New Reebok Pick-Ups, Release Info, etc.***

Hey Chill - How did they fit on you? I just ordered a 10.5 from Livestock, but I'm worried they may be too big. I wear 10.5s in other Reebok Classic runners, and some folks have said these run big, while others have said TTS. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I'm a size 11 and I got my true size and they don't feel big to me.

Just some of the old Reeboks I found while reminiscing (and identifying the Fila Rainmaker!):

The one in the middle is the Jackal - obviously the other 2 are identified. I used to love that Lightning DMX6.

Last edited:
The Reebok Lightning looks like the inspiration to Nike's plastic Flywire joints... :smh:

On another note, thanks for all the catalog and magazine scans in both this thread and the FILA thread. One thing great about the NBA of the 90s was that everyone was rocking a different set of kicks. Nowadays there's barely any variety.

The Reebok Lightning looks like the inspiration to Nike's plastic Flywire joints... :smh:

On another note, thanks for all the catalog and magazine scans in both this thread and the FILA thread. One thing great about the NBA of the 90s was that everyone was rocking a different set of kicks. Nowadays there's barely any variety.

You mean that everyone wearing Kobes, Hyper-whatevers and LeBrons isn't variety?! Hehe. You're so right. There seemed like a lot more variety back in the day, although I suppose we have the Chinese brands & UA nowadays. But the look of all the shoes is pretty similar.

And no probs with the old pics. There'll be more when I extract a few of the other old SLAMs. There are a few more Reebok ones I already have, so I might put them up in a bit (at work right now, so I should probably try to be productive I suppose....).

Just some of the old Reeboks I found while reminiscing (and identifying the Fila Rainmaker!):

The one in the middle is the Jackal - obviously the other 2 are identified. I used to love that Lightning DMX6.
The Jackal is mega dope, I love this model, and the Lightning was a very good ball shoe.
 The Reebok Lightning looks like the inspiration to Nike's plastic Flywire joints... 
mean.gif

Hey dont say that, the Nike fanboiz will come jump all over you for saying someone else was using wire for lacing system before Nike :smile:

It really makes me sad, all I see around me is J's with a Nike model here and there, 90% new stuff all plastic and linoleum KD/Kobe/Bron. Back in the old days you can see kids with FILA, Reebok, BK, Nike, Converse, Adidas, NB, Asics, LAGear, Hi-Tech, Mizuno...you name it, they had them, people were all about being different and bringing variety.

Phil, do you see anywhere in those magazines a Converse model with the logo on the toebox, I am trying to find the name of it like crazy, it had a big over sized midsole, stacked like ribs, for lack of better explanation. 

Last edited:
@trentbg : I'll have a look when I get home. There were a number of different looking Converses in the magazines I looked through, so I'll see what I can come up with.

You mean that everyone wearing Kobes, Hyper-whatevers and LeBrons isn't variety?! Hehe. You're so right. There seemed like a lot more variety back in the day, although I suppose we have the Chinese brands & UA nowadays. But the look of all the shoes is pretty similar.

And no probs with the old pics. There'll be more when I extract a few of the other old SLAMs. There are a few more Reebok ones I already have, so I might put them up in a bit (at work right now, so I should probably try to be productive I suppose....).

Honestly Phil - it's almost entirely plastic Nikes/JBs or low quality JB retros. UA and some of the Chinese brands aren't any better than Nike when it comes to use of their plastic/mesh.

@trent, it's crazy how we've actually regressed in terms of sneaker innovation these days. Weight reduction is praised and this has resulted in some cookie-cutter, minimalist types sneakers that use 'vinyl' graphics in place of panels, overlays and seams.

vood99 vood99
The league is overrun by Nike and JB. We all know this. UA has decent presence as does Adidas. However they are both HEAVILY synthetic material brands. The other side of that coin however, IMO, is their price points. They are not crazy unlike Nike's $200 range for essentially the same stuff.

Peak has Tony Parker, but I have not seen them in person so I can't comment on materials/quality. Anta seems to make a decent shoe at a decent price point as well. And if any of you guys know me I'm a HUGE Way of Wade fan. Materials and craftsmanship are A1 and the $150 price point seems like a steal for what you are getting in the current market. My Reeboks obv hold up in those categories as well. But the diversity on the whole seems to be less than it used to for sure.

We had our stashes released today in hk. I scooped up both. Enjoy! N I wear my Z without laces they look much better!

Last edited:
Yeah Dominique was rocking the White/Red pair, the Pump Hi ll is one of the few models to feature a full foot pump chamber system, where even the insoles inflate.

Its called Fullfoot-Foodbed (dual chamber) actually, as part of the Custom fit+Support tailored sneakers, there is no double pump, one pump with two chambers, the flip valve in the heel collar switches between pumping the footbed and the fullfoot.

Last edited:
vood99 vood99
The league is overrun by Nike and JB. We all know this. UA has decent presence as does Adidas. However they are both HEAVILY synthetic material brands. The other side of that coin however, IMO, is their price points. They are not crazy unlike Nike's $200 range for essentially the same stuff.

Peak has Tony Parker, but I have not seen them in person so I can't comment on materials/quality. Anta seems to make a decent shoe at a decent price point as well. And if any of you guys know me I'm a HUGE Way of Wade fan. Materials and craftsmanship are A1 and the $150 price point seems like a steal for what you are getting in the current market. My Reeboks obv hold up in those categories as well. But the diversity on the whole seems to be less than it used to for sure.

@Dc30, thanks for co-signing. I actually have a pair of the WoW 2.0 and I was blown away by the build quality. I do notice that the WoW 3.0 is running more synthetic materials though, what's your take?

Bros, any of you have the Shroud yet? How are they in terms of comfort and build quality?

@Dc30, thanks for co-signing. I actually have a pair of the WoW 2.0 and I was blown away by the build quality. I do notice that the WoW 3.0 is running more synthetic materials though, what's your take?

Bros, any of you have the Shroud yet? How are they in terms of comfort and build quality?
Not  get off Reebok topic but me and DC30 are both big Wade fans and they are not really going synthetic. A lot of people expressed their liking of the mesh material used when they created the Camo 2.0 sample and the Screw 2.0. People asked for it...so they delivered it. And even that mesh material is WAY above Nike's grade. Its thick and stiff. Its not even in the same category as the flynit type stuff.

So they are only doing what people asked because people did not get the mesh given the screw was a china release only and the camo 2.0 was a sample colorway. Just my .02

Last edited:

I am going to wait for the Shroud to really drop down, never been a huge fan of the model and I am sure the execution of this retro is not going to be anything special. To be honest the only model that I am getting really excited about is the Ventilator Supreme, on a side note, looks like they might have scrapped the Battleground ll after all, some samples popped on ebay. 

vood99 vood99
Not to derail too much lol, but the WoW 3.0 isn't really running "synthetic" to me. So far they have 3 CW's will full grain gorgeous leather. The Christmas is a nice woven upper and then you have the thick nylon. Synthetic to me is the "fuse plastic" Nike runs. The nylon is TOUGH like the nylon mesh used on my ice goalie pads. WAY tougher than the AJXI. Think Shaq FOP mesh. So as of now it's 50/50 on leather/other materials. That being said the quality is much higher and aside from a few SE pairs, lower price points.

Its called Fullfoot-Foodbed (dual chamber) actually, as part of the Custom fit+Support tailored sneakers, there is no double pump, one pump with two chambers, the flip valve in the heel collar switches between pumping the footbed and the fullfoot.

Bro, you are right in the details but the actual name of the shoes is called: Double Pump. I googled it for ya:

I am going to wait for the Shroud to really drop down, never been a huge fan of the model and I am sure the execution of this retro is not going to be anything special. To be honest the only model that I am getting really excited about is the Ventilator Supreme, on a side note, looks like they might have scrapped the Battleground ll after all, some samples popped on ebay. 

I never owned the shroud og before. But after I flipped back the old eastbay catalog pics, the zipper goes much higher on the og similar height to the football version. The retro on the other hand is much lower like the and1 spree mids if u remember what they are.

Bro, you are right in the details but the actual name of the shoes is called: Double Pump. I googled it for ya:
Hahahaha, you googled it for me ***** "bro" go play on the street JR. You kids are so quick to argue these days without knowing the facts, allow me to bring knowledge in to your life.

Trentbg,

Alright, alright. I m 36, I have been a reebok fan since 10 something. I never knew the shoes have a name called: pump II high. I am from hk n immigrated to canada. Got my double pumps from hk. i remember at that time, TV commercials n adverts refering them as double pumps. I dont have the shoes n box in hand now. As I have moved back to HK for long time. Thanks for your info n pics bro. I m not trying to be wise or anything. I have no idea why reebok used two names for this particular shoes then.

Last edited:
Double Pump was more of commercial trick or acronym for the model, they were trying to emphasize on the dual chamber feature without actually calling it that, granted sounds a lot cooler if you call it Dual or Double Pump. The weirdest thing is actually the low version was called Pump LCS, figure that one out if you can :smile: And yeah Reebok is my diagnose in the last 24 years, its a condition that I cant get away from :smile:

Btw, why is it called Pump ll Hi, is because is the second and last model to follow the original Pump Hi, the model with the release valve on the heel collar, or what people call it today the Bringbacks, that were just retro-ed again last fall for the 25th anniversary.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom