New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

kobe, ron, barnes, hill are the only dudes i wouldnt get rid of... and mcroberts but thats just me 
grin.gif
  everyone else is expendable

bigs that can play defense and some dudes that can shoot... thats what they need

im not exactly sure how important a pg like dwill is even though hes my fav pg, maybe some key pieces can lure him

No to Steve Nash. We need to get younger ASAP. Here's what I'd like to see happen:

-keep Ron
-resign Sessions
-resign Jordan Hill
-Pau for Derrick Williams and Beasley
-Dwight pisses me off, but if Orlando is down for a Bynum/Howard swap....how do you say no?

More to come later.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Literally the only thing I care about is Pau being gone.

Gone.

HOW HAS TWITTER NOT ANNOUNCED THAT HE HAS BEEN TRADED YET?!?!
mad.gif
mad.gif
How about Bynum?

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Originally Posted by John Mayer

In all honesty your best hope of more titles in the next 10 years is trading Kobe right now. No one will admit that though.

U CANT TRADE HIM BRO. ITS IN HIS CONTRACT
didn't know that. nevermind 
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but welcome to a decade of irrelevance LA.
Considering that's NEVER happened in our years of existence I think we'll just continue to Lake. But have your field day haters, we'll be back sooner than you think.

^ I wouldn't be mad at Bynum staying; wouldn't be mad at seeing him go.Same w/ everyone else... except Pau."Ska, you're crazy. Lakers' strength is the two 7-footers."Screw that. One 7-footer plays w/ the offensive intimidation of Muggsy Bogues.

In all honesty your best hope of more titles in the next 10 years is trading Kobe right now. No one will admit that though.

roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but welcome to a decade of irrelevance LA.

laugh.gif

One of the most idiotic posts here on NT which does not surprise me since the usual NT Laker HATERS & TROLLS are out tonight.

Even if the Lakers front office makes no moves this summer which I doubt will happen.

TNT showed the contract situation of the current roster and a lot of the big contracts (Gasol, Bynum, Kobe, Metta) all expire and come off the books in 2013-2014 summer.

LA & the Lakers will ALWAYS attract marquee free agents. Which that summer could very well include guys like Chris Paul, James Harden and other young talent.

Originally Posted by thachosen123

That's foolish......nobody would admit it cause it makes no damn sense, this ain't 2008
I'm saying trade him while he still has all this value.  If you trade him for a young player (ex. D-Will), you can increase your chances dramatically of winning more titles exponentially because you're getting a guy who plays team oriented basketball, young, and is easy to build around.  One more injury and Kobe is done.  He's only getting worse from here on out and he's not going to defer to anyone, so that means if you get Dwight, D-Will, or both, Kobe will still have to be "the man" on the roster.  Might as well have Melo on your team, except I think a 50 year old Kobe will play better defense than Melo in his prime.  3 years from now you Laker fans are going to be on your knees begging for Kobe to retire so you can really start the rebuilding process.  
But none of this matters because you can't trade him.    

lakersreppa008:
Honestly, if it came down to it, the only guys that I want to see back are Kobe and Ron.
I agree. I'm good w/ Kobe (because I have to be) & Ron.

Everyone else is tradeable.

Pau gone yet?

That's foolish......nobody would admit it cause it makes no damn sense, this ain't 2008
I'm saying trade him while he still has all this value.  If you trade him for a young player (ex. D-Will), you can increase your chances dramatically of winning more titles exponentially because you're getting a guy who plays team oriented basketball, young, and is easy to build around.  One more injury and Kobe is done.  He's only getting worse from here on out and he's not going to defer to anyone, so that means if you get Dwight, D-Will, or both, Kobe will still have to be "the man" on the roster.  Might as well have Melo on your team, except I think a 50 year old Kobe will play better defense than Melo in his prime.  3 years from now you Laker fans are going to be on your knees begging for Kobe to retire so you can really start the rebuilding process.  
You're not making any sense. He has two years left on his contract. In fact everyone comes off the books in 2014. So even if they do the go all in to maximize the most out of him, which they will do, LA is only on the hook for 2 seasons. Secondly, nobody would trade for him because he has 27 million to make next season and 30 in the last year, with the new CBA that's half the cap.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

One of the most idiotic posts here on NT which does not surprise me since the usual NT Laker HATERS & TROLLS are out tonight.

Even if the Lakers front office makes no moves this summer which I doubt will happen.

TNT showed the contract situation of the current roster and a lot of the big contracts (Gasol, Bynum, Kobe, Metta) all expire and come off the books in 2013-2014 summer.

LA & the Lakers will ALWAYS attract marquee free agents. Which that summer could very well include guys like Chris Paul, James Harden and other young talent.
Man I'm not even a hater, I'm a realist.  I respect the hell out of Kobe and will be the first one to tell you that he's one of the all time greats.  But of course you guys aren't going to agree with me saying trade Kobe, that's your boy.

Ron has a lot of hear and I respect the hell out of him for that.

I just want Ron to win another ring since he sold his first one.

Kobe and MWP are the only two I want to see back next year.

Maybe Hill, and Sessions might work as a backup.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

You're not making any sense. He has two years left on his contract. In fact everyone comes off the books in 2014. So even if they do the go all in to maximize the most out of him, which they will do, LA is only on the hook for 2 seasons. Secondly, nobody would trade for him because he has 27 million to make next season and 30 in the last year, with the new CBA that's half the cap.
So you think after those 2 years when no contenders want Kobe, that he's going to let the Lakers not resign him?  He's going to be a Laker as long as he wants to play basketball, which will probably be longer than Jordan.

Mike Brown must go.  Has to.  No hard feelings, good try, just get the #!%# out.  He's pointless on this team. 

No Sloan, but a name to keep an eye on is Nate McMillan.  Not a fav of mine, but he's better than Brown I'd bet.  Course his offense would kill me. 

Too bad Monty Williams isn't available.  I would LOVE to have him.  Maybe there's an assistant out there we haven't heard about yet. 

Sessions, he played his first postseason, he had less then 2 months with the team, that's tough.  It's possible he could grow with a full year on the team, and then having a little more experience to draw on.  Don't give him billions, but if we get a decent deal, keep him.  (it's his option anyway, he may have hurt his value) 

I think Barnes is gone.  2 straight postseason no-shows.  In March he was on fire, then dead. 
tired.gif

I like Kobe/Drew/Pau/Sessions core in theory, but I think Pau is getting moved for more parts.  I don't see how it would change at this point. 

Drew for Dwight is back in play.  We could see it. 

Ebanks is gone, which is gonna piss me off.  What a waste. 

I thought Metta would be gone soon, but he showed a little this year.  If we keep him trim, he could be ok off the bench next year, it'd be nice if we could upgrade the SF starting spot. 

Blake is down to 2 years, 4 per.  Not swell, but there's worse. 

I think Hill deserves a second look.  Hope like hell that Goudelock works ALL SUMMER with Kobe. 

Kobe need to skip the Olympics.  He won't.  Needs to rest and chill.  He won't.  Oh well.  2 years of heavy money left on his deal, then we might get a cheap 2 year 10 mil deal or somethin.  2/12, somethin like that. 

I've wished for like 3 years to get Ray Allen in here, shooter, guy that can play for Kobe, and WITH Kobe when we move Kob to SF.  It won't happen. 

Pass on Nash.  No. 

No Billups, no Odom.  That don't make us younger. 

Ya know.....eh, won't happen.  Wish we could steal Hibbert + ____ (wing?) for Bynum.  But Bird isn't stupid. 

Dragic?  Wish we had a shot, but he's gonna be big money I think. 

Mo Will might be out there, but I know that dude in the postseason, no way.  I don't trust him. 

Bledsoe showed up, not sure he helps full time tho. 

We need to add speed, OKC is going to be even STRONGER next year.  As people built for beating us, we need to start building to beat them in the same manner. 

If Goude can help out, that's one extra shooter, then we need one more solid shooter.  If Sessions stays, I want him to work ALL YEAR shooting like Shannon Brown did.  Brown sucked, but he did improve that J, did he not?  We need that from Sess, and then at least a little bit more improvement on D. 

Beasley, eh.  Another Bynum in a way.  And I doubt he's smart enough to get along with Kobe, Kobe would see how dumb that kid is and flip out. 
laugh.gif

Lot of work to do ya'll.  Look forward to workin on the offseason and seein what we can come up with. 

Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Hill.. Bring those 4 back.

The last 6 players can be through trade (3-4 players from trading Bynum and Gasol), mini-MLE, and hope for luck on a vet minimum or two (I know who I want for vet min, but no one ever wants to play for vet minimum, no matter how much money they've made)..

Last 4-5 are all filling in the roster

I have always said that Bynum is a glorified role player. His post moves STILL SUCK. His attitude is worse.

I will be shocked if this the front office does anything radical. They should have traded Bynum this year.

I don't really trust in Jim Buss. All his moves so far have not been good and probably it will continue that way.

Lakers will be fine and Bynum did exactly what I needed him to do. Play well enough to raise his trade stock for more needed pieces. He played well enough for a player v player trade or just him for a couple of decent pieces or draft picks.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

In all honesty though, D-Will should be the 1st person looked at.

Yes.

Gasol is gone ASAP. I been tryna stick with Bynum because we drafted him and his potential but this dude just dont give one @%@#. Its funny, but we cant have that for somebody who's suppose to lead the team when Kobe is done. I Wouldnt be mad at a Dwight trade.  

Originally Posted by MR J 858

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Man I'm not even a hater, I'm a realist.  I respect the hell out of Kobe and will be the first one to tell you that he's one of the all time greats.  But of course you guys aren't going to agree with me saying trade Kobe, that's your boy.

Well I can be a self proclaimed "realists" too, so with me being real and all, I still say that makes no damn sense

Back
Top Bottom