New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

^Shut yo *** up, you were probably thinking that same slick **** when it came to any star coming here. Stay in your lane and worry about your team before you come here and talk about ours.
me? 
Nah, Knick dude above you. Sorry G 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Illmatiic

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

laugh.gif
at people downplaying this pickup. they didn't have to trade any of their pieces to get him. yeah he's old but still can play. it's a win now attitude face it.

That is a massive understatement. You don't lead the league in assists with average teamates (at best) at the age of 36/37/38 if all you can do is 'still play'. Nash averaged 10.7 assists last year, my guess-timation would be around the 12.5 per game this year playing 30 minutes. Nash takes care of his body and his conditioning excels. I don't see his minutes dipping below 30 minutes.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NO.

Originally Posted by ICY DEAD BENZ

Originally Posted by Illmatiic

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

laugh.gif
at people downplaying this pickup. they didn't have to trade any of their pieces to get him. yeah he's old but still can play. it's a win now attitude face it.

That is a massive understatement. You don't lead the league in assists with average teamates (at best) at the age of 36/37/38 if all you can do is 'still play'. Nash averaged 10.7 assists last year, my guess-timation would be around the 12.5 per game this year playing 30 minutes. Nash takes care of his body and his conditioning excels. I don't see his minutes dipping below 30 minutes.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NO.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

....because ye'know......having better weapons around you wouldn't help with the assists or anything
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Zodogg must have just killed himself after hearing this
laugh.gif

Someone check his twitter account
roll.gif
LOL that guy was comedy. Don't forget 3tripledouble too
roll.gif

Wait... what's Zodogg's Twitter? 
nerd.gif

The idea of Nash on the Lake Show is growing on me. No need to blow up the team anymore. Just need to get decent backups to the starters and we should do great this season.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Zodogg must have just killed himself after hearing this
laugh.gif

Someone check his twitter account
roll.gif
LOL that guy was comedy. Don't forget 3tripledouble too

Someone please provide me twitter updates for Zodogg

As of right now

Nash/Blake/Morris
Kobe/G-Lock
MWP/Ebanks
Pau/McRoberts
Bynum

G-Hill as a backup 3/4?

I want to see
Nash
Kobe
MWP
Pau
Dwight

bench: GHill, S-Blake, Ebanks....
Bench still needs a lot of help. 1 backup 2/3 and a backup big are a neccesity.

Zodogg is going off on Twitter.
laugh.gif

One of my first Tweets to him was..."You've gotta be pissed."

"@ZoDogg34 @TheMisterMarcus beyond mad"

roll.gif
frown.gif

I love it. Obviously, we get older...but we get better and definitely much smarter. We're trying to win now obviously with Kobe being done in 3 years or so. Let's go!

Jdiddy was also hilarious also.

Dude sent me a PM during the playoffs a few years back right after he got banned.

Saying something like "Hey holmes I hope your proud of yourself you just managed to get me banned"

And what made it even more funny was I didn't even report him. Some other NT'ers admitted to reporting him for his troll posts.

Man, I'm really happy with todays pickup in Nash. We didn't get younger, but we finally have a proven pg! I was starting to lose faith in our fo. But Mitch pulled it off. And we might not be done yet! Better times finally in LakerLand!!

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Nash? Grant Hill? R. Lewis? Jamison? What are we doing! Need to get younger not older

Agreed. Nash is nice but I would have went in another direction if I were LA.
Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

We got rid of fisher because he couldnt guard a chair and now we got Nash who cant guard his own shadow... dont get it.

We are not younger, more athletic, or better...

Teams will kill us with the P&R even more SMH

Yep.
Really, comparing Fisher to Nash? What Nash can't do on defense he makes up for on the offensive end. Sessions isn't any better of a defensive player than Nash is. Just cause Sessions is younger doesn't mean a damn thing, Nash is a better player in every aspect offensively.
roll.gif
at thinking the Lakers won't be a better team with Nash.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

As of right now

Nash/Blake/Morris
Kobe/G-Lock
MWP/Ebanks
Pau/McRoberts
Bynum

G-Hill as a backup 3/4?

I want to see
Nash
Kobe
MWP
Pau
Dwight

bench: GHill, S-Blake, Ebanks....
Bench still needs a lot of help. 1 backup 2/3 and a backup big are a neccesity.

Jordan Hill did fairly well backing up Bynum. You left him out. Nash's acquisition might make McRoberts worth something.

Jordan Hill would be a great backup, but I don't see the Lakers retaining him. Someone is gunna offer him 5 mil a year.

Zodogg on Twitter
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Saw a retweet: "Leave it to a Canadian to ruin my American Independence Day. cc: @SteveNash"

roll.gif

july 11'th can't come any sooner. this is a good start to the team getting better. Lakers don't need to get younger right now with their core players, that'll happen after kobe leaves. For now, Nash will definitely help with making it easier (I hope) for gasol and bynum on offense, as well as everybody else.  

What a glorious day! Nash>>>>>>>Sessions don't eem care about the defense. Defense was great for the majority of the season before Mike Brown started burning guys out and Metta got suspended. Offense was just atrocious to watch all the damn time which shouldn't be the case now. Kobe can just play SG and hopefully is working on his wide open jumpers this summer now cause he should get a ton of open looks. Can't double off Bynum or Pau now cause Nash is a dead-eye shooter. Great pickup for us and at a steal, two late 1st rd picks and two 2nd rounders. Mitch is a genius.

If he's somehow able to convince Dwight to come here we'll no doubt be back in the Finals next season, there will be no weaknesses for this team offensively and Dwight will help eliminate a lot of mishaps defensively. One more piece and it's going down Lakerfam.

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

^Shut yo *** up, you were probably thinking that same slick **** when it came to any star coming here. Stay in your lane and worry about your team before you come here and talk about ours.
me? 
Nah, Knick dude above you. Sorry G 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I was like im a laker fan 
All good bro 

Nash trade helps Pau the most imo. This is why I wanna see Dwight for Bynum trade happen already.
Bynum was our #1 scoring option down low last year and will be as long as he's on the Lakers...
With D12, I think Pau would return to being the #1 option down low. Then you can just rely on D12 for defense, cleaning up, and alley oops.
Pau would return to 20 points. Would be fine with Dwight getting like 15.

At the same time tho, we finally have a point guard that knows how to drop entry passes.
Imagine how much better Bynum could be.

Back
Top Bottom