New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

I haven't read through this thread since the trade went down. I've been fully celebrating the 4th/this signing.

BUT

I just wanna say. I was the first to bring the potential rumor of Nash to LA to this thread and a lot of y'all DID NOT BELIEVE ME

That is all.

GO LAKERS

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by Diaz

Aww c'mon man... now I gotta see my man Nash get swepped hahaha
eek.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Dave McMenamin @mcten37s
Pau or Bynum trade the next shoe to drop after Nash? Not so fast. Source tells me Lakers intend to keep core intact to play with Nash
Retweeted by sam_amick

Lakers will be better, but still won't beat OKC.

Please, do people forget already. The Lakers easily had at least 3 games on them until it came down to the final 3 minutes. We had a very good shot at beating them that series. People really underestimate how deadly a good a PG and Big man combo can be. Bynum had the best year of his career last year and he's only getting better from hear. And it will DEF help that you have one of the greatest PGs of all time who led the league in assists 5/8 past seasons

eek.gif
 Good news to wake up to!

I can't lie, my relationship with the Lakers has been scarred since the Shaq departure, but this move is nice.

Interested to see if two 17 year veterans can get a chip.

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

I'm cringing at a possible back court of steve blake and steve nash during games.

Expect teams to go on 10-0 runs till Potato head maybe calls a time out.

THIS!!
Come on Juice, Nash can make you a 6th man candidate QUICK

Considering we have 4-5 positions to fill (all on the bench).. I think it really is appropriate that a couple more trades need to be made..

As for Novak, not attainable. He has early bird rights, anything we offer, Knicks could easily match. And there is a lot of competition for him.

Putting The Steve Nash Trade Under The Microscope
Steve Nash will be a Laker.

It’s still sinking in so I just keep repeating it to myself. It rolls nicely off the tongue, I must admit.

The Lakers have added one of the marquee players at his position but with the deal there are variables to explore, questions that need to be asked and answered. And, so, lets get to it…

What Did It Cost?

The Lakers used their trade exception from the Lamar Odom trade to acquire Nash. Reports put his salary “in excess of $25 million

Originally Posted by goldenarmz97

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Nash? Grant Hill? R. Lewis? Jamison? What are we doing! Need to get younger not older

Agreed. Nash is nice but I would have went in another direction if I were LA.
Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

We got rid of fisher because he couldnt guard a chair and now we got Nash who cant guard his own shadow... dont get it.

We are not younger, more athletic, or better...

Teams will kill us with the P&R even more SMH

Yep.
The Lakers aren't better with Steve Nash? oh.

Of course they are better. I also said he would make the Knicks better too. Here is what I said earlier in the thread:

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Great points MR J. The Lakers definitely need to get younger, no question. I just think it would make the most sense to eventually find a big to turn the franchise over to. Cuz if you bring in any scoring wing or guard, I could see Kobe having a very hard time passing the torch - and the ball - to him.

Nash may not be a scoring guard. But he's someone who wll undoubtedly have the ball more than Kobe. And I just don't see Kobe being ok with letting his scoring stats slide too much. Really curious to see how Kobe reacts to that, the perceived notion that he is turning into a fading star.

I hope we give JJ Hickson & Mikael Pietrus looks. Also, I know the Lakers said they now want to keep the core intact, but if Pau ends up leaving, I hope we move him for Josh Smith & Anthony Morrow.

Can't wait to see Russy, CP3, a one-eyed TP and Ty Lawson drive right around Nash and dunk, layup and floater that slug Bynum to death.
30t6p3b.gif

Now if Dwight was in the paint....
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

A lineup of
Nash (38)
Kobe (34)
MWP (32)
Pau (31)
Bynum (24)
BENCH: Ebanks, Glock, DJO and TRASH

By game 60 their legs are going to be run into the ground AGAIN

If we are selling out for a year we need to complete the "sell out" with or without a longterm commitment from dwight

IMO we have to trade Pau and/or Bynum to add depth to our team. Trade could yield some serviceable bench players.

Pau and Blake FOR Williams,Webster, Ridnour or JJ and Brad Miller

Bynum, MWP and McBob FOR Dwight and Hedo

no way on earth do i was pietrus on tis squad. dude was an abomination for the celtics this year. absolutely horrible. he's a loooooong way from air france.

481971_10151019644965419_313746054_n.jpg

What would y'all think of doing a trade with ATL for JSmoove and Jeff Teague for Drew. 
Moneywise it works. Lakeshow gets more athletic and gets a serviceable scorer/backup for Nash.

Back
Top Bottom