New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Essential, I pray to God you are joking about Billups. 
indifferent.gif

That guy hasn't been good since 2005.  You want him EIGHT years later?  Coming off a season ending injury?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Jet, I see the angle, doubt we get him, but see the fit, makes some sense. 

Billups needs to get ALL THE WAY out of Staples, for either team.  DO, NOT, WANT. 

Mr Big Shot ain't hit a big shot in almost a decade, no thank you. 

Lol at saying no to trying to get Dwight Howard. And that he's a small upgrade to bynum please.

We have a coach that relies on pick n roll offense.
Something that bynum doesn't have in his game.
Howard flourishes on that offense. So I don't know how you can sit
There and say You would rather have bynum.
And you guys still want a good pg?
Not even rondo would avg 10 assist playing with Bynum and pau.

Double sign and trade with the Magic in the off-season. Magic get Bynum for 5 yr max, Lakers get Howard and give him a 3yr extension.

Lakers sign Deron Williams.
#Lakersridiculoustrades     #spoiled      
*goes back to the pipe dreaming* 

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251

Pau plays much better on the block... I want to keep Gasol and Kobe
Yeah, if he doesn't get pushed out of the block by a more physical big man. 

Pau would play a lot better as a true C, that's why he was so good w/ LO.
But still, I think his time as a Laker is up.

I could see J-Smith being traded for Pau, and he would be a good 3rd option if he's not shooting 20 foot fadeaways.

I would LOVE Pau for Iggy. Iggy as a 3rd option on Offense would be killer, he's always been one of my favorite players in the league.
The only problem is I think Philly wouldn't do it unless we took back Brand or something.

We don't need Iggy, Ron was doing just fine when he got back in shape.

The absolute first thing that needs to be addressed is Mike Brown. My feelings about him were documented the day he was hired, I don't think he commands the respect of anyone and just isn't a fit for this squad or really any that has Kobe on it. Make a decision on him and have a clear philosophy on how they want to have this team operate going forward.

^ + ^^ +^^^ et. al

I've seen some comments about moving Pau and Bynum. I think it's silly to move them, but this is going to be Mitch Kupchak's call. The WHOLE CORE is on the decline. Bynum will probably remain the corner stone, but think about what a full 82 games will do for his knees, even if training camp took place. Training camp doesn't prevent injuries at all.

Caliber players are constantly playing games, and training. Do you folks really think Kobe comes into training camp out of shape? Come on now. This is the work ethic some players have, that others don't.

The obvious thing I suggested was the most obvious thing ignored. The Lakers lack YOUTH DEVELOPMENT. You cannot just simply tweak and sign and bring in fresh faces every season. You need to draft and develop guys in a system!

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

We don't need Iggy, Ron was doing just fine when he got back in shape.

The absolute first thing that needs to be addressed is Mike Brown. My feelings about him were documented the day he was hired, I don't think he commands the respect of anyone and just isn't a fit for this squad or really any that has Kobe on it. Make a decision on him and have a clear philosophy on how they want to have this team operate going forward.

It's a tough one, because Mike Brown lacks the experience as a head coach.  But who knows.  I guess the question now is whether or not to give him another chance.

ALSO, LOLZ @ zoom in on MITCH KUPCHAK's FACE.  That's GIF WORTHY!

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

People need to ride out the mass hysteria and emotions and realize that radical roster moves are not favorable.

Pau Gasol is the most skilled and well rounded big man in the NBA. Andrew Bynum can have a bad attitude but he is a beast who can get 30 boards or 10 blocks. Kobe Bryant was able to almost win the scoring title despite having a busted shooting hand. MPW, after he lost weight that he gained while injured, played good and physical defense. Ramon Sessions is a great athlete who simply did not have time to adjust to brand new system in the middle of a compressed season.

We should stay with those five players, stay with Mike Brown and see how we do with a full training camp and a full season. We need to see how the core group of players play when they have an entrenched and coherent offensive and defensive system.

Obviously, we should welcome some change. If we could get Steve Nash on the cheap, we should embrace that. If we can pick up some athletic and/or physical role players, that would be great. What I do not want to see is management trading one or both of the seven footers so we can pick up a flashy perimeter player. Kobe plus an elite point guard plus a front line full of scrubs equals high scores and no rings.

Blowing up the roster might feel good and cathartic in July of 2012 but being patient and improving from within and winning a title in June of 2013 would feel much better.

Agreed.

LA has two options, try to tweak for a run year after year before they become a mid-lottery team, or start developing youth.

J.Hill is a break out player this year.  I think he's been great.

@podcenter NBA Today : Ryen Russillo ponders the future of the Lakers this... http://es.pn/LozwgL
A lot of discussion on the Lakers' problems, Kobe's relationship with Pau and Pau's trade value.

Edit:
For Lakers, becoming championship contenders again will be a tall order

An optimist might look at the Lakers-Thunder series and come away thinking about how close Los Angeles is to championship contention. The middle three games of Oklahoma City’s five-game win in the Western Conference semifinals were all close, and with better crunch-time execution, the Lakers could have won all three and be headed home for a chance to close the deal in Game 6.

But that’s the wrong way to look at things, and the Lakers know it internally. The other two games were Oklahoma City runaways, and mixing blowout losses with down-to-the-wire contests is no way to win a playoff series. Luck, fatigue and randomness will inevitably swing a crunch-time game or two against you, and given the taxing load that the Lakers’ three best players carried all season, fatigue surely played a role in late collapses during Game 2 and Game 4 — the latter forever known as the game in which Kobe Bryant went completely off the rails, and then threw a long-tenured champion teammate under the bus.

This team was never a real championship contender. The Lakers had the sixth-best point differential among Western Conference teams, and they just couldn’t function as an elite club on both ends of the floor. They struggled to score in the first half of the season, checking in as a league-average offense. The March trade for point guard Ramon Sessions goosed the offense, but the defense collapsed over the final 20 games, surrendering points at a rate that would have made it the NBA’s worst for the full season. Sessions, among the worst defenders in the league for his position, didn’t help, but he alone cannot explain a team playing top-10 level defense for half a season and then hemorrhaging points like the Bobcats for 20 games, plus the playoffs.

The Lakers were just never that good, and their top three pieces don’t mesh as well as they used to, given the lack of talent and outside shooting around them. According to NBA.com’s stats tool, the Lakers outscored opponents by only 2.8 points per 100 possessions with Bryant, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum on the floor together. That’s a very low number for a star-studded trio on a decent team. And when you scan the team’s lineup data, what jumps out is the fact that no combination of two, three or four players did much to transform the Lakers. Most teams have duos or trios that result in dramatically improved (or worsened) play on one or both ends of the floor, but the numbers for every relevant Lakers combination basically hover around the same “good but not good enough

So was magic Johnson right last year when he said blow this team up?

Because that's clearly what the lakers need to do now.

Mike needs to walk, I think. We're most likely going to give him another year, but I don't believe he'll get us anywhere. Andrew made it clear that he does not respect him, and Kobe's patience with him is temporary. The bigger issue is that there's no one you can really replace him with, unless Jim is going to make a 180 and pay Phil the money he was making last year (or probably even more). And even then I don't think Phil wants to come back to LA. He's probably interested in a fresh scene.

Outside of that, I would say that trading Gasol is the personnel move that will for sure be made. I wonder if the Lakers will seek PG help and let Ramon walk, or develop the middle further.

Trade Bynum and whatever for Dwight. Trade gasol for cap space and picks. Amnesty Kobe. Throw all your money at James harden

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Here was the exact quote:

Kobe Bryant: "I’m not fading into the shadows. I’m not going anywhere. We’re not going anywhere...I’m not going for that $#!+."

The expletive being poops.
Speaking like a true champ
pimp.gif

I still can't believe Bynum's serious interview with Craig Saeger talkin bout "We're going fishing"  
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

this dude bynum i swear

Back
Top Bottom