New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
we need a impact LB in the middle, Landon would be a good #2 guy or backup - the guy from cincy Beavers was on target to win starting job until he got hurt. they liked him a lot.....him back with good free agent pick up and KT & Azeez on the outside rushing

giants taking care of DJ and hopefully barkley and likely dex and love doesnt leave much $ for free agent it seems - G LB WR are biggest needs followed by CB and 9 more WRs

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn’t mind using the first round pick on a trade for someone like Higgins. But I’m worried about the the contract he may command and the cap. Wouldn’t mind using a day two pick on a guy like DHop but also drafting another receiver earlier and really putting that group together.

what's the most you would pay for DJ? seems like the consensus is if he wants over 35M/yr then franchise tag him, draft a QB and then decide what to do with the QB spot at the end of next year.

i'm not that concerned with the dollars - more concerned with ability to sign players around DJ this year.....if we tag him at 33M it hurts that ability..... if he gets in the 35-42M a year range his cap number will def be lower than 33M....might be in the 18-22M range

look at the contract the radiers gave carr a year ago 3 years 121M. his cap number for 22 was 19M and they were able to cut him after 1 year and save 30M on the cap this year - great

for me that type of deal is better than the tag and worth keeping DJ - i'm not keen on giving him a 4 or 5 year deal.

Carr type contract $ > Tag

I haven’t seen the consensus was tag him and drafts a QB if that’s what he wants. Seems counterproductive when that pick could go to building around him.

I haven’t seen the consensus was tag him and drafts a QB if that’s what he wants. Seems counterproductive when that pick could go to building around him.
but how can you build around him if the giants have ~50M in cap space and he wants 45M/yr. very little wiggle room for the management.

He had one good year and is commanding that type of salary smh… I want to keep DJ but not with that big contract

but how can you build around him if the giants have ~50M in cap space and he wants 45M/yr. very little wiggle room for the management.
Did you not read this?
i'm not that concerned with the dollars - more concerned with ability to sign players around DJ this year.....if we tag him at 33M it hurts that ability..... if he gets in the 35-42M a year range his cap number will def be lower than 33M....might be in the 18-22M range

look at the contract the radiers gave carr a year ago 3 years 121M. his cap number for 22 was 19M and they were able to cut him after 1 year and save 30M on the cap this year - great

for me that type of deal is better than the tag and worth keeping DJ - i'm not keen on giving him a 4 or 5 year deal.

Carr type contract $ > Tag

45 mil isn’t going to be the number he ends up with in the end. If he does, it’s with someone else, but he’ll be tagged before that happens. Would just have to workout a deal where the annual cap hit is lower. Can absolutely happen.

He had one good year and is commanding that type of salary smh… I want to keep DJ but not with that big contract

the word is the rumor came from his former agent.....I highly doubt he gets a deal 45M a year - if he does it will be a carr like deal - which isnt so bad if its easy to get out of and first year the cap hit will likely be in the 22M range for 2023 rather than tag hit of 33M.....big difference

giants have a lot of leverage thanks to this franchise tag(something the players should have gotten rid of) they can easily tag him - work out QBs, draft a QB and then rescind the tag after the draft making him a free agent - thats why DJ and his camp have to tread lightly - do 3 year deal and earn that real big money deal in 2 years when the cap is way bigger

these contracts are all crazy and all over the place - the main thing is not give a deal we can't get out of easily -

i'd be really disappointed in all parties if week one DJ is a tagged QB

Last edited:
Danny Dimes! Glad to have him back(are you shocked?!) and seems like a deal we can get out of after 2024 with no pain (IF NEEDED)

Daboll and Joe made this decision - NOT MARA - these guys saw DJ day in and DAY out if they didnt like him, didnt trust him, didnt think he had ability to perform at a high level he would NOT be on this team - now he has another camp to master this offense and with some talent will be rolling next year - i'm sure dabes goal is to get to that mid 20s range of Points Per GAME - we will get there.....

so glad we didnt do the tag - 32M if tagged - now we have DJ back counting only for 19M for 2023 barkley another 10M and rookie class about 3M - DJ - Barkley and rookie class for 32M - amazing

Lets get some talent - guard and LB signings would be great - always good players if you willing to spend in that 8M-10M range

WR in draft and maybe just maybe we can get OBJ on a one year bargain deal :smile:

having a highly paid RB doesnt work blah blah blah - I hear ya but its not like we have AJ Brown and Smith at WR - we need players that keep D coordinators up at night

LETS GO!!!

back to barkley - signing him to a 4 year deal - the pay of RBs is so low and cap going up so much over the next 4 years - its a certainly that his deal/cap # each year will never exceed 4% of the total cap - point - its peanuts, especially since we are not spending real money at WR/TE

Last edited:
Details on the #Giants deal for QB Daniel Jones:
-- 4 years
-- $160M
-- $35M more in incentives
-- $82M over the first two years
-- $94M virtually guaranteed at signing.
-- First-year cap number around $19M.

I'm curious about the incentives - assuming playing time and pro bowl

25th pick in draft - in these early mocks Jaxon is going as early as 12 to 20 - trading up to 20 if he by CHANCE slipped would be a good get

Yea these receivers aren’t big a project more slot, which is what Wandale is. Wouldn’t be against using the first and Trading for a wideout wanting out and trying to lock him up.

I can live with the contract. It'll age well and if he continues to improve I'll be happy.

100% LouLou - Kafka first year calling plays in a system that is different then the Chiefs....how much? no idea....but everything was new for everyone - now 2nd offseason for all.....lets get it.....

IMG_3578.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom