NEW YORK METS 2016 SEASON THREAD

Seems like Sandy still doesn't value Cespedes as much as the fan base which is a big reason why I've been pessimistic that he returns. Offer him 4 years and 100 mill. If he gets more elsewhere, all the power to him. Mets will probably not go further than 4/100 which is ok with me.

Seems like Sandy still doesn't value Cespedes as much as the fan base which is a big reason why I've been pessimistic that he returns. Offer him 4 years and 100 mill. If he gets more elsewhere, all the power to him. Mets will probably not go further than 4/100 which is ok with me.
If the Mets are serious about contending, they have to eat the fifth year.

Going after Fowler along with flipping Jay Bruce is something I've seen suggested among the Mets beat writers. Move Conforto to RF as Granderson is open to playing CF. Could also be worth moving Conforto to 1B and flipping Duda.

For all the pessimism I had on this, so glad we signed Yo back!!! He is the biggest part of our lineup. Now, let's see a full season with our young pitchers all healthy.

LGM!!!!

So relieved to see the deal done before December starts

Now it's time to fill out our weakness

#METSin2017

He's not a good player. Has spent his entire career in a bandbox, has inflated numbers and is the epitome of streakiness. We don't need him.

isn't that more reason to keep him since we have cespedes now.  and his value dipped so get him hitting again before trading him.   would hate to give up potential 30hr, 90 rbis

You can't keep him because of outfield defense being an issue and stumping the growth of conforto. Bruce isn't a real slugger he's easily replaceable. Trade him and fill another hole by doing so rather than having a logjam.

Back
Top Bottom