News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Interesting, so he is signed for A2 and A3.

Under the two-picture agreement, Downey will star as Tony Stark/Iron Man in “Marvel’s The Avengers 2” and “Marvel’s The Avengers 3.”

That means there won't be an IM4 in between A2 and A3? I mean they can't recast a different Stark for IM4 just to see RDJ in A3 again. Makes me wonder how close the release date between A2 & A3 is.

Also hard to believe Marvel/Disney isn't going to milk an IM4 film between A2 & A3 considering that IM3 has made $1.2B worlwide now and 5th of all time globally and still climbing.

Interesting, so he is signed for A2 and A3.

That means there won't be an IM4 in between A2 and A3? I mean they can't recast a different Stark for IM4 just to see RDJ in A3 again. Makes me wonder how close the release date between A2 & A3 is.

Also hard to believe Marvel/Disney isn't going to milk an IM4 film between A2 & A3 considering that IM3 has made $1.2B worlwide now and 5th of all time globally and still climbing.

Must be his terms for the contract. Coz I get what you're saying that Marvel let's that type of Money slide from them.

Last edited:
They probably gonna wait, see what happens with these other franchises in the next 2-3 years, try to get one to do it's best and possibly be a replacement and then kill Iron Man in Avengers 3. Then when they want IM back recast him.

If another franchise doesn't make a comparable impact they might take time off to recharge and really work harder to build that world instead of just one guy. Such a shame they don't have Spider-Man or Wolverine. I don't see much success pushing Cap so they'd have to work to make the things around him more of a draw.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine how much money he just made :lol:

I'm curious if there are any other actor that has made as much as him in a single film w/o having a producer role?

I mean he made $50m in Avengers and probably another $50m with IM3, which could be more since he is alone on this one and still made a billion dollars. I actually haven't seen a report on how much he made for IM3 so far. If I were him, I really wouldn't even bother for less than $75-$100mil a film, most of the money he makes is on the back end anyways so how much he earns is based on how the movie does in the box office.

I know it's a thread for films but what y'all's thoughts on this?
Heard there will not be any of the classic villians. :smh:

late pass if needed

I know it's a thread for films but what y'all's thoughts on this?
Heard there will not be any of the classic villians. :smh:

late pass if needed
i think it has potential but no classic villains? :rolleyes :smh: c'mon i liked the batman cartoon awhile back on wb. i liked how they revamped the villains, joker with dreads was that dude.

Last edited:
It will suck IMO but its cartoon network so thats why

Young Justice was in CN and I thought that is one of the best animated series ever made despite it's short existence. I could see why it would not appeal to Saturday Morning Kids line-ups but it would have been perfect in a Toonami line-up.

Last edited:
It will suck IMO but its cartoon network so thats why

Young Justice was in CN and I thought that is one of the best animated series ever made despite it's short existence. I could see why it would not appeal to Saturday Morning Kids line-ups but it would have been perfect in a Toonami line-up.

man dont get me started about my beloved YJ

could have been the greatest comic book cartoon but it was cut short |I

******* CN!!! >: >: >:

Last edited:
how on earth are they trying to make a man of steel sequel that fast? 2014 is just a year away...

man dont get me started about my beloved YJ

could have been the greatest comic book cartoon but it was cut short |I

******* CN!!! >: >: >:

Still can't figure out why they cut YJ. So much potential.

Last edited:

This is huge news for the future of DC films but I tried looking it up and her report isn't accurate. Seems like Robinov hasn't quit yet since he is still owed millions if he stays until his contract expires. So WB is looking for a settlement then he can go but he certainly isn't leaving until WB gives him the boot and pays him his due (aka millions).

However, Robinov has not resigned his post as president of Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group, as reported by several news outlets on Thursday. Nor is he expected to quit since that would preclude him from getting a multi-million dollar settlement on his contract, which expires at the end of 2014, plus an additional severance package. If he gets pushed out as his former colleague, Warner Bros. Television Group chief Bruce Rosenblum, did last month, he would then be entitled to collect what’s owed him.

As of late Thursday, there were no settlement talks between Warner Bros. or its parent company Time Warner and Robinov’s legal team.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/jeff-robinov-has-not-quit-warner-bros-1200500338/

Man, DC/WB should be thinking/planning this far ahead:

Disney Dates a New Mystery Marvel Studios Film

Just a week after Walt Disney Pictures and Marvel Studios revealed release dates for two mystery projects in 2016 and 2017, a new update has set a third mystery Marvel film for release on July 8, 2016.

This past May saw the release of Iron Man 3 and the official launch of "Phase Two" of the ongoing Marvel Cinematic Universe. On November 8, the universe continues with Thor: The Dark World and, in 2014, we'll get Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4 and Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1. Marvel's The Avengers 2 then concludes Phase Two on May 1, 2015 with "Phase Three" launching later that year when Ant-Man hits theaters November 6.

The current 2016 lineup calls for the first mystery Marvel entry on May 6 with the just announced project following two months later. A third unknown Marvel project has already been targeted for May 5, 2017.

It has been hinted in the past that Marvel has plans for new characters in Phase Three like Doctor Strange and The Black Panther. Either of those could take on these future release dates as could a Marvel's The Avengers 3 (likely for 2017), another sequel to an existing film or even a completely new surprise. Only time will tell, so check back for updates as they become available.

Phase 2:

IM3: May 3, 2013
Thor 2: Nov 11, 2013
CA2: Apr 4, 2014
GotG: Aug 1, 2014
A2: May 1, 2015

Phase 3:

AntMan: Nov 6, 2015
???: May 6, 2016
???: Jul 28, 2016
???: May 5, 2017

I'm getting hypes just looking at the possibilities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom