News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

the thing is the captain america 90's movie has better acting then the modern one IMO. but like you say it's subjective. had the captain america movie of 1990 been acquired with the technology they have today it probably would have been better.

You not ******g serious are you? :rofl:

i'm underestimating it, i'm just expecting more. why not hire the best actors out there? that's what nolan has done. that's why it's substance. not quantity over quality. that's what i don't understand. they are jumping bumping stuff out there as soon as possible instead of actually creating quality.

You've had Robert Downey Jr, Guy Pierce, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley, Anthony Hopkins, Sam Jackson, Tom Hiddleston, Mark Ruffalo, Tim Roth, John Hurt, Edward Norton, Jeremey Renner, Stellen Skarsgard, Idris Elba, Stanely Tucci, Sam Rockwell, Toby Jones, Natalie Portman, Gwenth Paltrow, Tommy Lee Jones, Hugo Weaving and Jeff Bridges in all of the last marvel movies, who the hell else do you want? :lol:

You not ******g serious are you? :rofl:
You've had Robert Downey Jr, Guy Pierce, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley, Anthony Hopkins, Sam Jackson, Tom Hiddleston, Mark Ruffalo, Tim Roth, John Hurt, Edward Norton, Jeremey Renner, Stellen Skarsgard, Idris Elba, Stanely Tucci, Sam Rockwell, Toby Jones, Natalie Portman, Gwenth Paltrow, Tommy Lee Jones, Hugo Weaving and Jeff Bridges in all of the last marvel movies, who the hell else do you want? :lol:

the thing is those actors get those jobs from reputation. i'm sure there are more undiscovered actors who much better. also, just because those actors have good skills it doesn't always translate into comic book movies, unless you want generic/regular acting with a recognizable face.

Last edited:

Always get a kick out of Ryda in these kind of threads :lol: His sig should just be that Jacksonville Jaguars fan gif.

Right Cause Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Heath Ledger, Liam Neeson and Aaron Eckhart were nobody until Nolan discovered them...

You nitpicking just for the sake of doing it. You want A-list actors that no ones ever seen before. :lol:

Oh and Chris Hemsworth wasn't **** until Thor does that not count?

Last edited:
Right Cause Michael Caine, Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Heath Ledger, Liam Neeson and Aaron Eckhart were nobody until Nolan discovered them...

You nitpicking just for the sake of doing it. You want A-list actors that no ones ever seen before. :lol:

Oh and Liams Hensworth wasn't **** until Thor does that not count?

yeah but at least the cast of TDK actually translated into comic book realm. because TDK is more dark. while marvel is glitzy. you mentioned sam jackson, you think he is a very good nick fury? hasselhoff was better and that's saying a lot.

:rofl:

Dudes just trollin now. This is is in no way better than Sam Jack.

Last edited:
Yes and it was ok back then, it is not that good now.

Have you seen it recently? Because I swear I just saw that film just for the heck of it a month or two ago.

you think sam jackson nick fury will stand the test of time?

Yes I do, not just because Sam Jack is a better actor but the film is also more modern. It's not really the films fault because it is just made in different generations and the dialogue back in the day tend to feel cheesy today. It is still not a very good film though.

Sam as Nick is good, he pulls it off well. I see no terrible acting here at all, nothing cheesy about it either. It's just Sam Jack being a bad muthaf'er that he is. It works.

that's the obvious.i'll continue to take my stand against this trash, and you can continue to vouch for the movies

Not to say the acting was bad because it was not bad at all

...but its the Avengers. Why are you guys talking about the acting?

Not to say the acting was bad because it was not bad at all

...but its the Avengers. Why are you guys talking about the acting?

I hear ya. But this gump is talking about Avengers and the marvel movies have terrible actors and guys like RDJ and Sam Jackson are inferior to David Hasslehof. I just trying to figure out what the hell he's looking for

i'm underestimating it, i'm just expecting more. why not hire the best actors out there? that's what nolan has done. that's why it's substance. not quantity over quality. that's what i don't understand. they are jumping bumping stuff out there as soon as possible instead of actually creating quality.

It doesn't matter if you hire the best actors and don't use them well. To this day Bale has been the most criminally underused great actor in such an acclaimed movie trilogy. You got Cain basically giving the most consistent and better performances in all 3 movies with Ledger having the best. What Nolan did was way more plot driven than character driven. Anyone could've been his Bruce Wayne. Same goes for the supporting characters he threw in there for the 3rd installment.

But if you really think Hasselhoff was a better Nick Fury than Sam Jackson it's clear this isn't going anywhere. I would say you just using hyperbole to show how bias you want to be about your point but I think you really believe what you said.

EDIT

Yeah after reading that last pg I'm just gonna have to assume despite you claiming you want better acting in these movies you just have bad taste in what good and/or great acting actually is :lol: Asks that the movies have the best actors, sees list of great actors, asks for unknown great actors :smh:

I bet if they remade Street Fighter and Tom Hardy was Guile you'd be talking about the great job Jean Claude Van Damme did and how much Hardy sucked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom