News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

the movie had me hooked, once they threw that curveball with Mandarin i wanted to walk out....the movie sucked balls from that point on...

Kinda wish the after credit stinger for im3 was the real mandarin popping up. Basically showing that he planning for a fake to be caught so he could fly under the radar for a little while but w/e

Of course the mandarin would have be played by someone else in that stinger that we wouldn't have known about

nothing must get in the way of VII.

Zac Efron will. :lol:

I think I remember you and I discussing Hayden being Darth Vader and you were defending him while I thought he was simply a terrible actor, even worse than Tatum. Just curious but do you still like that casting to this day? Back then I didn't know you were a big Star Wars fan though so you might have been more forgiving the way I am more forgiving with Superman films.

Have you ever seen Shattered Glass? That movie alone keeps my belief that he "could" have excelled as Anakin. My bottom line is Lucas screwed them ALL over.

McGregor, Portman, Sam were all worthless for two movies with his ******** writing. Once the story got better in III they all had much better performances. Funny how that works. :lol:

Lucas blew the story, flat out. We should not have had 2.90 films of Anakin age 8, 18 and 22-23. So damn pointless.

He should have started at 18, Yoda, Ben, Anakin. Cause problem, enter Palpatine, Clone Wars, Anakin turns, Vader hunts Jedi.

Boom, epic hard ons for everybody. But no, Lucas wanted 8 year old Vader, and 10 year old Boba Fett. ******g idiot.

IMO John Hamm would be the perfect Lex

Still my pick for Bats (but it looks like he's busy with Almost Human)

nothing must get in the way of VII.

Zac Efron will. :lol:

I think I remember you and I discussing Hayden being Darth Vader and you were defending him while I thought he was simply a terrible actor, even worse than Tatum. Just curious but do you still like that casting to this day? Back then I didn't know you were a big Star Wars fan though so you might have been more forgiving the way I am more forgiving with Superman films.

Have you ever seen Shattered Glass? That movie alone keeps my belief that he "could" have excelled as Anakin. My bottom line is Lucas screwed them ALL over.

McGregor, Portman, Sam were all worthless for two movies with his ******** writing. Once the story got better in III they all had much better performances. Funny how that works. :lol:

Lucas blew the story, flat out. We should not have had 2.90 films of Anakin age 8, 18 and 22-23. So damn pointless.

He should have started at 18, Yoda, Ben, Anakin. Cause problem, enter Palpatine, Clone Wars, Anakin turns, Vader hunts Jedi.

Boom, epic hard ons for everybody. But no, Lucas wanted 8 year old Vader, and 10 year old Boba Fett. ******g idiot.

I think you asked me the same thing before about the same movie, I still haven't seen it but in all these years, he hasn't really shown anything he has been good at. He has actually vanished now.

I get what you are saying though but I do think that he could have broken out and really shine as Anakin since the whole story wasn't very good to begin with, the spotlight was there for him to take.

How? How do you take it over rolling around in a field of flowers playing dead? Darth God damn Vader. :lol:

If you look, he's much better in Sith, than Clones. (Better material).

Now, he may not be the best, yes, I get that. Johnny Depp would "take" a crap movie and make it his, I see that, Hayden was not that level. But he shouldn't have had to be. We didn't need (or want) a teenage Vader.

You realize how TERRIBLE Liam Neeson was in Phantom? He was more Jedi in Batman Begins than he was in Star Wars. That right there gives Hayden a pass imo. If Liam can't thrive, how can Hayden?

How? By giving a convincing performance or at least believable delivery. Honestly, none of his lines were believable even in the 3rd film. I just couldn't take him seriously, he wasn't likable in the 2nd (when he was suppose to be) and he wasn't menacing in the 3rd. I honestly did not even find him believable in the 3rd film, where you believe everyone else shined, I don't see it.

I think we are looking at the films in different perspectives though, you've read the books and know some back story. I didn't and just saw the film for what it is. This is somewhat evident by bringing up a lot of the plot points and scenes that shouldn't have been used and I get it, you feel that way because you know what happened in the books. I feel the same way with Mandarin in IM3. It isn't a great film with mediocre performances but Hayden was definitely one of the worst of the franchise and only beaten by Jarjar. While in IM3, I hated what they did with Mandarin but I thought Kingsley did an amazing job and if he wasn't called Mandarin, he would have been a good villain/decoy. And that is what I meant, the film could suck and stray away from the material but if the actor is good enough then they can make the performance better, Hayden simply didn't.

I just think you are giving Hayden too much of a pass because the film was terrible but I think he contributed plenty in the destruction of the franchise. He wasn't believable. I mean put any good actor and he can make these deliveries way, way better and this is from the 3rd film where he really could have excelled and you feel the film the best of the trilogy but he was still bad.

Oh and trust me, I am not giving Lucas pass on any of these at all, he was the main problem for sure.

Last edited:

I thought it should have been part 2 as part 1. then what they did with the clone wars cartoon as part two. then revenge of the sith.

all that bull **** with that little tard and seeing a gredo jr looking mofo was ******ed

How? By giving a convincing performance or at least believable delivery. Honestly, none of his lines were believable even in the 3rd film. I just couldn't take him seriously, he wasn't likable in the 2nd (when he was suppose to be) and he wasn't menacing in the 3rd. I honestly did not even find him believable in the 3rd film, where you believe everyone else shined, I don't see it.

I think we are looking at the films in different perspectives though, you've read the books and know some back story. I didn't and just saw the film for what it is. This is somewhat evident by bringing up a lot of the plot points and scenes that shouldn't have been used and I get it, you feel that way because you know what happened in the books. I feel the same way with Mandarin in IM3. It isn't a great film with mediocre performances but Hayden was definitely one of the worst of the franchise and only beaten by Jarjar. While in IM3, I hated what they did with Mandarin but I thought Kingsley did an amazing job and if he wasn't called Mandarin, he would have been a good villain/decoy. And that is what I meant, the film could suck and stray away from the material but if the actor is good enough then they can make the performance better, Hayden simply didn't.

I just think you are giving Hayden too much of a pass because the film was terrible but I think he contributed plenty in the destruction of the franchise. He wasn't believable. I mean put any good actor and he can make these deliveries way, way better and this is from the 3rd film where he really could have excelled and you feel the film the best of the trilogy but he was still bad.

Oh and trust me, I am not giving Lucas pass on any of these at all, he was the main problem for sure.

yea hayden sucked. he was a whiny little ***** and subpar actor

HOWEVER mark hamil wasnt that great in the original either lol

he could have gotten a pass if the story was better

Please god no.

we are dealing with disney here lol

prepare for the worst

miley cyrus, ryan gosling, zac effron, willow and jaden smith, as the new jedi generation kerri russel and the rock co starring with cameos by nick cage, mickey mouse and donald duck ala kingdom hearts :rofl:

lol i cannot wait for disney to ruin my childhood memories :lol:

Disney didn't really ruin any of the Marvel movies they have rights to by doing **** like that though. They are a conglomerate and for a reason. There go to move isn't to throw in preteen sensations from their kid networks. They bought all of Lucasfilm didn't they? So I expect them to still operate as such just under the Disney umbrella. Any perceived bad choices should be credited to the director, producers, etc. Look at all of the great films that have come out under Touchstone all green lit by Disney.

i dunno man.... they might try to get the current kids and young teen audience to view star wars as a big thing. since there is a huge gap between the first two trilogies to now. so they might branch out and get actors that appeal to them. they spent a ton of money for the franchise

i hope to god they get no name actors or chloe moretz

Kids still love Star Wars right now, though.

My little cousins go nuts for Star Wars without any young teen stars in the roles.

Last edited:
It's why I want the books used in some capacity. You guys have no idea, if they use them even 50%ish, EPIC **** will come of it. Hopefully, they will. We'll see.

RFX, when I get to work I'll go thru your last Hayden post. I see some of what you're sayin.

Good example of the Mandarin first off. Messed up character, but solid performance. But are you being fair to Hayden to compare him to Ben Kingsley? :lol:
And fact of the matter is, when we didn't know he was a joke, and he WAS the Mandarin we thought we were getting, those scenes are impressive. The writing was solid, the tone was set. He was ominous, evil, you were soaking in what he "might" be. Ben just fed off that. Once he became a Third Stooge, then he just acted like he was another character in another movie essentially. Good for Ben, that's not what Hayden was allowed.

For Sith (and Clones/Phantom) I'm not using the books as a guide for what I expected. I go only off Episode IV. Ben and Luke talking in Ben's cave. Anakin was betrayed by Darth Vader, and Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi. Later we find out Anakin IS Vader. We hear about Clone Wars, and Ben fought in them. Just from the OG movies, that's what we know, grew up knowing actually.

Is that what we got? **** no. Anakin comes into Sith a hero. A Jedi hero. He wants to be with his wife, have a baby, save innocent lives, etc etc. 20 minutes later, he's slaughtering ******g kids. :stoneface:
I can't ever sit in a room with Lucas, I would freaking beat him senseless. One of the greatest story arcs ever conceived, that's what he gave us.

It gets better. Samuel L Jackson, tremendous Jedi Master. Truly great. Finds out a Sith is running the galaxy. Needs to stop him. Has an entire clone army, and hundreds of Jedi under his thumb. Shows up to face said Sith with 3 random Jedi. :stoneface: Those 3 were dead in seven seconds. :smh:

********. All of it. Failure on George's part to live up to the story he himself created in ep IV. For that, Hayden and everyone else really were already way too far behind the 8 ball. As I pointed out, he ruined Liam Neeson. He muted Ewan McGregor. Natalie Portman was meh. Samuel L. How can you hold Hayden accountable for not stepping up if THOSE actors were lost under George's garbage? That ain't on Hayden man.

As I said, Shattered Glass showed me he can do work with the right material. Watch that movie, you couldn't convince me he wasn't that man in real life. He portrayed a real person brilliantly. Stuttering, stammering, whimpering, weak, frail, he was everything in that film. He nailed it. But it was well written. Clones and Sith were not close.

What I was talking about about what we COULD have seen, or should have been given, isn't from the books. Just the originals and what they mention thru that trilogy. We should have started with Phantom being about a new Darth Maul character (easily the best thing George did in the prequels) and had Anakin be 18 or so, ala Luke, and already know Ben, Yoda, etc. Introduce Padme/Amidala, and go forth. Show Anakin teetering on good v bad. Things that show you what's to come.
Clones should have been Anakin already wavering, being seduced, an issue with his girl, separated, turns to Vader, and attack the Jedi we go. Clone Wars have begun.
Sith comes thru with Vader hunting down and killing Jedi after Jedi, twins are born, hidden, Yoda and Ben go off into hiding.

That story, the way it should have been done, would have been epic. Truly, epic. George went for kids. When all the kids already loved an older Luke. An older, cooler Han. And most importantly, they loved Vader. Yet he went little boy on us. :smh:
Jesus, the two most powerful Sith, fought each Jedi, Yoda, and Ben, and they were the two that survived. :lol: What kinda ****** ******** is that? The only ones that succeeded were the mindless Clone stormtroopers, they slaughtered Jedi after Jedi within 10 minutes. ****. :lol:

The scenes you showed were tough. But no way to "act" those into being better. The dialogue sucked. The best scenes, the ones that were perfect, were when he went to kill the Viceroys and used nothing but an evil look to show you what was happening to him. Introduce Padme, and he falls apart, cuz that's the substance he's given. Hell, VADER sucked when he asks, "where's....Padme?" And then shouts Noooooooooooooo, man, Darth Vader looked like a damn fool. :smh: James Earl Jones couldn't save that ****.

If you ever find Shattered Glass, let me know. Certainly in the next few months, leaks will begin dropping, teasers, castings, etc. We'll have a ton of time to revist all the mistakes. Hayden will never be seen as a young DeNiro, no doubt, but I can't blame him for anything that went wrong in the prequels.

^ ^ ^
I get what you are saying but he still doesn't get a pass to me just because Lucas butchered those prequels, he was just bad and him not being anything of relevance in the past 3-4 years is a testament to his talent or lack thereof. If he was any better, he'd still get some starring roles. I just don't know, he was terrible in Jumper (and I actually liked that film and it's concept) and he wasn't any better on Vanishing on the 7th and Takers. Just look at what he did in the film, his performance. It's like Hugh Jackman in the Xfilms, he isn't getting the real Wolverine treatment from the comics but he does his thing despite what some people thought as terrible material but he is still the quintessential Logan and he made what was given to him and I really think he is great.

And as terrible as the lines on those clips are, it isn't anything like saying "bub!" on the big screen, those are just regular lines that others could easily deliver. I mean in the second clip where he says "you turned her against me", I am not sure if he was asking a question or stating a fact.

Also, a few scenes from the DOFP SDCC trailer are leaked, please post here if you find them. I missed it, Fox already took it down.

Really not sure why these companies doesn't just release these clips, it's not like people would skip SDCC if they know they'll get to see the clip a few weeks afterwards.

That would be a good choice, I think his role in KickA** was already close to Luthor in a way. And yeah that new AMC show looks good/intriguing.

I wouldn't mind Michael C Hall as Luthor either, watching Dexter this past weekend made me think he would make a good comic book villain. He kind of has that Joker-esque or Riddler-esque look on his face already.

Last edited:
^ Michael C Hall would be an awesome choice for Joker. I can also see him in the Black Mask role.

Back
Top Bottom