News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

At the end of the day, it is simple and entertaining enough to watch I guess. Nostalgia might come into play too but mostly, franchise with a name sells.

I mean Transformers 3 made a billion too and I could imagine people just watch it for the robots and action.

I think as long as the franchise starts out strong, first Pirates was really good, same with Transformers (1 was good and made sense :lol: ), Die Hard, Terminator, etc... then you can ride that wave as long as the film isn't too terrible that it scores a 1% on RT.

Transformers 3 was pretty fun to watch. Them pirate movies made soo much money they would be stupid not to milk it for all it's worth.

:wink:

I know that's part of it too (the lack of script) but they also have to know they have 2015 covered, and honestly, I don't even know why 5 is getting done. The last 3 have really lacked what the first one had.
Nonsense. The first 3 were really good. On Stranger Tides was the odd one out that just didn't gel. With Bloom and Knightley dipping should've been more adventure with Jack instead of diving in to Blackbeard and his daughter. They thought they could get by with another pretty face.

Last edited:
You really can't underestimate the broad appeal of that kind of movie. Kids like it, teenagers would go see it, older adults who aren't interested in aliens/comic books/whatever would see it, etc. Some people just flatout won't see any kind of superhero movie, regardless of the quality... Some might not care for big budget blockbusters with over the top CGI, but they'd see Pirates. You can take the whole family to see it as well.

I know, I've seen them all. The first one multiple multiple times, the next 3 were one and dones.

They were not very good, at all. Even Depp lost his luster. Iono, maybe I'm too hard on it. I was really lookin forward to them, the first one blew me away, and the next just didn't stay with me I guess.

Hmm I really enjoyed On Stranger Tides because of the Fountain of Youth and Blackbeard. Nice touch they did by placing the skeleton in the bedroom just like in the ride.

Simple as this:

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl = $654,264,015
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest = $1,066,179,725
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End = $963,420,425
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides = $1,043,871,802

Total : $3,727,735,967

And that is before merchandising, dvd/bluray sales, licensing, etc....
The first three were long winded imo. I really liked the 4th so I am excited for the 5th. Wonder where they are going to go with it

Yeah, I know the money comes in, but why are people paying for those? :lol:

It's the same reason for Die Hard 5, Terminator 5, Rocky 11, Rambo 4, etc. I just can't believe people are still buying that stuff.

You forgot the Star Wars Franchise. All those terrible movies are still better than anything that has come out of Star Wars cinematic universe. Granted I haven't watched most of them but the bar isn't high at all.

Any one Pirates movie is better than the entire Star Wars Franchise.

Last edited:
I meant I havent watched most of those terrible movies you listed.

I watched enough star wars to make my decision.

Star Wars franchise is garbage. Those terrible video games they spew out are better than the movies.

Dude really kept actin like he knew what he was talkin about. :lol: I feel bad for him. He has no idea how much he owes to the Star Wars franchise. :smh:

Unused Wolverine costume for The Wolverine.

Grant Gustin Signs Up To Play THE FLASH

2849902847829094.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter confirms that it will be Grant Gustin who brings Barry Allen to life in the second season of Arrow and a potential spin-off of his own. "I’m unbelievably excited," the Glee actor told the site. "I’ve been a lifelong fan of DC Comics, so I can’t be more honored and can’t wait to get started."

The plan for the character to appear in three episode of Arrow remains the same, with his final appearance planned as a back door pilot of his own series. However, how exactly will the grounded CW series deal with the introduction of the super speedster? "Part of the fun for the audience is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy," Andrew Kreisberg said. "Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry. There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way" Barry Allen is described as being a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who comes to Starling City to look into a series of unexplained robberies which he believes may be connected to his tragic past. As a comic book fanboy, Allen is apparently obsessed with Arrow and ends up working with Oliver and Felicity before crossing paths with the vigilante.

I almost feel like they're purposely not using a wolverine costume just because people keep asking for it

I was hoping he would wear a mask in The Wolverine due to the samurai/ninja storyline. It would've been sick if he found some samurai suit (orange/brown) because it was helping him survive and wear that towards the end to battle Silver Samurai.

Ahhh one can dream :frown:

Last edited:
I was hoping he would wear a mask in The Wolverine due to the samurai/ninja storyline. It would've been sick if he found some samurai suit (orange/brown) because it was helping him survive and wear that towards the end to battle Silver Samurai.

Ahhh one can dream :frown:

Yeah, they can come up with a million reasons for him to wear a full costume/mask. Hell, bring Cyclops back and let him mention if he's happy he got his yellow spandex :lol:

The crowd would go crazy, you're welcome Fox :wink:

Back
Top Bottom