News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Constantine was a decent movie that I liked. Yeah we're getting the show... on NBC
Ahhh okay, so the movie is the same as the upcoming TV show. 

Season Finale of Agents of SHIELD was decent. I knew the special cameo wasn't going to be neither of the main Avengers. 

Just researched Constantine last night.

Not sure why it gets so much hate,
It's a solid movie.

Are we gonna get the series? That's something I would want to watch depending on the network.

I think it was 90% people hating the casting of Keanu.

I never read Hellblazer, so Keanu was fine for me. Loved that movie.
Their hell was awesome, the action and magic were really well done, and Tilda Swinton and Djimon Hounsou were great.

They never made another one cuz Keanu was salty at how the Matrix movies turned out, so he said he was never doing a sequel again.

What about Matt Damon? When he's in a movie do you just see Matt Damon? The most recent thing I saw him in was Candelabra, different kind of role for him.
Matt Damon is a way better actor.

I'm betting after this superhero stuff Battfleck just directs full time like he should.

Bryan Cranston for Batman?
Great actor, but I can't see him in that role. Maybe a little on the older side for it. He has great range as an actor though.
If they ever actually did a Dark Knight Returns movie Cranston would be great for it. Just cgi his old man muscular physique.

It's a solid movie.

Are we gonna get the series? That's something I would want to watch depending on the network.
When you say researched do you mean you watched the movie or did you just read up on the character and the summary of the movie? :lol:

I wasn't aware it got that much hate but I can see why die hard fans didn't like it and as just a movie I can see why the regula movie goer didn't like. I liked some things about it but as a Reeves flick Constantine is more forgettable than anything, there's just some other parts by the better actors that are more memorable.

Series gonna be on NBC so take with it what you will. Few options really; could suck and be canceled asap, could be great and canceled asap, could suck and then suck for 5 seasons, and the common one is it's great and then starts to suck as the seasons go on.
Is Penny Dreadful any good? Haven't heard much chatter about it.
Pretty good so far. Weird and freaky. Fun stuff as we dig deeper in to the mystery.

It's getting more talk about it in the movie/tv thread.

Last edited:

It's a solid movie.

I think it was 90% people hating the casting of Keanu.

I never read Hellblazer, so Keanu was fine for me. Loved that movie.
Their hell was awesome, the action and magic were really well done, and Tilda Swinton and Djimon Hounsou were great.

They never made another one cuz Keanu was salty at how the Matrix movies turned out, so he said he was never doing a sequel again.

I tried reading Hellblazer... it was just too much for me. I think its cause I tried reading from the beginning.

I still have unopened Hellblazer omnibus lying around just cuz of the size. Haven't seen a task like that since all of the Judge Dredd/2000 A.D. books.

I liked the Constantine film too despite Keanu.

I am still not sure what he was trying to do when he put his forearms with tattoos together, I tried looking it up but I can't find an explanation on what he was trying to do.

Is Penny Dreadful any good? Haven't heard much chatter about it.

I watched the first episode, I liked it though Josh Hartnett was bit off in it.

Also for a supwerpower movie concept, I saw Next again and the clairvoyance and how it was executed was pretty cool, reminds me of Jumper in a way. If they can expand on it and not hire Nic Cage and his hair then a sequel could be cool. Kind of like a Jumper sequel would be awesome if they do not hire Hayden again.

Have a weird feeling they're going to go with some type of Gambit-Jubilee relationship for the future films..

Gambit basically played big bro (along with Wolverine) to Jubilee in the comics right?..

And just know Channing is definitely about to be Jackman's replacement :lol:

i saw the first episode of Penny Deadful with frankenstien and i found it to be boring.

also last nights episode of shield was probably the best one so far. anyone have an idea as to who Skyes father is? also whats up with Coulsons writing on the wall?

Aaron Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen are busy promoting Godzilla, as the King Kaiju prepares to come stomping back to the big screen. During the press rounds for that film, IGN was able to briefly speak with Johnson about his upcoming role as Quicksilver in Joss Whedon’s Avengers: Age of Ultron. When asked about the approach the director was taking for the character, and which comics he had been guided towards, the actor mentioned the Ultimate comics as a source of inspiration for the film. Adding that there is a "whole backlog of knowledge" about those characters to dig into.

Johnson also said that he's "looking forward to seeing" his rival Quicksilver, Evan Peters, in action. Peters will of course appear in the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past as the character, in what Johnson himself says, "looks to be a very different (take)."

Johnson's Godzilla co-star Elizabeth Olsen will also join him in Age of Ultron as Quicksilver's sister Scarlet Witch. When asked how she’s preparing, the actress said she’s diving deep on the history of this character.

"I wanted to get to know as many of the stories as I could regardless of it being relevant," Olsen said. "So I asked Marvel to just give me a big bible binder of almost every single comic that she's been present in."

Adding, "It's pretty fun reading, because she's pretty awesome."

Check out the video above to hear what Olsen and Johnson had to say and stay tuned to IGN for all things Avengers: Age of Ultron.

"So I asked Marvel to just give me a big bible binder of almost every single comic that she's been present in."

Damn. I think I might love this chick

Lizzie Olsen is the goods. Can't wait to see her run and bounce around in Avengers. She needs to time travel and be in scenes with Hayley Atwell.

Last edited:
:smh: :x tatum

franchise is destined to fail, especially after DOFP bombs.

the butchering of the characters has just been god awful for the xmen franchise(s)

"So I asked Marvel to just give me a big bible binder of almost every single comic that she's been present in."

Damn. I think I might love this chick

Yup.

You all need to lay off ben afleck.

The tim burton batman is considered one of the better batman films and they put michael freakin keaton as batman.

Michael keaton.

Let that sink in for a bit.

Thats like them casting adam sandler as batman in present day

But i really want them to cast william defoe as joker. That guy was born to play the joker.

Back
Top Bottom