News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Bad box office number doesn't mean the movie is bad, it just means people didn't care for it/did not watch and it's understandable as it isn't exactly the most popular comic book and people were getting tired of Cera.

Low box office means not many saw the film, I don't know how you could say people agreed with you that the movie sucked because they didn't see it? Did they watch the film and got a refund so the box office became so low? That really makes no sense at all.

It's 82% on RT so plenty of people liked the film.

Bad box office number doesn't mean the movie is bad, it just means people didn't care for it/did not watch and it's understandable as it isn't exactly the most popular comic book and people were getting tired of Cera.

Low box office means not many saw the film, I don't know how you could say people agreed with you that the movie sucked because they didn't see it? Did they watch the film and got a refund so the box office became so low? That really makes no sense at all.

It's 82% on RT so plenty of people liked the film.

I like Flight Club and was told it didnt do too well, tho I never checked. Edgar Wright is just one of those things I do not agree with the public.

And werent you saying how the RT meter is flawed in the X-Men thread?

Stop it. You have bad taste and poor insight.

He asked me even tho I dont care for this subject. I'm just glad edgar wright is wrong.

Ahem.
Talladega Nights by itself >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Edgar Wright's entire catalogue

You think Adam McKay is a better director than Edgar Wright.

Last edited:
:lol: that's the thing. I'm not saying the movie won't be good with Wright.. but he's a pretty good director. And that Talladega Nights comment was just way off :lol:

It's only flawed here on NT and comic book forums where more people are prone to being perfectionist with the adaptation like Rogue not getting his powers or Spiderman spitting web from his wrist instead of actually having web shooters or Mandarin being a damn actor.

RT is still a good general concensus on how critics view the film, people will argue and disagree but it's the best place you can use to determine a general broad view of how good a film is.

I didn't say RT was flawed, the argument there (iirc) was about box office numbers not matching with RT rating just like Scott Pilgrim, good film rating but bad BO. Transformers, terrible RT score great BO. Completely different argument.

I've also continually said I don't like/hate such and such film but understand why it got good/bad rating on RT like IM3, I hate it but they rated it well, I liked MoS but they rated it bad, etc...

scott pilgrim, he has a credit in Planet Terror, tho I dont know what it actually amounted to.

The snorefest that is Shaun of the Dead was close enough

Thats almost half his known credits right there.

But since you want an answer McKay is much much much better. Still glad they didnt settle on him tho but we dodged a bullet with wright

So what is this rumor that Marvel/Disney is pulling all of Fantastic Four comics to spite Fox and get the movie rights back?

Some rumors are even going as far as removing all pics, art, images, etc.. of F4 out of the Marvel office.

Seems like a dumb move to me because it really isn't going to force Fox to return the property, hell if I were Fox I'd just keep making F4 films to f' with Marvel/Disney. This move just feels like it is worse for the fans than on Fox, who likely doesn't even depend on the books to market their film.

If they are pulling f4 it's because they arent selling well. The few thousand monthly purchasers of the comic is nothing compared to the amount of people who will see the movie and they know it. But while we are at it a lot of movies can be predicted by the comics. Inhuman pretty much tells me they are seriously considering an Inhumans movie but that comic was doomed from the start. Joe Mad is no longer drawing for it after issue 3. The whole Matt Fraction crap. All these delays, etc. We likely wont get any Inhumans film because of that.

:lol: @ dude comparing Talleda Nights to any Wright movie then turning around and saying it's apple and oranges when he brought up the dumb *** comparison in the first place.
So what is this rumor that Marvel/Disney is pulling all of Fantastic Four comics to spite Fox and get the movie rights back?

Some rumors are even going as far as removing all pics, art, images, etc.. of F4 out of the Marvel office.

Seems like a dumb move to me because it really isn't going to force Fox to return the property, hell if I were Fox I'd just keep making F4 films to f' with Marvel/Disney. This move just feels like it is worse for the fans than on Fox, who likely doesn't even depend on the books to market their film.
It's just Bleeding Cool trying to get more clicks cuz that's how they make their money.

It's really smart if you've been keeping up with what members complain about on the forum. Rich who created the site is constantly accused of an anti-DC bias cuz he reported all of the times writers walked off a DC book and the constant complaints about editorial interference while never giving that focus for Marvel to the point ppl accused Rich of being on Marvel's payroll. What a lot of Marvel comic fans have complained about is that they keep changing the comics to match the movies even though corporate synergy is a smart move given their success. So there have been fears of any character Marvel Studios don't own getting no kind of attention in the comics like X-Men not getting promoted anymore and changing things like putting white Nick Fury on the back burner for black Nick Fury (his son). There's a few more examples and some stuff gets explained away with SONY's recent renegotiation to give Marvel all of the merchandising and tv rights.

So Rich finally tries to take advantage of those fears by having sources tell him that the higher ups at Marvel (Pres. Perlumetter who allegedly is some emotionally disturbed petty vindictive billionaire that makes decisions on a whim) have instructed ******* trading card artists not to do cards of any F4 members and related characters with an alleged copy of the letter instructing so as proof and sources have also said X-Men comics will stop being promoted with the biggest move being the the cancellation of the 616 F4 comic and Ultimate FF. This is all suppose to go down by Sept. Mind you none of this makes any business sense in the least and that was said by Marvel comics senior VP Tom B and if Ultimate FF gets canceled it'll be cuz of low sales. Robinson has long term plans for F4 and Marvel's E-I-C Alonso has confirmed that. Now that Rich has made this a big thing and has ppl talking he's taking the stand that this is either definitely going down or now that the truth has leaked his reporting of it will lead to it not happening.

So either way he gets credit for the story even though common sense says this was never going to happen but he's reported it in such a way that when it doesn't happen he can take credit for causing that.

I mean you really just have to look at past business decisions and things that went down to see how what's being reported now doesn't make sense and isn't necessary. Marvel didn't need to stop making Daredevil comics to get the rights back to DD or Ghost Rider or Blade. Stopping F4 comics in no way impacts the movie and if the deal they have is any new characters in F4 comics FOX can use they can simply not introduce new characters, there already is a ton of characters they can just recycle and use in different ways which is what Robinson has been doing

I'm watching batman a and robin right now. 10 mins into it and I'm convinced it's the worst movie ever created :lol:

Every scene sucks. Every line is cringe worthy. Nothing makes sense. It has to be this bad on purpose :lol:

Last edited:
If they are pulling f4 it's because they arent selling well. The few thousand monthly purchasers of the comic is nothing compared to the amount of people who will see the movie and they know it. But while we are at it a lot of movies can be predicted by the comics. Inhuman pretty much tells me they are seriously considering an Inhumans movie but that comic was doomed from the start. Joe Mad is no longer drawing for it after issue 3. The whole Matt Fraction crap. All these delays, etc. We likely wont get any Inhumans film because of that.
You just said the amount of ppl who buy the comic is nothing compared to ppl who will pay to see the movie so exactly how does the Inhuman comic have anything to do with the Inhuman movie happening or not?

If Marvel Studios wants an Inhuman movie there will be an Inhuman movie, simple as that. There's a Jessica Jones tv show coming and there's no comment for it currently. It'll most likely be new stories and stuff based on the old comic. They'll do the same for the Inhuman movie, base it on the old comics or completely new ideas. Comics won't stop that.

I just remember Batman whiippin out the credit card and when he surfed down a dinosaur and thinking :nerd: :rofl:

They ****** around and made a Power Ranger movie. :lol: :smokin

Back
Top Bottom