News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

DRAGON BALL Z: BATTLE OF GODS GETS LIMITED RELEASE IN US AND CANADA

The first new Dragon Ball film in over 17 years blasts its way to North American theaters this summer.
BY JARED LARSONFUNimation Entertainment has announced that Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods will be coming to over 350 screens across the US and Canada for a limited release on August 5, 6, 7, and 9.

An original story from Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama, Battle of Gods finds Beerus, the ancient and powerful God of Destruction, searching for Goku after hearing tales of how the hero defeated Frieza. As the new villain's threat to humanity grows, Goku must ascend to the level of a Super Saiyan God to stop Beerus from destroying Earth -- and the entire universe.

"We're very excited to be bringing Battle of Gods to movie theaters across the country this summer," said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and President of FUNimation Entertainment. "Dragon Ball Z has always been a huge part of everything we do at FUNimation and, speaking as a fan myself, I can't wait to watch it on the big screen."

FUNimation promises "plenty more to announce" in the near future. In the meantime, you can find more information and sign up for updates on the official site.
I would pay money to see it just because I want to support FUNimation and more DBZ projects, but to be real I wasn't a big fan of the movie.

Bruce Willis or bust. Dead srs

It could work.

Super Sayain God, doe?

Cyclops is a G right now in the comics... or last I read he was. I just got to the battle of the atom. Anyway if they bring Cable into the mix for the Apocalypse movie, what actor do you guys wanna see cast for the role?
sorry if the questions has already been asked. 

i think they will. isnt he in DoFP? im sure that was him and most probably missed that. i dont know how to use spoilers sorry guys.
Yeah somebody pointed out to me that young Nate was the kid in the beginning to find that X badge or w/e in the ground when the movie started. Had the white/gray streak in his hair and everything.

Yeah somebody pointed out to me that young Nate was the kid in the beginning to find that X badge or w/e in the ground when the movie started. Had the white/gray streak in his hair and everything.
Word? But Scott was dead before he was born in the cinematic universe right? Or maybe it doesn't matter now after DoFP.

He was shown before wolverine traveled back. I guess it doesn't have to make sense.

Word? But Scott was dead before he was born in the cinematic universe right? Or maybe it doesn't matter now after DoFP.
Yeah he was dead but Xavier was also in a different body at the end of X3 and there's no explanation how he got his body back or a clone of it for DoFP. Plenty unexplained things.

I'd go with the Mr. Sinister got some his DNA and Jean's and made a baby like he does in the comics. Of course Mr. Sinister hasn't been introduced in the movies yet.

Not a film but I don't know where to post it.

They need to sit down, and do something with these and make a proper movie. In today's technology, they could do it, and not make it so campy, but actually do it in a ridiculously awesome way.

Not a film but I don't know where to post it.

They need to sit down, and do something with these and make a proper movie. In today's technology, they could do it, and not make it so campy, but actually do it in a ridiculously awesome way.

Honestly, and I don't know if the same company owns both, but if they gave this to a writer/director to come up with a plan and something good. They could at the very least make hundreds of millions off a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter movie.

I always wanted to see both universes combined.

Ha, that's not a bad idea. With all the Avengers/Justice League stuff in the pipeline, surely they could introduce a Blanka, or Sub Zero and not have it be "far fetched".

I could see something like that working quite well, IF they tried to make it as "real" as possible.

I don't think Capcom has any interest in doing a crossover with Mortal Kombat for a game. I can't see them ever doing a movie. They're way too different. Mortal Kombat is much darker with multiple worlds and realms dealing with gods, demons, and magic. Plus the gore in those games.

I guess never say never though, because the Mortal Kombat guys made some concessions with the DCU crossover.

MVC worked but by accident. All other crossover games sucked. SFxtekken was trash, DCvsMK was trash. I'm excluding snk and SF because those games were so similar it wasn't such a stretch

Surprise surprise, whatever the topic, Combo's analysis: "Trash", "garbage", "crap", "sucks" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude literally likes NOTHING in this world. :lol:

:lol: no worries man, I don't even know what games you mean, I just know that your vocab on anything, any subject, is the same 4 words. :lol:

What do you think of lil babies? "Trash"

Did you enjoy the Godfather? "Garbage"

What do you think of Kate Upton's chest game? "Crap"

Your thoughts on Niketalk? "Sucks"

:lol:

:lol: no worries man, I don't even know what games you mean, I just know that your vocab on anything, any subject, is the same 4 words. :lol:

What do you think of lil babies? "Trash"

Did you enjoy the Godfather? "Garbage"

What do you think of Kate Upton's chest game? "Crap"

Your thoughts on Niketalk? "Sucks"

And all rightfully so

But lil babies are trash and niketalk does suck

MVC worked but by accident. All other crossover games sucked. SFxtekken was trash, DCvsMK was trash. I'm excluding snk and SF because those games were so similar it wasn't such a stretch

MK vs DCU was trash but the thing is they knew it would be before they released it since DC was overprotective of their properties and wouldnt have the DC characters do any real fatalities, brutalities or anything like that. That game was overly toned down. Midway/Netherrealm Studios made up for it with MK9 tho :smokin

MvC was no accident. SF vs X-Men worked as well. Capcom knew how to make good licensed games back then. Even their games based on disney properties were pretty sick

Last edited:
But lil babies are trash and niketalk does suck
MK vs DCU was trash but the thing is they knew it would be before they released it since DC was overprotective of their properties and wouldnt have the DC characters do any real fatalities, brutalities or anything like that. That game was overly toned down. Midway/Netherrealm Studios made up for it with MK9 tho :smokin

MvC was no accident. SF vs X-Men worked as well. Capcom knew how to make good licensed games back then. Even their games based on disney properties were pretty sick

I'm sorry, when I said mvc I meant the whole capcom and marvel team up.

Any first entry into a franchise is a risk but MvC, SF vs X-Men, pretty much any licensed franchise out of capcom at the time was ill (Darkwing Duck, Aladdin, Chip & Dale). Capcom was a beast at the time.

smh at their recent decisions tho :smh:

Any first entry into a franchise is a risk but MvC, SF vs X-Men, pretty much any licensed franchise out of capcom at the time was ill (Darkwing Duck, Aladdin, Chip & Dale). Capcom was a beast at the time.

smh at their recent decisions tho :smh:

Yes but it also came at the right time. The very end of arcade era and the uncanny xmen cartoon was still popular. Just the perfect storm I guess. Plus capcom is the best at making fighting games for sure

MAR75THMAG_COV.jpg

is this real life
1. I am bummed that Marvel aren't using the staple characters that made Marvel known in this poster. I think it's stupid how Marvel is trying to market their movie properties (minus Spider-Man) as the main characters. You need X-Men, Fantastic Four...I honestly don't think GotG is mainstream quality to be represented on the 75th anniversary poster.

2. Who in the world approved of this artwork?!?! Rocket Racoon looks ridiculous. They could have at least asked Leinel Yu or Humberto Ramos to draw this damn poster. 

Back
Top Bottom