News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I actually liked Cars. :wow: But once they took the focus out of Mcqueen and put it into Mater, it was all downhill from there. Worst decision Pixar has ever made.

No doubt they make money but quality just isn't there lately. Brave was suppose to change the game again with a female lead but it was mediocre at best. I was bored out of my mind. Monsters U wasn't even close to being as good as the OG.

Last edited:
can t'challa get a movie??
is that too much to ask for ??

I mean if were being honest with ourselves. the cupboard is pretty bare as far as seminal black panther stories.

Black Panther been ignored in comics, it's going to be ignored in movies.

honestly, I might say the best black panther story the Secret Wars tie in and that happened in 2008.

Disney has been on their game lately too with Rapunzel and Frozen. TBT their last few entries have been way better than Pxars last few entries. Planes will likely suck tho. I aint even tryna watch it. Such a rip off. I thought it was Pixar for the longest, which I am sure is what they are banking on.

Im looking forward to BH6

Speaking of which. The japanese trailer looks way better even tho I aint kno what they sayin

I prefer story based trailers with humor than forced humor while trying to hide most of the jokes making it seem out of context. Which is why I hated that first guardians trailer

Last edited:
Liked how AVP: Requiem went further into the Predator mythos. Hoping that the Shane Black flick does that too.

Question. Is Vertigo's Sandman gonna be a part of the DCCU or is it gonna be standalone. I ask cuz its one of the few that Ieven care for from them.

As for who will win, if Marvel announces all those movies.... how could they lose? They've already proven they know what they are doing.

In 2015, we'll get to see Neil Blomkamps next offering. It will be Chappie, here's the official tagline: "After being kidnapped by two criminals during birth, Chappie becomes the adopted son in a strange and dysfunctional family. Chappie is preternaturally gifted, one of a kind, a prodigy. He also happens to be a robot." It stars: Hugh Jackman, Sigourney Weaver and Sharlto Copley.

Last edited:
So he'll be on Star Wars and Marvel U?

Cool though I do kind of wish another dude would get the part and let others shine. Was hoping for Boseman for BP.

The lead for the new Halo movie Mike Colter definitely should be somewhere in the MCU. Dude looks like he could pull of Blade with no questions. He hasn't had many roles yet, but he has the look and apparently the skills to lead a big Stephen Speilberg production based on being the star of the Halo movie.

nightfall3.jpg

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Let this sink in...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]I'd be all for seeing that at Disneyland. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not genderswapping Thor. This new character is not related to Odin in any way. Only ties she has to Marvel's Norse pantheon is that she is worthy.

Still funny tho.

I swear that's the second time I've heard someone say that Thor Disney Princess thing. :smh:

Last edited:
I know I'm not really contributing to the current convo, but I'm chiming in because tomorrow is Batman Day :D

Probably nothing too news-worthy will drop tomorrow in regards to it, whether its comic, tv or film, DC will probably wait to drop something during Comic Con this weekend.

But nevertheless, Batman is my fave hero. Sorry for the lame PSA, I just wanted to get that out there :lol:

They are not genderswapping Thor. This new character is not related to Odin in any way. Only ties she has to Marvel's Norse pantheon is that she is worthy.

Still funny tho.
[COLOR=#red]
Yea I know, I think it was funny as well.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing a fit busty thor woman at disneyland.[/COLOR]

Pixar has sucked lately though, Cars 2 and Brave are both terrible, then there's the Disney Planes Pixar rip-off.

It felt like Pixar was batting 1.000 there up til Toy Story 3 but then it just started to suck from there, Monsters U was also underwhelming.

Incredibles 2 needs to get here ASAP!!!!

Brave and Monsters U were both good films.

So he'll be on Star Wars and Marvel U?

Cool though I do kind of wish another dude would get the part and let others shine. Was hoping for Boseman for BP.
Boseman is busy being typecast into every black historical figure
That James Brown commercial was shockingly embarrassing :smh: :lol:

Still feel Boyega looks way too young to be BP. Not taking his tweets seriously though. Actors notoriously lobby for big time huge productions roles like this cuz they want to get paid word to when Vin wanted to be Vision and Morris Chestnut also tweeting about being BP.

Imma just trust in Feige to get it right.
The lead for the new Halo movie Mike Colter definitely should be somewhere in the MCU. Dude looks like he could pull of Blade with no questions. He hasn't had many roles yet, but he has the look and apparently the skills to lead a big Stephen Speilberg production based on being the star of the Halo movie.

nightfall3.jpg
Damn I would definitely go with him just cuz he has the look right.

Looks like this other black actor that I can't name right now. Hope he gets thats Idris Elba treatment by next year :lol:

EDIT

Oh wow that is who I thought that was, that's Lemond bishop from The Good Wife; savvy clever drug dealer and business man

Lemondbishop1.png

Last edited:
Nah, I didn't like either. Monsters U kind of titters back and forth but I'd have to put it in the bad film file.

Out of all the Pixar films, only Cars 2 is worse than those if I were to rank them.

Probably because the rest of Pixars movies were just so good that even mediocre films looks bad well except Cars 2 and Brave, just did not enjoy those two one bit.

Back
Top Bottom