News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I didn't even know they were making another Hitman film. It stars Quinn from Homeland and he was a bad*ss in that show so I am kind of intrigued to say the least.

as badass as he was in homeland, they still couldn't get someone who looks like 47. This would be the 3rd time that they aren't close to the character's look. Timmy (1st movie), Paul and Quinn are all decent attempts, but still just doesn't look like Agent 47.

Last edited:
Forgot about that legal mumbo jumbo...

Seriously, how can Fox own the movies but Marvel still own the comic rights? What's stopping Marvel from dropping "Marvel Comic's X-men" and basing it directly off the comics, knocking Fox out the box?
The contract details in the sale of the movie rights.

It's not all that complicated. You write a book, you own everything about it until you agree to sell the rights to it. You can feel tv rights, movie rights, merchandising rights, you can license certain rights out to others, etc. The main thing about how Marvel sold their movie rights has to do with them being desperate for cash at the time cuz they were about to go bankrupt so they made a really one sided deal.

So silly stuff like changing the name in the comics or canceling the book won't change anything. There's still over 50 years of X-Men stories and characters to make movies about. Marvel won't fully own X-Men again until the FOX movies stop making money.
The premise of Lucy looks cool, I love Scar Jo, and Choi Min-sik is my dude but she seems to be pretty invincible from the trailers, don't see there being much drama in the film.
Seems like an Outer Limits ep to me and like other sic fi movies like it. I doubt she'll be that powerful he entire film. They'll be a learning curve

Forgot about that legal mumbo jumbo...

Seriously, how can Fox own the movies but Marvel still own the comic rights? What's stopping Marvel from dropping "Marvel Comic's X-men" and basing it directly off the comics, knocking Fox out the box?
The contract details in the sale of the movie rights.

It's not all that complicated. You write a book, you own everything about it until you agree to sell the rights to it. You can feel tv rights, movie rights, merchandising rights, you can license certain rights out to others, etc. The main thing about how Marvel sold their movie rights has to do with them being desperate for cash at the time cuz they were about to go bankrupt so they made a really one sided deal.

So silly stuff like changing the name in the comics or canceling the book won't change anything. There's still over 50 years of X-Men stories and characters to make movies about. Marvel won't fully own X-Men again until the FOX movies stop making money.
The premise of Lucy looks cool, I love Scar Jo, and Choi Min-sik is my dude but she seems to be pretty invincible from the trailers, don't see there being much drama in the film.
Seems like an Outer Limits ep to me and like other sic fi movies like it. I doubt she'll be that powerful he entire film. They'll be a learning curve

Watch the reviews I posted on page 335 they touch on how powerful she is throughout the movie.

Am I the only one who could see Rock playing either role?

Plus he hinted a few days ago in an interview to "just say the word" so if I were to be money, he'll be Shazam.

Am I the only one who could see Rock playing either role?

Plus he hinted a few days ago in an interview to "just say the word" so if I were to be money, he'll be Shazam.

Don't they both say the word?

Actually, I do believe he does but he really is always portrayed to be Black Adam already and doesn't really need to transform. He just stays Black Adam all the time unlike Batson.

I believe his powers are from Egyptian gods instead of the Greek gods for Cap Marvel.

Last edited:
Wow. I met people who hated District 9 because they were pissy about it not being a Halo movie. They will feel pretty embarrassed in the next couple months.

:x

Well it's a digital feature, not a full length movie. It has 5 episodes but it's pretty much a web series, not even a Netflix or cable show so the budget on it isn't on the hundreds of millions.

Ahh I see.

Dont care much for the franchise, especially since Bungie don't make it anymore. Thought it was a movie

Last edited:
This movie is going to be so trash, and I enjoyed Man of Steel.

I don't understand the industry's new trend of shoehorning superheroes and comic characters down our throats with crossover after crossover with literally no development beforehand. Sony and WB will never pull it off like Marvel Studios did; they're just trying to capitalize off of the success of the Avengers because they know people will swarm in droves to see these types of movies, regardless of quality.

I don't mind the act of a Batman reboot in of itself, but they didn't even bother to give ****** a breather after DKR. I know it's been a couple of years, but we've got an established Batman whose narrative was one of the most compelling in superhero movie history, and now Ben Affleck co-starring with Superman? With no proper reboot or origin movie? wut? I'm not getting into who's the better actor or whatever, but to abruptly jump from Bale to Affleck will be dissonant as **** to casual moviegoers or even fans who weren't really peeping game on the developments. People say the Nolanverse wouldn't really mesh with Man of Steel, but back in 2011/2012 I didn't think that 2008's Hulk would mesh with Iron Man and Thor. So many people died so brutally in Man of Steel that a "verse" might have well been perfectly established.

Going forward, are we expecting WB to make a solo Affleck flick? Or are they just using him to hype JLA? Furthermore, would we CARE to see a solo Affleck flick? Personally, I might have, if they had made it beforehand.

Last edited:
Why would we even want another Batman origin film? I honestly do not want to sit through 2 hours of another Batman origin films, same with Spiderman, Superman, etc.... I'm good for the next 30-40 years of no origin films for those characters.

Nolans Batman is rooted in realism and wouldn't work in this film. Hulk is still a fantastical world where a dude turns in a big green giant so aliens, gods, a billionaire in a iron suit works there. Batman who still dealt with thugs and so rooted to realism so much so that Batman had to wear riot gear and every gear he has were explained so that it makes sense. The worlds just didn't match-up and you can't compare it to the Hulk.

Anyways... Hall H schedule at SDCC for the big ones at least. Not sure if Sony got any SIn6 or Spiderman news though. WB doesn't really announce their plans for any DC film reveals so it's a sit and wait kind of thing while Marvel Studios pretty much have their own hour and a half show. Can't wait!

Jul 25

“20th Century Fox Presentation” (4:20 p.m., Hall H) 20th Century Fox shows off their upcoming projects, specifics currently unannounced.

Jul 26

“Warner Bros. Pictures” (10:00 a.m., Hall H) Warner Bros. takes a look at three of their upcoming feature films, “Jupiter Ascending,” “Mad Max: Fury Road” and “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.”

“Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For” (2:50 p.m., Hall H) Co-directors Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller and cast show exclusive footage from their upcoming feature film “Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For,” followed by a special discussion.

"Marvel Studios" (5:30 p.m., Hall H) Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige and special guests provide an inside look at the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I laugh at the notion of being "rooted in realism" when it comes to superheroes. Nothing about the three Nolan films was contrary to or any more "realistic" than Batman's finest comic-book material. lol at a "decaying" fusion reactor becoming a flat-out nuclear bomb. Yeah, that's totally rooted in realism.

Ben Affleck, despite being the same actor, will play the exact same character. How exactly will his portrayal, his billionaire access to sci-fi gadgets, or his improbable ability to take on armies of armed thugs be any less "realistic" than anything portrayed by Bale?

Last edited:
For once his gadgets will not have to make sense in the real world, his suit is cloth instead of armor. It's practically spandex, that right there is a nod to the comic and far from realistic. You just know he can avoid bullets by going in the shadows, his grappling hook can easily carry him to the rooftops just by holding on to the gun, he can glide from building to building without explaining that the cape has some nano tech that makes it stiff. The new film will make it believable that he can beat a super powered alien just like in the comics in comparison to being worried to being bitten by dogs in the Nolanverse.

I mean if I really have to explain how Nolans Batverse were more realistic and how it doesn't work then I really do not know what to tell you. Nolan did not show any fantastical of magical or supernatural things or occurrences in his trilogy so an alien super being or an amazon from some island doesn't fit. Hell if you watch that trilogy, Bruce was Batman for what, a handful of years and he was already badly beaten and his bodies dilapidated, in the new film Batman is going to be much, much older. Plus he is presumed dead/retired in that film. It's best to just end it there and finish that story. You can't just have him return stronger than ever 10-15 year later when he could barely walk before hand.

Everyone knows who Batman is, you can consider him as James Bond and just be in a new film without explaining why or how he became Batman. The basic concept is there and they just have to build on that. Batman is the one of the few properties DC has that this can work without any problems at all, the other is Superman. An origin film isn't needed every time a new actor is hired, it worked from West to Keaton to Kilmer to Clooney (the last two just sucked but not because they weren't origin films). The argument is more valid on WW, Flash, GL, etc... but not for those two.

Back
Top Bottom