News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Directed by Mel Gibson? :nerd: :lol:

With him also as the super villain?

Really though, I don't know why anybody wants another one of these as fans given how each sequel has been received.

Half a bil prolly matters to somebody somewhere in an office overlooking nothing.
I know why they're doing it. That's why I said as fans.

It'd actually be great if all the fans actively didn't come in droves to watch this one like the last and make it gross Cap1 #s. Not a flop but a huge drop off to let them know we're not gonna accept bull ****.

If not it'll just get worse and worse and worse.

Here’s what BD‘s Devin Faraci (a generally reliable source of information) has to say about the situation:

Sinister Six, which is currently scheduled for release in 2016, will be a “soft reboot” of the brand that features a new actor in the Spider-Man role. Your Friendly Neighborhood will also team up with the six villains to fight against a larger threat.
Solo Spider-Man films are done for the next four or five years as Sony sees if they can develop franchises starring any of the side characters.
The long in-development Venom movie, to be directed by Alex Kurtzman, is no more.

Here’s what BD‘s Devin Faraci (a generally reliable source of information) has to say about the situation:

Sinister Six, which is currently scheduled for release in 2016, will be a “soft reboot” of the brand that features a new actor in the Spider-Man role. Your Friendly Neighborhood will also team up with the six villains to fight against a larger threat.
Solo Spider-Man films are done for the next four or five years as Sony sees if they can develop franchises starring any of the side characters.
The long in-development Venom movie, to be directed by Alex Kurtzman, is no more.

What the ****? They are getting a new Spiderman, already? Why?

This is confusing.

I thought Andrew was at least signed on for ASM 3 and 4 going in to 2018.

If 2016's S6 is a soft reboot with a new Spidey how does that mesh with the ASM sequels?

Either way I'd like to see me a Ben Reily Scsarlet Spider or Miles as Spidey if a new Spider-Man is forthcoming.

Like if they can keep soft rebooting and get rid of the ****** Green Goblin and the continuity of the first two ASM movies I'd be way more receptive to ASM crossing over in to any other movie franchise. From a story standpoint I also don't see why the MCU should go down to help SONY out with their Spiderverse.

and they're having Spidey team up with the S6? *yawn* It probably will be a decent movie but I thought they was going to do more of a Assault on Arkham type thing or the Superior Foes of Spider-Man type approach

Sony won't replace Garfield for the simple fact that he's still contracted and it would turn off audiences for a new spiderman so soon. What will happen is that the only connection to ASM that the MCU will have is Garfield. Along with the venom movie the sin 6 movie will be canceled as well and spiderman will appear in Marvel event films (either secret wars, infinity gauntlet or more likely civil war) as a seasoned spiderman who has had solo adventures including his bouts with the lizard and electro amongst others. Sony is not ready to give up on Garfield just yet and after he is done with these marvel event films then a reboot will happen in 2018. Book it.

Spider-Man being recast? i thought Garfield was in contract and had the role for as long as he wanted??? Spidey fighting along S6??? WTF? i was hoping hed show up to foil their plan at the end.. i dont like this news, even if he is going to be apart of an MCU film..

no venom either????? WTF i thought we might see him finally done justice on the big screen!

Last edited:
The whole spiderman teaming up with the sinister 6 tells me that film will end up being scrapped as well. It defeats the whole purpose. Garfield will stay spiderman and the MCU will bring him as having multiple solo adventures including what we've seen in ASM 1 and 2. It's the most logical and least cumbersome way to do it and allow audiences to have familiarized a face with spiderman. Sony has already set up the spiderman we know with the ASM series. A geek kid who's uncle dies. Gets bitten by a spider, creates web shooters, girlfriend gets killed because of a green goblin, all that great stuff. Why would Sony, Marvel or audiences want that rehashed again? Besides Garfield seems like he'll be great in an ensemble cast. He is spiderman.

Like I said before to me it'd just be better if they're really bringing in another actor Spidey to just not make it Peter Parker.

Then hopefully we could get better Spider-Man movies.

Like I said before to me it'd just be better if they're really bringing in another actor Spidey to just not make it Peter Parker.

Nobody in the MCU has a secret identity so spiderman wearing a mask at all times wouldn't fly and would also be the focus of what I feel marvel is trying to do with spiderman in the MCU which would be civil war. It goes perfect with everything that's building up right now considering what I think will happen due to the events of A2:AoU and the rumors of caps new team at the end which is the falling out of Steve and Tony. The superhuman registration act becomes active and tony tries to recruit spiderman on his side and persuade him to tell the world who he is (IRON SPIDER! Woooh!!!!) until he realizes how F'd up Tony is and switches sides to the secret avengers ran by cap. It also goes with what Avi Arad mentioned that spiderman will crossover when and if the story is about him and you know he's got his hands all over this. The plot is right in front of Marvel and Sony all they have to do is tie up loose ends for audiences which is no more than the obligatory "where was spiderman when the avengers were battling?" Which can easily be explained by spiderman being out of commission because of Gwen Stacy's death. He returns to being a superhero because of Gwen's speech and seeing his idols tony stark and captain America being heroic. They could even film a scene of him taking pics of the battle in New York or against Ultron for the bugle (JK Simmons cameo please!) and contemplating whether to help or not. Fits in perfectly!

Or if Sony were less stubborn earlier they could've allowed Marvel to come in and make Peter's parents shield agents

Which is still a possibility but shouldn't be added because audiences may get confused (which I wouldn't understand why) but it's right there for them. MAKE CIVIL WAR HAPPEN MARVEL! BUILD THANOS PROPERLY, DONT RUSH HIM. :nthat:

Nobody in the MCU that's been introduced yet has a secret identity. I think Daredevil, Iron Fist and some others to be introduced in the next couple of Phases might have secret identities.

Nobody in the MCU has a secret identity so spiderman wearing a mask at all times wouldn't fly and would also be the focus of what I feel marvel is trying to do with spiderman in the MCU which would be civil war. It goes perfect with everything that's building up right now considering what I think will happen due to the events of A2:AoU and the rumors of caps new team at the end which is the falling out of Steve and Tony. The superhuman registration act becomes active and tony tries to recruit spiderman on his side and persuade him to tell the world who he is (IRON SPIDER! Woooh!!!!) until he realizes how F'd up Tony is and switches sides to the secret avengers ran by cap. It also goes with what Avi Arad mentioned that spiderman will crossover when and if the story is about him and you know he's got his hands all over this. The plot is right in front of Marvel and Sony all they have to do is tie up loose ends for audiences which is no more than the obligatory "where was spiderman when the avengers were battling?" Which can easily be explained by spiderman being out of commission because of Gwen Stacy's death. He returns to being a superhero because of Gwen's speech and seeing his idols tony stark and captain America being heroic. They could even film a scene of him taking pics of the battle in New York or against Ultron for the bugle (JK Simmons cameo please!) and contemplating whether to help or not. Fits in perfectly!

Or if Sony were less stubborn earlier they could've allowed Marvel to come in and make Peter's parents shield agents

Which is still a possibility but shouldn't be added because audiences may get confused (which I wouldn't understand why) but it's right there for them. MAKE CIVIL WAR HAPPEN MARVEL! BUILD THANOS PROPERLY, DONT RUSH HIM. :nthat:
I don't know what you're talking about.

I didn't say anything about secret identities.

I just want better Spider-Man movies. I'm fine with it not being Peter Parker.

I really do not see any signs of Civil War coming up and I don't care to hear your crazy ideas of why it's happening. If the idea is that Marvel needs it's key characters to do Civil War then adding Spidey doesn't make things that more complete. Still key guys missing.

Basing CW all around Spidey having a secret ID would be terrible.

Last edited:
Nobody in the MCU that's been introduced yet has a secret identity. I think Daredevil, Iron Fist and some others to be introduced in the next couple of Phases might have secret identities.

And I think they'll make it to the big screen to help fill the roster and add to the theme of the civil war. If Marvel pulls this off, which they will DC should just stop making films.

I don't know what you're talking about.

I didn't say anything about secret identities.

I just want better Spider-Man movies. I'm fine with it not being Peter Parker.

I really do not see any signs of Civil War coming up and I don't care to hear your crazy ideas of why it's happening. If the idea is that Marvel needs it's key characters to do Civil War then adding Spidey doesn't make things that more complete. Still key guys missing.

If Peter Parker isn't spiderman than who will be? Ben Riley? Miles Morales? People who casual audiences have no idea about? Peter Parker will always be spiderman in film. And as far as civil war, if you have spiderman, iron man and captain America you have 75% of civil war. You don't really need Reed Richards or Pym. All they did was create robot Thor and the other robotic heroes and I don't know if Marvel will add that part into the civil war. It'll make Tony look too much like a douche. And even still they can just have stark industries fill in the role of for making the robot heroes

Back
Top Bottom