News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

Don't know why DC wouldn't want a shared universe with The Flash and Arrow television shows. :smh:

Cap 3 is gonna make more money than BvS :wow: :lol:

I think so too..Marvel can do no wrong at this point and at the point of release they will have phase 1 and phase 2 story lines backing up Cap 3...B v S has comics and MOS to back it up...

It's BATMAN and SUPERMAN in one movie. That alone is monumental. All they need is a good trailer and people will be hype.

EDIT: Batman by himself made over a billion.

Last edited:
I don't like Ezra Miller for Flash.

If you guys could pick who you want as Flash in a standalone movie, who would it be (besides Grant Gustin)?

It's BATMAN and SUPERMAN in one movie. That alone is monumental. All they need is a good trailer and people will be hype.

And avengers is the 3rd highest grossing film of all time. Batman and superman haven't even met each other and marvel is about to have there universe going through a war.

let's just say the DC cinematic universe  turn out like some Nolan/DK type of success. You ever think MS and Fox will bury the hatchet? I don't see how they can merge their cinematic universes together; unless they do an alternative DOFP film where they go back in time and change the past so it'll be within the same marvel cinematic universe 
nerd.gif
. Just some wishful thougts

Don't know why DC wouldn't want a shared universe with The Flash and Arrow television shows. :smh:

Cap 3 is gonna make more money than BvS :wow: :lol:
If this is the case I will be relentless. Every single clown in this thread was steady tahm bout how Cap 3 couldn't compete with BvS

Adding superman won't double it's profits

Also NOLAN's batman made over a billion. Where he at doe?

Last edited:
I never said anything about doubling it's profits. It's Batman AND Superman.

I think a lot of people are writing it off because of prior biases and I LOVED Cap 2. I was never a Cap fan and that is one of my favourite flicks Marvel put out. I feel like Marvel is at the point where they can make anything into a film and it will be a success, but it's not a competition for me. I'll go see everything. A damn shaky cam teaser from Comic Con for BVS was getting big traction on the internet. Wait for an actual trailer.

Any ideas or opinions on Gotham and why people here haven't liked it
Havent watched gonna wait till its on netflix
[COLOR=#red]
Because people are dumb.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Bats universe. I have been fully invested and love the first four episodes. Is there a few problems? Sure... but nothing that can't be over looked.

The only one that bugs me:

Selina seeing Bruce's parents murdered and seeing the killer. They could of at least had her a couple blocks down or something, not RIGHT above the murder.

Other than that, greatness. [/COLOR]

let's just say the DC cinematic universe  turn out like some Nolan/DK type of success. You ever think MS and Fox will bury the hatchet? I don't see how they can merge their cinematic universes together; unless they do an alternative DOFP film where they go back in time and change the past so it'll be within the same marvel cinematic universe :nerd: . Just some wishful thougts
No. If anything I think it'd give MS/Disney more leverage to demand the rights back. FOX would be willing but Disney is probably be stern about what they feel is rightfully theirs since they copped Marvel for a few billi. I think by this time MS gets F4 back though.

That grungy looking hipster is going to play The Flash? He needs to shave that poo stache and whatever that is on his chin. I really can't see it. I don't understand that casting.

I don't think that's facial hair. Just leftovers from a dirty Sanchez.

Lauren Vanderboot from smallville was a good Kara / Supergirl. CBS should cast her as an older version of the character.

Any ideas or opinions on Gotham and why people here haven't liked it
Havent watched gonna wait till its on netflix
Because people are dumb.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Bats universe. I have been fully invested and love the first four episodes. Is there a few problems? Sure... but nothing that can't be over looked.

The only one that bugs me:

(Click to hide)
Selina seeing Bruce's parents murdered and seeing the killer. They could of at least had her a couple blocks down or something, not RIGHT above the murder.

Other than that, greatness.
I didn't read into the story line of the show whatsoever before watching Episode 1. The only thing I knew - it would primarily be a Jim Gordon story. Maybe I'm trippin, but I just assumed this movie would be a throw back to like the 70's or 80's so I was caught off guard when people had modern cell phones 
laugh.gif

Still not sure what time frame they are in, but I think the show is cool. 

Last edited:

I did not catch this but Ninjago, Lego Batman, Lego Movie 2 coming out back to back years from 2016 on. When did they announce Lego Batman?

I don't like Ezra Miller for Flash.

If you guys could pick who you want as Flash in a standalone movie, who would it be (besides Grant Gustin)?

Chris Pine.
surprised he doesn't get mentioned for these types of things anymore.. neither does the dude who did Tron Legacy..
I use to think he should be mentioned too but I dunno maybe something is off. He was in star Trek, did the Shadow Recruit thing but I don't think he's a big enough box office draw for some studios.

Maybe he don't want to do it is also an option.

No. If anything I think it'd give MS/Disney more leverage to demand the rights back. FOX would be willing but Disney is probably be stern about what they feel is rightfully theirs since they copped Marvel for a few billi. I think by this time MS gets F4 back though.
hope so. By the looks of that f4 reboot, so far it's looking like it's on its way back to MS

‘Doctor Strange’ Update: Colin Farrell Enters the Mix, But Don't Count Out Benedict or Joaquin

Keanu Reeves is also being considered, while Jared Leto, Justin Theroux and Oscar Isaac want the role too

[Update 5:15 p.m.: Joaquin Phoenix's publicist insists the actor's "Doctor Strange" talks are "dead dead dead. A couple of weeks ago they mutually decided to part ways. It was over before the New York Film Festival."]

Benedict Cumberbatch and Joaquin Phoenix are still very much in the mix to star in “Doctor Strange,” while Marvel is also considering Colin Farrell for the coveted superhero role along with Keanu Reeves, an individual familiar with the high-profile project has told TheWrap.

A representative for Marvel declined to comment.

While Phoenix was thought to have recently passed on the role of Stephen Strange following an extended courtship from Marvel, he has apparently had second thoughts and is not entirely out of the picture just yet. It's possible that Robert Downey Jr.‘s negotiations for “Captain America 3” and their impact on the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe could have played a part in Phoenix's decision to walk away from the project when he did. His publicist did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The latest actor to join the casting conversation is Farrell, who is preparing to shoot the second season of HBO's “True Detective.” Marvel has always gravitated towards actors with heat, and the lead in “True Detective” is considered one of the hottest roles on television. Farrell is scheduled to wrap production early next year and could move right into “Doctor Strange” should he be tapped to play the Sorcerer Supreme.

Ryan Gosling's name was recently thrown into the fray as well, and while he has avoided blockbuster fare in the past, he's now a father with a family to think of — not that Marvel has backed up the Brinks truck for any actor other than Downey Jr. Gosling also shares a manager with Farrell, whose reps did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Multiple agency sources have told TheWrap that Cumberbatch remains high on the studio's list and they were surprised when the actor's name was omitted from this week's round of media reports. Marvel has long wanted to be in business with Cumberbatch, who is as hot as ever thanks to the awards buzz surrounding his performance in “The Imitation Game.” However, Cumberbatch's schedule may prove too tricky to overcome, as he has to film the new season of “Sherlock” and plans to do a play next year. His agent did not immediately return TheWrap's request for comment.

Meanwhile, comic book fans have urged Marvel to consider Keanu Reeves, whose “John Wick” has been getting rave reviews from the fanboy press, and the studio has been paying attention.

Cumberbatch, Phoenix, Farrell and Reeves are believed to be the four frontrunners at this point, though Jared Leto, Justin Theroux and Oscar Isaac are also pursuing the role.

Tom Hardy was once rumored to be in contention for “Doctor Strange,” though he has recently been courted for WB's “Suicide Squad” and the title role in “X-Men: Apocalypse,” so don't expect to see him join the MCU anytime soon.

Marvel's Kevin Feige is producing “Doctor Strange,” which Scott Derrickson (“Sinister”) is directing from a script by Jon Spaihts, who previously penned Reeves’ passion project “Passengers.”

Part of Marvel's bold Phase Three plan, “Doctor Strange” follows a former neurosurgeon who becomes the Sorcerer Supreme and defends the Earth from threats both magical and mystical.

Marvel will release “Doctor Strange” in July 2016.

Tom Hardy Eyed For 'Apocalypse' Role In X-MEN: APOCALYPSE

Tom Hardy is very much in demand right now, as he fields offers for both Marvel's Doctor Strange and DC Comics' Suicide Squad. However, The Wrap now reports that the former is looking very unlikely due to that fact that he is fielding an offer from 20th Century Fox to play Apocalypse in X-Men: Apocalypse, Bryan Singer's highly anticipated follow-up to X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Scarlett Johansson offered the lead role in a live action Ghost in The Shell (the only anime that matters). Why? Because how can a problem be solved in this universe without a prominent white american?

Don't give me that ******** about sales figures. People wouldn't avoid a Nolan or Ridley Scott movie simply cuz the lead actor was Asian so I am sure they could find a good enough director and screenwriter to pull it off.

Last edited:
Blue and grey makeup so it doesn't really matter who plays him, but an Egyptian would be ideal. Plus the Bane voice sounds like the Apocalypse voice from the cartoons to me.

Back
Top Bottom