News On Future Films Based on Comics/Paranormal/Sci-Fi

I think they're still making a Mass Effect movie. I love the games but not sure how they'll make the movies decent if the budget isn't huge for all the special effects needed.

There's no way to do a MGS movie. There's way too much going on. You can fit all of that in 2-3 hour film. If they would MGS, do it as a tv series or HBO miniseries. Plus if you wanted to watch an MGS movie just go play the game. Plenty of cutscenes to make a 2 hour movie

There's no way to do a MGS movie. There's way too much going on. You can fit all of that in 2-3 hour film. If they would MGS, do it as a tv series or HBO miniseries. Plus if you wanted to watch an MGS movie just go play the game. Plenty of cutscenes to make a 2 hour movie

This man knows

Because i'm sure no one would see GOTG 2 or Jurassic World after Uncharted flopped at the box office...

Who says he was approached for either of those two movies first? How would he know he'd get those roles? Even then he doesnt want a joke of a video game movie in his resume.

Last edited:
Because i'm sure no one would see GOTG 2 or Jurassic World after Uncharted flopped at the box office...

Who says he was approached for either of those two movies first? How would he know he'd get those roles? Even then he doesnt want a joke of a video game movie in his resume.
Well since he already has those two roles and was reportedly offered Uncharted pretty recently it'll be a safe bet that he'll be alright

If the planned O'Russell/Walhberg verison panned out i think it would have been a pretty good film. Once the Seth Rogan rumors started i knew it was all downhill from there

Metal gear movie would me TRASH is they followed any of the games story lines. It's just too much of an anime type plot line. Solid is goat though

Video game movies have a stigma. Which might be why they usually never get the more acclaimed actors and directors in them.
not only that but they also always have wayyyy too many people involved behind the scenes. that's why most of the more promising ones never really enter production and a reason why the ones that do usually suck

Imo video game story lines just don't trasnlate into movies well. They're usually over elaborate and convoluted. They also tell stories from a very linear point of view. You can use the concept but not the literal game story. Then you have resident evil :x

Well since he already has those two roles and was reportedly offered Uncharted pretty recently it'll be a safe bet that he'll be alright

EXACTLY. He has two roles that people can't wait to see and you are surprised he doesnt want to add Uncharted to his resume :lol:

Did anyone like the Super Mario movie?

I used to like it the way girls like bad movie night. Havent seen it in a while but from what I remember it is trash

Last edited:

EXACTLY. He has two roles that people can't wait to see and you are surprised he doesnt want to add Uncharted to his resume :lol:
w/e you're saying that like this was the point of your previous point :lol:

Video game films did very little to hurt Gyllenhaal or Wahlberg's career...

They're only a massive failures if they tank at the box office (DOOM) or Uwe Boll is directing them, otherwise they just fade into a dudes filmography and become an afterthought. The problem isn't the "video game" genre, it's the franchise thirsty way the game's built nowadays.

I can't remember anyone tied up to an franchise as successful as GOTG currently is having their career "ruined" by one bad film. That's my whole argument right now :lol:

Look at Chris Pine for example.. His team followed a plan that on paper looks great.. Get tied into a successful franchise (Star Trek), do a Rom-Com (This Means War), a thriller (Unstoppable), successful franchise sequel and hell while you're at it throw in another prestigious franchise (Jack Ryan).. Problem is it failed because he kept striking out and couldnt sustain momentum between his big films.

Remember Garrett Hedlund? Dude went from being the hottest thing in Hollywood after Tron one week to us NEVER hearing about him again all because his handlers didn't know wtf to do after he 'blew up'

Anyway.. It's refreshing to see a young guy have a team around him that seem to be playing the game extremely smart.

Naw man :lol:

Super mario was even comedy bad, it was just bad. It was dragon ball movie bad

Favorite awesomely bad movies:

Street fighter
Double dragon
Mortal kombat 2
Tmnt 2
Punisher
Punisher war zone

Double Dragon was a movie? Double Dragon? The Streets of Rage/River City Ransom/Fighting Force/TMNT type game? What the actual ****!

Bruh dudes will come in here with the feels saying its a good movie too. I challenge them to watch it again today and tell me that :lol:

I still like it tho. The way people like those movies that are so bad you laugh at every scene.

Favorite unintended comedy movies

MK II
Hackers
Barbarella
Reefer Madness
Can't remember the name of this sexploitation movie that was based in london and there was an alien species of 10/10 women who lived on a spaceship that looked like a bus.

I'll give an honorable mention to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Even tho I hated that movie that "Adamantium Bullets" line had me and my friends DYING!

Wolverine movie needs more time to get into that category for me. It's still hilarious though. The fact that will I am is in it is reason enough.

Honorable mention goes to the chun li. That movie is soooooo bad :lol:

Back
Top Bottom