NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's waiting for Mark Davis to fire Dennis Allen
Gruden said he has a room in his house that's all Raiders
pimp.gif
Is DA really in danger of losing his job?  2 years seems like an awfully short leash, especially since he's got them playing a lot more competitively than last season.

He's waiting for Mark Davis to fire Dennis Allen

Gruden said he has a room in his house that's all Raiders :pimp:
Is DA really in danger of losing his job?  2 years seems like an awfully short leash, especially since he's got them playing a lot more competitively than last season.

If they lose out, he might be fired. I hope they give him 1 more year though.

I used to get hyped for these games. It just doesn't feel the same w/o Ray and Ed and now the Steelers defense is old as dirt.
Now that both teams are back in the hunt I think it's gonna be a good one. The hype isn't what it used to be though, that's for sure.

I used to get hyped for these games. It just doesn't feel the same w/o Ray and Ed and now the Steelers defense is old as dirt.

They aren't too old anymore, especially the last few weeks.

Still think those 3 games in 08 were the greatest rivalry games to occur in a single year. Ferocious

Yeah I know it has playoff implications, but it's hard to get too excited about the way these teams have played lately. Ravens in particular have not been fun to watch this year.

i took the Packers yesterday getting points with the off chance he plays :nerd:

lets be real -- we arent going to get Broncos vs Pats in the playoffs . those type of dream matchups happen once a decade

Very good chance it does. I only see one other team in the AFC being good enough to win a playoff game (previously was four but I've dropped the Colts out of that) :lol:. So I fully expect them to match up

I'm taking the Steelers. They look much more capable of making a run. Ravens have just been consistently average.

The Ravens are just lacking playmaking and leadership. I tilt both of those in the Steelers favor.

AFC is hot garbage they should just fast forward to a Broncos/Pats matchup. I would mention the Bengals but Marvin Lewis has yet to win a playoff game :lol:

Good old Marvin :lol:

You won't find a better talent evaluator the past 4 years though :smh:. Would love for him to take over the GM spot in Pitt

AFC is hot garbage they should just fast forward to a Broncos/Pats matchup. I would mention the Bengals but Marvin Lewis has yet to win a playoff game :lol:

Bengals were contenders until they lost their two best defensive players. Need that defense to be elite level to overcome dalton.

They aren't too old anymore, especially the last few weeks.

Still think those 3 games in 08 were the greatest rivalry games to occur in a single year. Ferocious

Yes. Those games were so physical. Hines laying dudes out, Ray breaking Mendenhall's shoulder.

Last edited:
Steelers look like a better team at this point, I would be surprised if they don't make the playoffs.

With Locker healthy Titans would have been an easy playoff team IMO

...and now everyone's getting fired

With Locker healthy Titans would have been an easy playoff team IMO

...and now everyone's getting fired

I don't know about that now. He had a good start to the season but we don't know if he would have kept that up. Dude was hot garbage before that. Even my two buddies that are big Titans fans said he was trash coming into this season.

I've always thought that Tomlin would be a cool coach to play for. Just seems like a down to earth dude who can relate with his players.

Sitton said on Sports Radio 1250 in Milwaukee that he believes if injured quarterback Aaron Rodgers returned on Thursday in Detroit, the players on the Lions’ defensive line would deliver a cheap shot with the idea that they’d take a fine and a 15-yard penalty to hurt the opposing quarterback. Sitton said he thinks the Lions’ players play dirty, and that coach Jim Schwartz, defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham and defensive line coach Kris Kocurek encourage their players to play dirty.

“They go after quarterbacks, their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time,” Sitton said. “That’s what they do, that’s who they are. They’re a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. I mean, that’s just how they play. That’s how they’re coached. That starts with their frickin’ coach. That starts with their head coach, Schwartz. He’s a ****, too. I wouldn’t want to play for him. It starts with him and their D-coordinator and their D-line coach. They’re all just scumbags and so are the D-line.”

Snaps.

Sitton said on Sports Radio 1250 in Milwaukee that he believes if injured quarterback Aaron Rodgers returned on Thursday in Detroit, the players on the Lions’ defensive line would deliver a cheap shot with the idea that they’d take a fine and a 15-yard penalty to hurt the opposing quarterback. Sitton said he thinks the Lions’ players play dirty, and that coach Jim Schwartz, defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham and defensive line coach Kris Kocurek encourage their players to play dirty.

“They go after quarterbacks, their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time,” Sitton said. “That’s what they do, that’s who they are. They’re a bunch of dirtbags or scumbags. I mean, that’s just how they play. That’s how they’re coached. That starts with their frickin’ coach. That starts with their head coach, Schwartz. He’s a ****, too. I wouldn’t want to play for him. It starts with him and their D-coordinator and their D-line coach. They’re all just scumbags and so are the D-line.”

Snaps.

Here is this piece of **** taking a swing at Suh then diving at his knees. This was conveniently never mentioned by the media when Suh went ape **** and stomped ole buddy. 3 quarters of **** like this with no flag leads to an outburst.

Here he is flat out throwing close line and basically choking Suh. At least a holding penalty right? Nope.

But Suh's an unruly dirty player that reacts the way he does for no reason :rolleyes

Last edited:
The ironic part is that you only showed him doing it to Suh. Suh stomped out Dietrich-Smith not Sitton. What is so surprising about him retaliating and having his teammates back? If you're trying to prove a point other than Sitton was just retaliating dirty play with dirty play himself than show some clips of Sitton doing this to someone other than the Lions. I'm sure I could find clips of Suh playing dirty against teams other than just the Packers.

And I don't even know what I'm looking at in the YouTube video. Looks like any other play.

The ironic part is that you only showed him doing it to Suh. Suh stomped out Dietrich-Smith not Sitton. What is so surprising about him retaliating and having his teammates back? If you're trying to prove a point other than Sitton was just retaliating dirty play with dirty play himself than show some clips of Sitton doing this to someone other than the Lions. I'm sure I could find clips of Suh playing dirty against teams other than just the Packers.

And I don't even know what I'm looking at in the YouTube video. Looks like any other play.

You realize Suh's was kicked out the game after the stomp right?

All this happened before that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom