NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ron Rivera was a good choice.

Between where they were last year, where they started this year, nd how they finished the year it's night nd day.

Good job all around, Ron deserves it.

You can make a case for BB given that his TE had like 60 surgeries, and his other one killed a dude(s)

Rivera deserves it though. In a division where ATL and NO were supposed to dominate, the Panthers got that first round bye and had a hell of a year.

Andy also did a hell of a job, but man did that team fall off after starting 9-0.

I think Ron Rivera was a good choice.

Between where they were last year, where they started this year, nd how they finished the year it's night nd day.

Good job all around, Ron deserves it.

I don't know why the COTY always has to be about "being bad and then being good".

What about just.... being really good?

Riverboat Ron :pimp:

Darth Belicheck was definitely COY though, son was dealing with MAD injuries and other off the field ****, lost damn near all his best position players and the two captains of his defense. Also flipped his whole style on some chameleon ****, went old school ground and pound and other creative **** out of the backfield.

I agree 10027, COY should just be about who the best coach is, not who went from bad to good.

Last edited:
I mean. The panthers were REALLY good.

I think people are saying BB because of the "more with less" argument. Every team not names Seattle or San Fran has holes, every team has injuries. Not every team has Brady.

I mean. The panthers were REALLY good.

I think people are saying BB because of the "more with less" argument. Every team not names Seattle or San Fran has holes, every team has injuries. Not every team has Brady.
For me BB isn't necessarily about doing more with less, because I think that argument is really subjective.  It's about redefining the kind of team you are and creating new strategies from scratch multiple times over the year to adapt, while still staying near the top of the AFC.

I agree about the Panthers, which is why I don't think Rivera is a bad choice.  I just don't think he's ultimately the right one.

Last edited:
Definitely not an egregious choice but not mine, I'd go with Hoodie. COTY is one of those awards I simply go off feel. Stats, win totals from last year don't mean a whole lot. The only item I hesitate with in terms of BB is the conference. To take a team through the NFC just impresses me so much more. That said, William would still be my choice but congrats to Ron

The national writers usually go way too hard with the "turnaround" argument, which is why I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't choose Andy Reid this year.

That's how you end up with Ryan Grigson as Exec of the year last year, which looked vaguely bad then and now looks completely idiotic.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32270-1389724107-10.gif

Need this man to win the SB just because

The national writers usually go way too hard with the "turnaround" argument, which is why I'm pleasantly surprised they didn't choose Andy Reid this year.

That's how you end up with Ryan Grigson as Exec of the year last year, which looked vaguely bad then and now looks completely idiotic.

i think its because of the way the Chiefs season ended . public perception and their record in the 2nd half of the season had a lot of people not considering them a top team . also going from a non-playoff team to division winner in the NFC South that's been dominated by the Saints and Falcons over the past 5 years is impressive

Chris Johnson looks to be on his way out of Tennessee :frown:

Y'all remember how optimistic things looked after that 2000 yard season? Dude been mediocre as hell since :smh:

Maybe a change of scenery will help, he needs to go to a team with a franchise QB

Mmmmm.....

Deadspin
New York Jets tight end Kellen Winslow was arrested for alleged marijuana possession in a parking lot last November, but a newly released police report from the incident reveals that smoking weed may not have been the only thing Winslow was up to that day. He may have also been masturbating in his car.

This information comes to us from NJ.com's Dom Cosentino, who unearthed the East Hanover police incident report. In it, the witness who called the police on Winslow explains what she saw:

As she exited her vehicle, she commented to the male regarding how cold it was. As she stood near the open driver side window of the Escalade, she observed the males [sic] ______. She stated that she believed he was masturbating. [The woman] provided a written statement regarding her account.

The report states that when police arrived on the scene, Winslow's genitals were not exposed but that "two open containers of Vaseline" were visible on the car's center console. When police asked Winslow what he was doing, he told them he was just looking for Boston Market, which is our new favorite euphemism.

Browns wide receiver Davone Bess was arrested early this morning at Fort Lauderdale International Airport for allegedly assaulting a law enforcement official. It's been a rough week for Bess.

According to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, Bess was booked on three charges: assault on an officer/firefighter, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest. He's currently being held at the Broward County Jail. Not a lot of details at the moment, but we'll have more as they come out.

Update: Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald has the police report. Oh, Davone:

Bess was walking down the concourse "acting irrationally," singing, dancing with his pants falling down. — Adam Beasley (@AdamHBeasley) January 17, 2014

When the officer went up to Bess to have him stop, he crushed a cup of coffee on him, and got into a fighting stance. — Adam Beasley (@AdamHBeasley) January 17, 2014

Officer struck him in the leg with his ASP (his baton?), but it had no effect. Bess then took off his shirt, and got in fighting stance. — Adam Beasley (@AdamHBeasley) January 17, 2014

Officer: "He appeared to be looking through me when I was talking to him." — Adam Beasley (@AdamHBeasley) January 17, 2014

Via Denver Post:

Tom Brady career vs. Jack Del Rio coached teams/defenses:

7-0 record
171-235 (73%), 1,771 yards, 17 TDs, 0 INTs, 121.1 RAT

Via Denver Post:

Tom Brady career vs. Jack Del Rio coached teams/defenses:

7-0 record
171-235 (73%), 1,771 yards, 17 TDs, 0 INTs, 121.1 RAT

lulz. the broncos are not the jaguars. the leather jacket gawd del rio will be ready sunday.

:lol:

i heard that on the radio the other day. normally i'd be all over something like that. this year throwing to all the hobbits from the shire gives del rio a bit of a chance though :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom