NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kubiak is a favorite for the Ravens OC job. Well, Flacco can actually throw deep, so maybe he can get something done up there.

easy spider, it's all going to be fine

And being a fair weather fan really makes perfect sense :lol:. Bandwagon, not so much

Fair weather fans are a part of life. It doesn't bother me, I don't need everyone to obsess over the Seahawks to the same level I do.

As long as you aren't choosing your team or changing teams because they're winning, I respect your right to have your own degree of interest in sports.

Wish I had known Peyton was coming to JC,
Would've egged that mother ******.

:pimp:

I don't blame you and am in the same boat, I'm cool with Peyton's success as long as it stays in the AFC... anytime either of them Manning's come to my city with plans on leaving it with a W it's beef on site.

Last edited:
Fair weather fans are a part of life. It doesn't bother me, I don't need everyone to obsess over the Seahawks to the same level I do.

As long as you aren't choosing your team or changing teams because they're winning, I respect your right to have your own degree of interest in sports.
But that's the thing, people here do that. I've barked on quite a few "Giants fans" who didn't know the Jets were alive until they went to the AFC Championship back to back years. They were cheering louder than I was. I got real irritated. 

But that's the thing, people here do that. I've barked on quite a few "Giants fans" who didn't know the Jets were alive until they went to the AFC Championship back to back years. They were cheering louder than I was. I got real irritated. 

Oh yeah they all do that. Cue the video of that girl in Giants gear saying her favorite player is Mark Sanchez

With Giants fans being fair weather, and jets fans being loyal.
giants have had more success than the jets, so naturally there's going to be people who are going to want to latch onto that success because they want to be a part of something, but giants fans are fairweather and jets fans are loyal? you're delusional. back that statement up

Oh yeah they all do that. Cue the video of that girl in Giants gear saying her favorite player is Mark Sanchez
I remember that 
laugh.gif

When the giants win they talking down on folks and esp jets fans,

Then when they lost and the jets were winning, it was "oh I root for all NY teams"
eyes.gif

Giants win again and dudes start walking around again like it's some organization of sustained excellence
eyes.gif

At least the jets know they suck and they don't root for anyone else, props to their fans.
That backhanded compliment...

i can't talk about other fans in other areas, but there's never really been a rivalry between giants and jets fans here in the ny area unless they play one another. i've usually seen fans from one team cheering on the successes of the other when they're doing particularly well (and their team isnt'). it's never been like the mets vs yankess or rangers vs islanders rivalry at all

that got nothing to do with the giants. 

if the jets were ever to have a decent season like the giants have had, i bet you'd be able to find a similar person cheering on the jets in a equally clueless way

if the jets were ever to have a decent season like the giants have had, i bet you'd be able to find a similar person cheering on the jets in a equally clueless way

I don't disagree. They all more meant many NY football fans. Most I know switch sides from time to time.

I don't disagree. They all more meant many NY football fans. Most I know switch sides from time to time.
that's just sociology 101

you can say this about a lot of areas with multiple teams in the same metro area. just so happens that there's not too many of them across the country. nyc is a unique situation when you think about it

there's a core of giants fans and there's a core of jets fan - neither of which are switching places for either team at any time

then there's the filler - people who casually follow and like to watch the games because they like to tailgate or like the commercials or that sort of thing. it's these people who are going to put on a giants jersey when the giants are doing well and then put on a jets jersey when they're doing well and claim they're the biggest f ans of whichever team is doing better

got nothing to do with giants being fairweather or jets fans being more loyal or any of that. i question your knowledge of the way things operate in the ny tri state area if you actually believe that to be true

You're putting words in my mouth, I don't think Jets/Giants fans are any worse in terms of being fair weather than anywhere else. I also don't think there's anything wrong with fair weather fans, you can't have a parade without them.

I did say football is a distant 3rd sport in the city proper, which I hold to.

Last edited:
Buffalo has the most legit fans in NY tbh
This. And you know what? They suck too 
laugh.gif
. I went to school in Buffalo for a year and a half and having to suffer through watching Bills games was the worst, but you know what? They love their team. I can't get mad at their loyalty. However, they are a division rival.
I stand by what I said about Giants fans, I've seen it for the past decade.

Maybe football fans in NY are different.

giants / jets fans in northern.

Nah.
I have to go with this. There have been cases where all I say is I'm a Jet fan among Giants fans and they start chirping-unwarranted. I don't even speak bad about the Giants, but I get trash talk all the time from Giants fans. The only Giant I don't like is Eli, and it has nothing to do with him being a Giant. I never liked him since Ole Miss, he just happens to play for the Giants. 

When the giants win they talking down on folks and esp jets fans,

Then when they lost and the jets were winning, it was "oh I root for all NY teams"
eyes.gif

Giants win again and dudes start walking around again like it's some organization of sustained excellence
eyes.gif

At least the jets know they suck and they don't root for anyone else, props to their fans.
Lol kicks rocks with this bull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom