NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.. Doubt it..let's stay outta jail first, beat bg nd chi nxt.. Then y'all got a shot .. Lol
Dude said the defense is greatly improvEd.. Can't make plays from jail..
Them always in jail and having problems with the law is the first thing I thought about.

:lol:
Same guy that caught 15 passes a year ago?
He's got great footwork though, so he has that going for him.

Crooks...nice.

But no, i only say that because he will be the focal point of their passing game, at least a lot more than here. So i think he'll do as well as he can with whatever scrub the dolphins have throwing the ball.

Expecting 7 wins out of the Vikings this year if Ponder plays well.

One can only hope. It's possible, but pretty unlikely given that division. They should be improved from last year though.

Then again, they do play a last place schedule....We'll see.

Last edited:
Some of these QB battles around the league are putrid. Watching NFL Network now and they are highlighting the Cardinals.

Kolb v. Skelton......:x

Gabbert vs. Henne.......:x

Moore vs. Garrard vs. Tannehill......:x

Flynn vs. Jackson vs. Russellmania........:x

Weeden (unsigned) vs. McCoy vs. Wallace = Trent Richardson 4,000 yards rushing

Last edited:
The Pats have the easiest schedule in football this year after going 14-2 and making a SB run? Yikes.
Is there even a point for any AFC teams to play games this year? The conference is a wrap.
We'll be back in the SB without a doubt.

Rings without the use of a camcorder - 0. :pimp:

Some of these QB battles around the league are putrid. Watching NFL Network now and they are highlighting the Cardinals.
Kolb v. Skelton......:x
Gabbert vs. Henne.......:x
Moore vs. Garrard vs. Tannehill......:x
Flynn vs. Jackson vs. Russellmania........:x
Weeden (unsigned) vs. McCoy vs. Wallace = Trent Richardson 4,000 yards rushing

Flynn vs Russell is a good battle. From the very beginning they said as Russell came in he was turning heads and he would be competing for a starting position. I see Flynn winning it to start the year out but I wouldnt be surprised that if he slips up Russell will come in and impress. That or they have an issue like the Packers and have 2 good QB's and Russell finds a new home later on.

Detroit is going all the way. Going to have a strong run game, and an even more lethal passing game with the addition of Broyles. Defense needs to step it up but I think they are going to be ready with another year and a training camp this season. Can't wait :smokin

:lol:

9-7.

Why is Tarvaris Jackson still receiving a paycheck to play football?

looks at your panthers avy.....
OH.
Texans going 12 - 4 and to the AFC Champ Game :pimp: :pimp:

They are legit especially with that defense, their QB just needs to stay healthy.

I'm ready.

564536_10151142644298455_1676599592_n.jpg

One can only hope. It's possible, but pretty unlikely given that division. They should be improved from last year though.
Then again, they do play a last place schedule....We'll see.
True, I hope these new receivers came to play this season, Harvin and Peterson can't do it by themselves.
laugh.gif

9-7.
Why is Tarvaris Jackson still receiving a paycheck to play football?
Went to a Vikings game some years back when they had him, dude pissed me off even worse seeing him play in person.

More like Preseason clusters, but Preseason Power Rankings courtesy of NFL.com:

An annual reminder: The actual NFL season will be 500 times crazier than any preseason predictions. That's why we keep coming back.

Keep that in mind while checking out Around the League's first power rankings. This isn't a ranking of how teams finished last season; it's how they look for 2012.

Around the League will do our own set of power rankings this year, but they will look a little different. Instead of straight rankings, we'll group teams by tier. Because tiers clearly are less arbitrary.

Top Shelf: Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens

Half of the NFL's playoff population every season doesn't make it back. And yet we'll be stunned if any team out of this quartet doesn't make it to the tournament. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are stuck together with a dangerous Cincinnati Bengals team in the AFC North, so we shouldn't be that stunned. Green Bay and New England have the best quarterbacks in football along with young defenses that should improve.

Next level: Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs

It wouldn't be a surprise to see any of these teams in New Orleans this February. The Texans' young defense is scary; their roster doesn't have many holes. Philadelphia enjoyed a great offseason simply by retaining its best players. The Giants are deeper than ever; they just need Eli Manning's big jump in 2011 to stick. New Orleans has questions all over its defense, but Drew Brees covers up a lot of problems. We expect a big step up for a youthful, talented Chiefs squad.

Anything less than the playoffs for these teams should be viewed as a disappointment.

Contenders: San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawks

We tried to whittle this tier down, but it didn't make sense in August. Teams are more alike than different in the NFL, especially before the season starts.

49ers fans will not be happy but we expect some regression to the mean after a dream season. We're not convinced their passing game will maintain.

The rest of this tier could be elite if everything falls right, but the teams have enough holes possibly to struggle with reaching .500. There are few things about the Jets' offense that to like. The same goes for Detroit's back seven on defense. The quarterbacks get the blame in Chicago and Dallas, but Tony Romo and Jay Cutler are good enough to win titles if the rest of the team steps up. The Bengals must show they can beat quality competition. Atlanta has to be better than steady in a brutal division. If you could combine the Panthers' offense with the Seahawks' defense, you'd have a top-five team.

Not sold: Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans

Buffalo's offseason hype is worrisome. We love Chan Gailey, but it's hard to expect him to out-scheme the opposition all season. In Denver, there is a lot of assuming Peyton Manning will be Peyton Manning and that their weaknesses suddenly will disappear. The Titans could make noise in a weak division. After years of overrating the Chargers, we're hoping to underrate them.

Searching for mediocrity: Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders, Washington ******** and Miami Dolphins

Eight to nine wins from teams in this group are within reach, but they have an uphill climb. Arizona's improving defense might only be the third best in the NFC West. Oakland's defense will be in a year of transition. Washington and Miami have enough talent to hope for modest improvement. Playoff contention from anyone in this group should be considered a positive.

Bottom feeders: Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams and Indianapolis Colts

These teams are hoping for a miracle. Jacksonville at least has the pieces for a solid defense. Leslie Frazier's Vikings seem to be taking a step back before they can move forward. We worry about the coaching support around new Bucs head coach Greg Schiano. The Browns are stuck in the wrong division for rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden. The Colts have more depth chart holes than any team in the NFL.

If any of these teams make the playoffs, we'd have a strong Coach of the Year candidate.

Last edited:
You dudes are sleeping on the Lions. Off the field issues aside this will be a much improved team. Chicago will be a joke and will come in 3rd. Detroit and GB will be in a tough battle to the end of the season for first place in the division. I am expecting much better play from the defensive backs this year, if that happens Detroit becomes a legit contender for a title.

More like Preseason clusters, but Preseason Power Rankings courtesy of NFL.com:

An annual reminder: The actual NFL season will be 500 times crazier than any preseason predictions. That's why we keep coming back.

Keep that in mind while checking out Around the League's first power rankings. This isn't a ranking of how teams finished last season; it's how they look for 2012.

Around the League will do our own set of power rankings this year, but they will look a little different. Instead of straight rankings, we'll group teams by tier. Because tiers clearly are less arbitrary.

Top Shelf: Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens

Half of the NFL's playoff population every season doesn't make it back. And yet we'll be stunned if any team out of this quartet doesn't make it to the tournament. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are stuck together with a dangerous Cincinnati Bengals team in the AFC North, so we shouldn't be that stunned. Green Bay and New England have the best quarterbacks in football along with young defenses that should improve.

Next level: Houston Texans, Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants, New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs

It wouldn't be a surprise to see any of these teams in New Orleans this February. The Texans' young defense is scary; their roster doesn't have many holes. Philadelphia enjoyed a great offseason simply by retaining its best players. The Giants are deeper than ever; they just need Eli Manning's big jump in 2011 to stick. New Orleans has questions all over its defense, but Drew Brees covers up a lot of problems. We expect a big step up for a youthful, talented Chiefs squad.

Anything less than the playoffs for these teams should be viewed as a disappointment.

Contenders: San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Cincinnati Bengals, Carolina Panthers and Seattle Seahawks

We tried to whittle this tier down, but it didn't make sense in August. Teams are more alike than different in the NFL, especially before the season starts.

49ers fans will not be happy but we expect some regression to the mean after a dream season. We're not convinced their passing game will maintain.

The rest of this tier could be elite if everything falls right, but the teams have enough holes possibly to struggle with reaching .500. There are few things about the Jets' offense that to like. The same goes for Detroit's back seven on defense. The quarterbacks get the blame in Chicago and Dallas, but Tony Romo and Jay Cutler are good enough to win titles if the rest of the team steps up. The Bengals must show they can beat quality competition. Atlanta has to be better than steady in a brutal division. If you could combine the Panthers' offense with the Seahawks' defense, you'd have a top-five team.

Not sold: Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, San Diego Chargers and Tennessee Titans

Buffalo's offseason hype is worrisome. We love Chan Gailey, but it's hard to expect him to out-scheme the opposition all season. In Denver, there is a lot of assuming Peyton Manning will be Peyton Manning and that their weaknesses suddenly will disappear. The Titans could make noise in a weak division. After years of overrating the Chargers, we're hoping to underrate them.

Searching for mediocrity: Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders, Washington ******** and Miami Dolphins

Eight to nine wins from teams in this group are within reach, but they have an uphill climb. Arizona's improving defense might only be the third best in the NFC West. Oakland's defense will be in a year of transition. Washington and Miami have enough talent to hope for modest improvement. Playoff contention from anyone in this group should be considered a positive.

Bottom feeders: Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams and Indianapolis Colts

These teams are hoping for a miracle. Jacksonville at least has the pieces for a solid defense. Leslie Frazier's Vikings seem to be taking a step back before they can move forward. We worry about the coaching support around new Bucs head coach Greg Schiano. The Browns are stuck in the wrong division for rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden. The Colts have more depth chart holes than any team in the NFL.

If any of these teams make the playoffs, we'd have a strong Coach of the Year candidate.

:stoneface: @ the Falcons not being "next level"

Perhaps I am being blinded by my fan goggles but we are better than New Orleans and Philly.

:stoneface: @ the Falcons not being "next level"
Perhaps I am being blinded by my fan goggles but we are better than New Orleans and Philly.

Definitely not better than New Orleans or Philly. They are not next level yet because they have yet to get over that 'hump'. Sure you may have the pieces to win 10+ games but they have yet to prove themselves in the postseason. The defense is just not that good.

The blatant disrespect for the bucs is getting me aggy

Bucs really fell off the face of the Earth. Don't expect much from them this year.

You dudes are sleeping on the Lions. Off the field issues aside this will be a much improved team. Chicago will be a joke and will come in 3rd. Detroit and GB will be in a tough battle to the end of the season for first place in the division. I am expecting much better play from the defensive backs this year, if that happens Detroit becomes a legit contender for a title.

Not sold on Detroit's running game or their defense quite frankly. Chicago will be very dangerous this year with the addition of Marshall, he's just the guy Cutler needed and the guy that the Bears needed to put them over the edge. I can't even remember the last time the Bears had a legit #1 WR lol. The Lions have a very rough division and because of that I'm not sure if they're even going to make the playoffs.

OH.

LOL.

$100 paypal says Panthers go further then the texans..

Your record doesn't even matter since your in the weakest division in the league.

Last edited:
OH.

LOL.

$100 paypal says Panthers go further then the texans..

Your record doesn't even matter since your in the weakest division in the league.

Texans winning the division, panthers might not even finish .500 my dude :lol: it's not even being an **** head, just being honest :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom