NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell do you figure that they are better than the Saints??  HOW? 

Last edited:
Panther fan myself but with Bree in still in the south, no way we can win this division. But it's just down to us and the saints.

I'm def not worried about Falcons and Buccs.

Right cause a 4-12 team is unfairly ranked at the bottom.

They started 4-2, caught some injuries and then basically quitted on the coach. With the additions that were made you can assume they are better than bottom feeders

Panther fan myself but with Bree in still in the south, no way we can win this division. But it's just down to us and the saints.

I'm def not worried about Falcons and Buccs.

Really? Bucs loaded up this offseason and had a solid draft and Falcons made playoffs last 2 seasons.... But your not worried about them? Cam got y'all really feeling yourselves :lol:

People have no clue about the things that went on while Raheem was coach of the Bucs. He was best friends with all of them instead of actually being their coach. Schiano has already instilled more discipline in that locker room than we've had in quite some time. After having one of the best seasons as a quarterback of all-time in 2010 in his first year as a full-time starting quarterback Josh Freeman had a TERRIBLE year. Mike Williams put on weight and couldn't beat his man as a #1 receiver, Winslow's knees were on life support and Arrellious Benn didn't step up to be the #2 receiver he was drafted to be. McCoy got another season ending injury, Talib was injured on and off, Cody Grimm had another season ending injury, Price was still struggling with his hip injury and our best LB was a 3rd round rookie playing out of position. Sean Jones and Tanard Jackson was one of the worst starting safety duos in the entire league. Both of them are gone now, as is Winslow. Bringing in Pro Bowlers in Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks, adding Eric Wright as a #2 CB behind Talib, drafting Mark Barron, Doug Martin and Lavonte David and bringing in Dallas Clark is going to pay huge dividends this season. That running game of Blount and Doug Martin behind Nicks, Penn and Davin Joseph could end up being the best in the league. Freeman lost 20 pounds and should have a big season with that OL, their RB's and Vincent Jackson.

Really? Bucs loaded up this offseason and had a solid draft and Falcons made playoffs last 2 seasons.... But your not worried about them? Cam got y'all really feeling yourselves :lol:

LOL.. You were 10-6 last year and made the playoffs for the first time ever. Talk about feeling yourselves. Panthers future > texans

People have no clue about the things that went on while Raheem was coach of the Bucs. He was best friends with all of them instead of actually being their coach. Schiano has already instilled more discipline in that locker room than we've had in quite some time. After having one of the best seasons as a quarterback of all-time in 2010 in his first year as a full-time starting quarterback Josh Freeman had a TERRIBLE year. Mike Williams put on weight and couldn't beat his man as a #1 receiver, Winslow's knees were on life support and Arrellious Benn didn't step up to be the #2 receiver he was drafted to be. McCoy got another season ending injury, Talib was injured on and off, Cody Grimm had another season ending injury, Price was still struggling with his hip injury and our best LB was a 3rd round rookie playing out of position. Sean Jones and Tanard Jackson was one of the worst starting safety duos in the entire league. Both of them are gone now, as is Winslow. Bringing in Pro Bowlers in Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks, adding Eric Wright as a #2 CB behind Talib, drafting Mark Barron, Doug Martin and Lavonte David and bringing in Dallas Clark is going to pay huge dividends this season. That running game of Blount and Doug Martin behind Nicks, Penn and Davin Joseph could end up being the best in the league. Freeman lost 20 pounds and should have a big season with that OL, their RB's and Vincent Jackson.

They don't hear you though, all I'm worried about is the front four. If they play well bucs will be representing the NFC come january

The NFC South will be one of the most intriguing divisions in the NFL this year. I saw a stat about the NFC South having worst to first division winners from like 2003-2009 or something like that. A case can be made for each team in the South and as a football fan, I'm excited to see what happens.

I was thinking about that last night. I just didn't have any bold predictions to post at the time, but I'd like to see that thread BEFORE even the preseason.

LOL.. You were 10-6 last year and made the playoffs for the first time ever. Talk about feeling yourselves. Panthers future > texans

10 - 6 with a 3rd string rookie QB and missing 2 of 3 of our best players for a huge chunk of time, you guys are a year removed from the 1st overall pick, play in one of the better divisions in football and have a tough schedule coming up, alot is gonna have to fall into place for you guys to win the division let alone make the playoffs , I like Cam but let's see if he doesn't have a sophomore slump.

Slightly jealous of that. I was smiling ear to ear just watching 5 minutes of Arizona's skelly last night.

The fact that you brought up Eric Wright as your #2 corner is quite laughable. The dude is absolute garbage, and one of the worst free agent signings of the off season. Just like him, the Bucs are trash, from what happened last season there is no reason to think they are going to be a good team this year.

The NFC South will be one of the most intriguing divisions in the NFL this year. I saw a stat about the NFC South having worst to first division winners from like 2003-2009 or something like that. A case can be made for each team in the South and as a football fan, I'm excited to see what happens.
All four teams will be fun to watch. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Saints didn't make the playoffs. 1st they have to deal with all of the distractions on their own team, then each team in their division has improved. I think this will be a tough year for them, but I'm excited to see if Drew and this offense can help them overcome all of that.

You dudes are sleeping on the bears. this will be a much improved team, the lions will be a joke and will come in 3rd. Chicago and GB will be in a tough battle to the end of the season for first place in the division. I am expecting much better play from the defensive backs this year, if that happens Chicago becomes a legit contender for a title.

The fact that you brought up Eric Wright as your #2 corner is quite laughable. The dude is absolute garbage, and one of the worst free agent signings of the off season. Just like him, the Bucs are trash, from what happened last season there is no reason to think they are going to be a good team this year.

Oh. So signing Eric Wright negates the fact that we signed the best guard in the league and a top 10 WR. And had a great draft. And Freeman lost 20 pounds. And Greg Schiano is the perfect coach for this team. You guys and the Browns tried making Wright into your #1 corner, he's a solid #2 or 3 corner. Talib is also in a contract year with everything to prove that he's worth a big contract. I expect a monster year from him. Mark Barron and Ronde at safety is going to improve that secondary a lot as well.

you do know we lost our whole front 7 on D right?

Falcon...you cant be serious with Matt Ryan as QB. kid is a fraud. :lol:

yea the buccs have talent but can they put it all together in one season, i seriously doubt it.

Panthers and Saint are the only one who will win the South.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom