NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
that eli pic is comedy
laugh.gif

That Eli pic had me thinking of this gem
I could just picture him making sand castles all day with his imaginary friend Roman...then some lady out there starts drowning and bruh turns into David Hasselhoff.

So Fitz's mass is the reason why that horse "I can't" gif was floating around on twitter last night? :rofl:

Lmaaaooooooo at "I ain't even know dudes had butts"

Last edited:
Dez Bryant eyes 2,000-yard mark
Updated: March 26, 2013, 7:09 PM ET
By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant is confident that he's capable of becoming the NFL's first 2,000-yard receiver.

The 24-year-old Bryant believes his 2012 breakout season, when he caught 92 passes for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns, was just the beginning. Bryant had 50 catches for 879 yards and 10 touchdowns in the final eight games, numbers that would be among the best in NFL history if projected over a full season, and production that Bryant believes he can build upon.

"That's still scratching the surface," Bryant said in a telephone interview with ESPNDallas.com. "It's only going to get better, to be honest. I still have a lot to give. I feel like nobody's seen anything. Nothing.

"I feel like it can be a lot more than that. That's just being honest. I honestly feel like [2,000 yards and 20 touchdowns] can potentially happen."

Bryant, who played the final three games of the season with a broken index finger that required postseason surgery, said his confidence comes from his maturation, improved knowledge of the Cowboys' offensive scheme and passion to win.

The Cowboys finished 8-8 and lost the regular-season finale with the NFC East title at stake for the second consecutive season. A lower-back injury forced Bryant to leave the season-ending loss to the Washington ********, has kept him from running routes this offseason and might prevent him from being ready to fully participate in organized team activities this offseason.

Bryant, who needed a wheelchair to leave FedEx Field that night, said it took him a week to emotionally get over the loss to the ********. He has used that feeling as fuel this offseason, when he's been able to lift weights, run straight ahead and catch passes since the cast was removed from his hand.

"It just makes you want it even more," Bryant said. "I'm so confident. I view myself as an up-and-coming leader. That's how I view myself.

"With that attitude, you have to feel like anything's possible. That's how I feel."

Bryant credited former Cowboys receivers coach Jimmy Robinson, who was reassigned to a consultant role with the team this offseason, for playing a critical role in teaching him how to be a pro and strive for perfection. However, Bryant said he believes new receivers coach Derek Dooley, the former head coach at the University of Tennessee, can help him bring his game to a new level.

Bryant emerged as Tony Romo's No. 1 receiver last season, and that rapport continues to develop. While he hasn't been able to run routes for Romo this offseason, Bryant said they have communicated frequently, with Romo often sending the receiver inspirational text messages.

Bryant, who slid to the 24th overall pick in the 2010 draft due to off-the-field issues that plagued him during his first two years in the NFL, has avoided trouble this offseason. He has acknowledged that he was forced to mature after being arrested in July after an incident with his mother, Angela. The Class A misdemeanor family violence charge was conditionally dismissed in November, meaning it will be dropped if Bryant attends counseling and is not charged with any crimes for a year.

Bryant volunteered to speak at a rally called Dallas Men Against Abuse on Saturday, admitting that he made a mistake and challenging men to "X domestic violence out of your life." Bryant said his productive offseason is part of the continuing maturation process.

"That's all having to do with understanding me being a Dallas Cowboy, me knowing who I am as a person, just understanding that I'm a grown man," Bryant said. "It's time to be a leader. It's time to step up and just do what you need to do. Hold yourself accountable."

That's a message Bryant said he has taken to heart after hearing it over and over from Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, who recently expressed pride with Bryant's progress.

"He's just a really, really good young man," Garrett told reporters at the recent NFL owners meetings. "He's made great strides over the last three years. We feel good about the progress he's made, not only as a player but as a person. We all know from the background from where he came; he's really grown a lot.

"I think the consistency that he's shown in his personal life spills over [into] the consistency he's shown as a player and his production he's shown on Sundays."

Bryant believes he can build on that production and help lead the Cowboys into the playoffs for the first time in his career.

"No matter what I've done last year or what anybody did in Dallas last year, it don't mean nothing," Bryant said. "Stats mean nothing. You want to win. At the end of the day, you want to be strapping up for the playoffs.

"That's the way I go about my business. I love to work. I love grinding. I feel like I'm better under pressure. Whenever you want to win like I do, anything is possible."

Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com contributed to this report.

2,000 yards for someone who has six 100 yard games over the past three years.

Okay.

This. So glad he's a Cowboy. Watching his interviews and his answers are all about the team, getting better, and the team getting better. Reporters try and herd him into saying other stuff but he just keeps repeating like one two phrases it multiple times, it's so funny. He's a beast man and you can tell all he wants to do is beast at football, and he plays through injury like a true soldier. That dude is dedicated. I'm definitely have the rose colored shades but I can't see how people dislike him, or call him a bust/overrated/etc. oh well.

Semi-related note- He showed up and spoke at an anti-domestic violence rally in Dallas on his own. Good guy Dez.

Last edited:
I think a lot of the dislike for dez started with the backlash against rookie hazing and the whole jewelry deal. Just got off to a bad start imo

I think a lot of the dislike for dez started with the backlash against rookie hazing and the whole jewelry deal. Just got off to a bad start imo

Two years ago right here on this message board a long time poster said he thought Dez Bryant was as good as Calvin Johnson.

It was during the game in my avatar.

Stuff like that is why people on NT hate on Dez. Dude is a problem though.

Sidenote-

Nate Burleson might be you know, a little sweet :nerd:

Last edited:
Steelers really sticking to their guns and to Harrison by closing the door. Very surprised since he will be 'cheap'. Possibly the Pats pick him up? Who else?

I Get why he said it...its tired, perception, not true...

Its not like he throws ints at Elis level...THAT'S ALOT!

Let me guess, "numbers don't tell the whole story"right?

:lol: :lol:

You my dude and all VA but you gonna sit there and act like Tony don't chuck a lot of picks and does it at the worst moments to at that :lol:

Ad as for Eli he does the same thing, what saves him is his 2 SB rings and his game saving heroics, but I've questioned that in the past as well :lol:

Last edited:
Dez's hunger right now :pimp: What he did during the 2nd half of the season (including the last couple games with his broken finger) :x Dude is gonna go off this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom