NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 50 burger. 
smokin.gif

Good game to all the 9ers fans.  Close one.  A couple penalties away from this one- it was the big Gore run that really broke it.

Last edited:
nice statement at home by the 49ers…Seattle having home field is going to be the difference in the long run.

That wasn't a statement in my opinion. It was a divisional tussle.

people were questioning the 49ers and the opponents they beat, it's was a nice statement win.

They didn't play a perfect game but good enough to beat the best team in the NFC (granted at home)

Dammit Seattle, smh, wanted SF to lose that one...

My birds doe :pimp: :pimp: Shady the gawd :pimp:

Last edited:
That wasn't a statement in my opinion. It was a divisional tussle.

people were questioning the 49ers and the opponents they beat, it's was a nice statement win.

They didn't play a perfect game but good enough to beat the best team in the NFC (granted at home)

Niners put everything they had into that game. It was the definition of divisional familiarity. Their defense is extremely strong, but they didn't put the league on notice to me. Offense is still real suspect outside of Gore and the teams they will play in the playoffs know this.

You consider beating us by 2 points at home a statement?

I dunno if that's the kinda statement you wanna be making...

More importantly it's a must-have win for the 9ers in the standings though.  So that's good- no battle with Arizona for the wildcard yet.

A statement is emphatic. That was a run-of-the-mill division rivalry. You can bask as a fan in that victory all you want, but your blinding yourself from the reality that they have way too much to clean up on offense right now to have SB aspirations. That's just how any evaluation should read. Sorry that I can't confirm your biases that ya'll thrive on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom