NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
its clear he was released for his gang ties. did you even read the article?

“The fact is, [Jackson] was a ‘me-guy’ with an attitude problem and [Maclin] is the complete opposite, a team guy, a great character guy you go to war with,” said one source. “Funny how [Jackson] has this anti-bully thing and he thought he could push [Kelly] around; he found out otherwise. His being cut had nothing to do with the gang stuff. The team knew it. Everyone knew he had ‘ties.’ Those were his guys. That’s okay. What put him out was his selfishness. He can try and spin it all he wants how he’s ‘a team player.’ He’s not. I’ll put it this way, when it came out last Friday that [Jackson] was released, more than a few guys were happy it happened. They said ‘good riddance.’ He had no real connection with anyone.

:lol: I never respect that "unnamed source" stuff. Put your name on it.

Whoa
Oh for real he was All Pro???

All Pro don't mean **** when you get killed like that in the AFC Championship. Plus Denver's secondary has been lacking for minute now. You desperate as hell to be right.

Whoa, explosion

All pro impresses me, Pro Bowls do not

They impress me too but if it's somebody clearly on the downside of thier career I don't put that much stock into it.

With this specific case I dont have a problem with the teammates being unnamed. Seems to me the team respects Chip and they're showing they have his back. Throwing out names would just continue this media circus and that's not what they want. They want Chips name to be cleared and get back to focusing on just football.

Sounds like Desean was a pretty ****** teammate.

I knew he was a herb when i saw him throw down 10 stacks on a rap battle and then storm out like a petulant child when his guy lost :rofl: :rofl:

If i remember correctly Vick was a judge :lol:

But none of this is new. He's been this player since college. It's the main reason why he was available in the second round. Eagles knew it and were fine with it. Chip wasn't, not the team. Maybe some backups had a problem with him in the spotlight.

Those two are in line for a huge upcoming season in my opinion.
I agree; Julio was on pace for approxmiately 1800+ yds last year before getting hurt. Roddy has put up 1000+ yds in 6 consecutive seasons and would've done it again if he had not been hurt. As long as they stay healthy, they will be the best WR tandem, if not the best then a close 2nd behind Alshon and Marshall

I agree; Julio was on pace for approxmiately 1800+ yds last year before getting hurt. Roddy has put up 1000+ yds in 6 consecutive seasons and would've done it again if he had not been hurt. As long as they stay healthy, they will be the best WR tandem, if not the best then a close 2nd behind Alshon and Marshall
When healthy I think they are the best tandem.  They also have a better QB, in my opinion, than Alshon and Marshall.  As a Niners fan, I never like playing the Falcons when both guys are healthy.

Sounds like Desean was a pretty ****** teammate.

I knew he was a herb when i saw him throw down 10 stacks on a rap battle and then storm out like a petulant child when his guy lost
roll.gif
roll.gif

If i remember correctly Vick was a judge
laugh.gif
Not goona lie, he was salty the entire time and then Snupe just ended him. I also remember when he was ignoring Vince Young during the game and wasn't trying to finish his routes and was getting hammered with questions about it lol.

Youtube took down all the vids of it, but it's here...

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/12/desean-jackson-ignoring-vince-young-on-sidelines-video/

The interview:

His rap prodigy getting murdered (30min vid):

TO being cut divided a locker room; Desean being cut seems to have united a locker room.

I don't know how you can say that. It just happened and they're not even in the locker room yet.

Chris Johnson will do okay if he gets a line. I was never a big fan of his. Jets should really go after him.

Not sure why Dallas wants him unless he's playing defense for them.

I think I'd trust him to be side be side covering the WR than Scandrick, Claiborne, and Carr right now

When teams want a player they get him. It's not difficult. Cowboys signed Melton. Skins signed desean. Both were in "cap hell" at the time.

Skins were 30 mill under the cap when the season ended and your team was 20 mill over

It wouldn't surprise me if Kelce is the "source", dude couldn't wait to throw salt on twitter after Desean's release.

If I was an eagle fan I'd be upset that they're payin him 2 mill more to play for the Skins than the Skins are actually payin him

Last edited:

TO being cut divided a locker room; Desean being cut seems to have united a locker room.
I don't know how you can say that. It just happened and they're not even in the locker room yet.

Chris Johnson will do okay if he gets a line. I was never a big fan of his. Jets should really go after him.

Not sure why Dallas wants him unless he's playing defense for them.
I think I'd trust him to be side be side covering the WR than Scandrick, Claiborne, and Carr right now
Chilllllll....

We'll hold it down this year now that we removed the zone geezer from hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom