NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Seahawks-49ers rivalry is going to get even more real once of the star players on either team jumps ship the other side.

SMFH.

I'm surprised this didn't get any attention in here.

Roger Fidel and his cronies are more worried about catering to every fantasy football dork than anything else.

The Peyton Manning Rule[emoji]8482[/emoji] :smh:

So every time #18's receivers get thoroughly sonned in a playoff game they're gonna come out the following year with these "points of emphasis"? Okay, NFL. :rolleyes

Bill Polian could suck a **** forever for that move.

Repped and yeah I'm just trying not to think about this.

Changing rules because your golden boy loses....

Word smh

In about 10 years if not sooner its going to become pointless to be a defensive oriented team the way the NFL is going.

I said it back in November when the 49ers got screwed in New Orleans on that Ahmad Brooks hit on Drew Brees that if your going to hit a guy and possibly get that penalty regardless even if its a clean hit, then make that hit count and take the 15 yard penalty your most likely going to get regardless. I'm not saying play to intentionally injure or do anything malicious, but if your going to hit a guy, make it count. I get the player safety stuff but at the same time football is a physical sport.

Sucks to see the rules get changed like that though. I'm a 49er fan and obviously don't have much regard for the Seahawks but changing the rules like that is bs. I remember bill polian crying after that 03 afc title game because the patriots played rough so the rules got changed. Going info the 04 divisional round game, everyone was talking about how Peyton and Indy would finally get over the hump only to see them get smashed 20-3 in that game despite the rule changes.

In about 10 years if not sooner its going to become pointless to be a defensive oriented team the way the NFL is going.

I said it back in November when the 49ers got screwed in New Orleans on that Ahmad Brooks hit on Drew Brees that if your going to hit a guy and possibly get that penalty regardless even if its a clean hit, then make that hit count and take the 15 yard penalty your most likely going to get regardless. I'm not saying play to intentionally injure or do anything malicious, but if your going to hit a guy, make it count. I get the player safety stuff but at the same time football is a physical sport.

Sucks to see the rules get changed like that though. I'm a 49er fan and obviously don't have much regard for the Seahawks but changing the rules like that is bs. I remember bill polian crying after that 03 afc title game because the patriots played rough so the rules got changed. Going info the 04 divisional round game, everyone was talking about how Peyton and Indy would finally get over the hump only to see them get smashed 20-3 in that game despite the rule changes.

Bro, dont remind me of 03 and 04. :frown: Tears were shed. Especially the 04 divisional. I came into that game thinking, this is going to be better then last year, and boom it was worse. :frown:

And I felt bad from my bro. His birthday is on Jan 16th. Same exact day of that divisional game in 2005. Pops and I were so pissed, my dad and I kinda ruined my bro's bday.

He keeps reminding us every Jan 16th. lmao

But yes I do agree that the rule changing is stupid. I like a physical NFL. Now they have made it soft.

Because of all these rules changes I'm finding myself less interested in the NFL

It dilutes all the records and a semblance of fluidity with the history of the game

I just wonder how far the NFL is going to go with the rule changes.

I understand player safety is a concern and it should be, but where's the line at where they realize the game is too watered down with some of the rule changes that benifit the offense.

I hope a defensive player doesn't get seriously injured trying to make a tackle and moving his head or body in a way that makes him more vunerable to injury while trying to make a tackle or hit within the new NFL rules.

Funny part of it is how the NFL glorifies the steel curtain steelers. The doomsday Dallas defense, 85 bears, LT Giants etc and talks about them how their warriors yet the smash mouth way those teams played defense would be vilified, fined, and probably even suspended in today's NFL.

Imagine if a hit like leonard Marshall's hit on joe montana happened today to one of the NFL's golden boys what the potential ramifications would be, regardless if it was a clean hit.

I just wonder how far the NFL is going to go with the rule changes.

I understand player safety is a concern and it should be, but where's the line at where they realize the game is too watered down with some of the rule changes that benifit the offense.

I hope a defensive player doesn't get seriously injured trying to make a tackle and moving his head or body in a way that makes him more vunerable to injury while trying to make a tackle or hit within the new NFL rules.

Funny part of it is how the NFL glorifies the steel curtain steelers. The doomsday Dallas defense, 85 bears, LT Giants etc and talks about them how their warriors yet the smash mouth way those teams played defense would be vilified, fined, and probably even suspended in today's NFL.

Imagine if a hit like leonard Marshall's hit on joe montana happened today to one of the NFL's golden boys what the potential ramifications would be, regardless if it was a clean hit.

I don't even have an issue with the player safety stuff. Helmet to helmets, fine, teams can learn to tackle differently. It's the rules that just make it hard to play defense, hell I didn't like the rule change in 04/05 and that's changed the league dramatically. You just had an offense go out and set every offensive record from history... What more do you want?

Because of all these rules changes I'm finding myself less interested in the NFL

It dilutes all the records and a semblance of fluidity with the history of the game

I've said for years this is how I feel. I don't spend close to the same money I used to in the product. Heck last year I don't know if I spent a dime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom