NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you play as much as I do that's the only way to have fun.

I played with the Saints for from like 2003-til they actually won the Super Bowl then we drafted Stafford so I actually started playing with the Lions again.

That Saints' team in 2004 is best team I've ever had on a video game in my life.Aaron Brooks actually had a decent season so his ratings were decent, Donte Stallworth as the deep receiver, Joe Horn as the 1 and Jerome Pathon in the slot. Deuce coming out the backfield, The Beerman returning kicks....man I was a monster legitimately unstoppable.

I was a Drew Brees fan going back to Purdue when they signed him I legitimately thought about just making them my real team and giving up the Lions. I just didn't have any geographic ties to them or else it would have been a wrap.

Them winning in 2009 was my favorite non-Lions NFL memory.

Can't wait until my real team can give me some of those memories. :frown:

That's how I feel about the late 00s Raiders, from when Jamarcus got drafted to when he and Nnamdi left. Jamarcus was incredibly good because of his arm power and mobility. Defense was sneaky good with Asomugah, Dansby, Michael Huff... Picks all day.

I find myself rooting for the Broncos strictly for Franc. Ah NT and it's influence on life :lol:

Reactions: sb
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/get-ready-for-the-legion-of-boom-rule/

smokin.gif
SMFH.

I'm surprised this didn't get any attention in here.

Roger Fidel and his cronies are more worried about catering to every fantasy football dork than anything else.
A decade ago, the NFL made illegal contact and defensive holding a point of emphasis based in part on complaints from former Colts G.M. Bill Polian that Patriots defensive backs were manhandling Peyton Manning’s pass-catchers.  Now, the NFL is re-emphasizing the point of emphasis.
This year, the officials may be far more inclined to throw flags.  Per Pereira, the 2004 push to stop defensive backs from pushing and tugging and shoving receivers resulted in an increase in illegal contact fouls from 79 to 191.
The good news for Seattle is that, a decade ago, the Patriots won the Super Bowl for a second straight year, even with the renewed emphasis on mugging Manning’s teammates.
The Peyton Manning Rule[emoji]8482[/emoji]
mean.gif

So every time #18's receivers get thoroughly sonned in a playoff game they're gonna come out the following year with these "points of emphasis"? Okay, NFL.
eyes.gif

Bill Polian could suck a **** forever for that move.

Last edited:
I play Madden 06 on a PS2 every once in a while.

Never played a single game of Madden on the 360. Looks too clunky in terms of gameplay from what I've seen elsewhere.

SMFH.

I'm surprised this didn't get any attention in here.

Roger Fidel and his cronies are more worried about catering to every fantasy football dork than anything else.

The Peyton Manning Rule[emoji]8482[/emoji] :smh:

So every time #18's receivers get thoroughly sonned in a playoff game they're gonna come out the following year with these "points of emphasis"? Okay, NFL. :rolleyes

Bill Polian could suck a **** forever for that move.

Repped and yeah I'm just trying not to think about this.

Changing rules because your golden boy loses....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom