NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love the lions to win a Super Bowl.

Big Megatron fan.

I'm all for franchises that never won one/haven't in a long time.

Peyton can't win if the lions win.

BUT still a lot of football left to be played.

Thank you for making me look like an idiot in this training class.

I just pulled one of those laughs that you try to turn into a cough.

If you aren't missing a starting QB then you aren't missing as much as other teams that have dealt with that issue. But Lions have definitely had some big injuries

Last edited:
The Packers are not a good team, they're season is going as expected. Philly is going to destroy them just like NO did, maybe worse because their defense is terrible. If you got a good defense and can run the ball, they're lightwork. Y'all so gassed off Aaron Rodgers, that boy is defintely elite but he can't do it all.

Green Bay is mad overrated right now.  They're an okay team.  About on par with the 49ers and Seahawks, which means they aren't in the top discussion.  Tons of holes...  Destroying a horrendous Bears team doesn't change that.

if the refs don't allow cary Williams to get away with holding or whatever, I am scared for dude's soul.. literally..

laugh.gif
 Lions fans must be visiting the emergency room weekly this season walking around with erections for more than 4 hours.

Green Bay is mad overrated right now.  They're an okay team.  About on par with the 49ers and Seahawks, which means they aren't in the top discussion.  Tons of holes...  Destroying a horrendous Bears team doesn't change that.

any of those teams would beat the lions/cards/eagles in a playoff game

People don't trust the Lions cuz we've seen them look good and fall apart before and Stafford still hasn't proven much, as opposed to Aaron Rodgers who is a top 3 QB and has a ring. It's that simple.

I think the Lions take a dump on the Cardinals/Drew Stanton this weekend. Four tough games in a row coming up for them after their starting QB just went down. We'll see what they're really made of.....but I think this game will be the start of the downfall.

Last edited:
I think the Lions take a dump on the Cardinals/Drew Stanton this weekend. Four tough games in a row coming up for them after their starting QB just went down. We'll see what they're really made of.....but I think this game will be the start of the downfall.

I LOVE the Lions against the Cards this week; I think it's gonna be a very long game for Arizona

for anyone who wants to read this article on Sanchez; it's pretty good, IATT IATT shared it in the Eagles thread

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/12/mark-sanchez-philadelphia-eagles-nfl/

Arizona's defense won't allow it to be a long game. I see it being the same type of game they were just in with Miami.

I don't think people really pay attention to how impressive Arizona's defense is playing despite losing two of the guys they thought they'd be very reliant on.

Dockett and Abraham.

Abraham not even close to Dockett in terms of the impact they'd provide in the year 2014, but he was a LB they needed with Dansby's departure. In addition to both of those, one of the best defensive players in the NFL Calais Campbell missed two games in October. Let's just say the Cardinals are lucky as **** that he just happened to get injured and miss the two games when they're matched up with Oakland and Washington. :lol:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 Man I'm so glad the schedule makers placed Lions vs. Patriots in Week 12. If that game occurred early in the season when the Pats o-line wasn't stabilized...Ndamukong Suh would've impregnated Brady with Gisele's 3rd child. 

frown.gif

Last edited:
Well, the Buffalo Bills could only do it for a half and then Tom was getting the ball out quicker after he came out of the locker room and threw 3 TD.

The Bills and Lions defensive lines aren't that different in terms of quality. Detroit's is better, but we're on the margins here.

Kyle Williams is terrific, Mario Williams is still fine (especially since he's the third best DL on that team), Marcell Dareus, and Jerry Hughes has tortured a number of teams this season.

Ansah, Suh, and Fairley are all guys who could be No. 1 defensive linemen on most teams, so they're ahead but not by much.

I've learned to never doubt the Cardinals. Especially because of Bruce Arians.
Preach. People still doubt after Arians trotted out Stanton and Logan "TE" Thomas at QB for stretches. His work as interim HC with Indy when Pagano was out presented a strong indicator of good things to come in Arizona. Cards have been fortunate transitioning with offensive coaching from Whis to Arians.

I don't think people really pay attention to how impressive Arizona's defense is playing despite losing two of the guys they thought they'd be very reliant on.

Dockett and Abraham.

Abraham not even close to Dockett in terms of the impact they'd provide in the year 2014, but he was a LB they needed with Dansby's departure. In addition to both of those, one of the best defensive players in the NFL Calais Campbell missed two games in October. Let's just say the Cardinals are lucky as **** that he just happened to get injured and miss the two games when they're matched up with Oakland and Washington. :lol:
Perhaps even more so than Dockett and Abraham, the anchors in the middle, Dansby and Washington are sorely missed. Yet Arizona hasn't missed a beat with Bowles defensively.

Well, the Buffalo Bills could only do it for a half and then Tom was getting the ball out quicker after he came out of the locker room and threw 3 TD.

The Bills and Lions defensive lines aren't that different in terms of quality. Detroit's is better, but we're on the margins here.

Kyle Williams is terrific, Mario Williams is still fine (especially since he's the third best DL on that team), Marcell Dareus, and Jerry Hughes has tortured a number of teams this season.

Ansah, Suh, and Fairley are all guys who could be No. 1 defensive linemen on most teams, so they're ahead but not by much.
I'd take Suh over any other DT in the league, but as a tandem I prefer Williams and Dareus. The Bills' combo may lack national exposure and the same name recognition as "Donkey Kong" Suh, but they are the best interior DL pair in the entire NFL. People wanna dog Mario's huge contract, and at times rightfully so, but he has 30.5 sacks in under three seasons. Hughes has been playing well under the radar for a year and a half now, racking up sacks and pressuring opposing QB's like a terror.

Whole complexion of the defense changes when Alonso returns next season. Bradham coming into his own. The secondary has solid pieces and depth. Graham, McKelvin, Gilmore, Williams, Searcy, Robey. And plus, female Bills fans are hot from my experience at MetLife this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom