NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Don't think its ever happened but I'm going against the grain for this weekend. All road teams.

Ravens > Patriots
Panthers > Seahawks
Cowboys > Packers
Colts > Broncos

If I was to bet on any road team it would be Carolina. I think he has the Alien gods power on him from the way he punked that car wreck.
I like Dallas to win by 10-17 but I never bet on my teams.

graham is not better than gronk. dont know why thats still a debate.

in regards to receivers, there cannot be more than 5 considered elite. that word gets thrown around too lightly.

(goes back to bed)

Defense wins championships is the most overrated phase in all of sports

I posted the stat before in SB's with top 5 O vs D going against each other it's basically 50/50

Defense wins championships is the most overrated phase in all of sports

I posted the stat before in SB's with top 5 O vs D going against each other it's basically 50/50

I wont say overrated but yea it's still 50/50 from when I checked

Every QB left in the playoffs are potential game changers :pimp:

Coming from a dude who used to call Jennings Top 3, that's pretty funny.

LOL.
neither are top 3. Right now top 3 are Calvin, Dez and Antonio brown. Julio jones, and AJ green looking in. Jordy is like 8 or 9. Lower than demaryius
This is the problem with most NTer's WR rankings.  It's all about raw ability and not results on the field even though its an ever-changing "right now" list.

You said "Right now" as if Jordy didn't just go 98/1520/13 TD. 3rd in all pro voting where Calvin, Julio and Bey Bey didn't even get a single vote.

"Top 5 WR's I'd take in madden right now" - NTers

Last edited:
This is the problem with most NTer's WR rankings.  It's all about raw ability and not results on the field even though its an ever-changing "right now" list.

You said "Right now" as if Jordy didn't just go 98/1520/13 TD. 3rd in all pro voting where Calvin, Julio and Bey Bey didn't even get a single vote.

"Top 5 WR's I'd take in madden right now" - NTers

True about all NT rankings. But yes it's more pronounced with WRs.

This is the problem with most NTer's WR rankings. It's all about raw ability and not results on the field even though its an ever-changing "right now" list. You said "Right now" as if Jordy didn't just go 98/1520/13 TD. 3rd in all pro voting where Calvin, Julio and Bey Bey didn't even get a single vote.

...but there's no way Jordy would be selected over any of those 3 if you were starting a team. So what do the numbers really matter when it comes to today's inflated stats for WRs?

Jordy's 3 years numbers are damn near identical to when Jennings was there.

Then you bring up some BS on how you thought Jennings was a Top 3-5 "route runner" during his prime. LOL. Borderline Clinton Portis=Best Blocking RB stats you talking...

1358437364_449620676.gif

Last edited:
cmonson.gif

I also never said Jordy was top 3 seriously, I think hes legit 5-8th best WR.

There is, however, no disputing that he had a top 3 season this year.

Again, this aint "Who am I taking for my Madden Franchise?!!?" or even real life franchise at that.  

And you reaching like stretch armstrong if you think route running ability is to WR as pass blocking is to RB.

Last edited:

It's more pronounced with receivers because each year a guy you didn't expect forces his way into the conversation, josh Gordon last year, OBJ/maclin this year.

I agree with fraij that is ever evolving, the position is DEEP in this league. Brandon Marshall got hurt and became an afterthought but I bet week 1 he was I'm everyone's top 5(based off last year).

And it's silly to pretend like jordy doesn't benefit from arodgers throwing him the ball. Any receiver would do numbers with him. Imagine Dez or Julio in GB.

However I ain't gone front on JOrdys production. He puts up numbers and I gotta respect that. Antonio Brown led the league in everything, and I doubt he's #1 on most lists.

And you reaching like stretch armstrong if you think route running ability is to WR as pass blocking is to RB.

Where are the All-Pro numbers for those stats? I must have missed them.

Where are the All-Pro numbers for those stats? I must have missed them.
route running directly impacts a WR's ability to get open and produce "all-pro numbers", sport.

Aint no HB getting all-pro votes for keeping his QB clean on 3rd down.

route running directly impacts a WR's ability to get open and produce "all-pro numbers"

You've won me over with that argument chief. JJs School of Stats valedictorian I see. Where can I view the numbers for that though?

Or are you just sitting back in the lab watching the All 22 week in and week out writing your own numbers Barnwell?

Last edited:
1. Lord Beckham

2. Antonio Brown
3. Dez
4. Megatron

4. Julio
5. Demaryius
6. Jordy
7. AJ Green

8. Sanders
9. TY
10. Maclin

11. Alshon
12. Cobb
13. Mike Evans
14. BMarsh
15. VJax

16. Hopkins
17. DeSean
18. Tate
19. Kelvin
20. Andre Johnson

It's more pronounced with receivers because each year a guy you didn't expect forces his way into the conversation, josh Gordon last year, OBJ/maclin this year.

I agree with fraij that is ever evolving, the position is DEEP in this league. Brandon Marshall got hurt and became an afterthought but I bet week 1 he was I'm everyone's top 5(based off last year).

And it's silly to pretend like jordy doesn't benefit from arodgers throwing him the ball. Any receiver would do numbers with him. Imagine Dez or Julio in GB.

However I ain't gone front on JOrdys production. He puts up numbers and I gotta respect that. Antonio Brown led the league in everything, and I doubt he's #1 on most lists.
Calvin Johnson is the only player I can think of that put up huge numbers regardless of how trash his QB was.

Josh Gordon was good last year but even without him we say Hoyer's down the field game be among the top in the league numbers-wise.

Obviously Greg going from AR's #1 to playing with Ponder/Cassell/whatever bum they had used before Teddy who's still growing is going to drop his production.

Part of what makes Jordy good is the F150 he as with AR.  Not even Dez and Romo have the same kind of F150 between them most of the time.

Eli and Odell are creating some good F150 but I figure that it's mostly due to the fact they were out of the playoffs by week 9 and Eli just said "**** it, I'm throwing this kid the rock on every play"

Demaryius and Peyton have had great F150 together but even Bey Bey had a down year.

"Lowercase lol" :lol:

"best CB with no hands that the league has seen in years..."

:lol:

Can't believe that was over four years ago.

1. Lord Beckham

2. Antonio Brown
3. Dez
4. Megatron

4. Julio
5. Demaryius
6. Jordy
7. AJ Green

8. Sanders
9. TY
10. Maclin

11. Alshon
12. Cobb
13. Mike Evans
14. BMarsh
15. VJax

16. Hopkins
17. DeSean
18. Tate
19. Kelvin
20. Andre Johnson
Earlier i said sideways ish about ODB... I was drunk b

He's not Lord hes a Gawd,

da hands, da route running, da separation 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

That f150 comes from years together and football iq.

No knocking Jordy here man. Numbers don't lie, and he has em every year.

@stillin you gotta give Mac credit for this year. He really turned into a consistent presence and stayed on the field. Gotta duplicate it now.

Is there a position In the league as deep as receiver? Reminds me of point guards in the NBA currently. No matter your preference there's a loooong list of comparable and well qualified players at each position. So there's never really a right or wrong IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom