NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in those three Super Bowls?

22 of 37, 304 yards 1 TD 1 pick with an 83 rating
14 of 38, 257 yards 1 TD 3 picks with a 36 rating
10 of 26, 108 yards, 0 TD, 2 picks with a 19 rating

Congrats on making it through the weak, awful, pathetic AFC and getting washed when you faced real competition, horseface.

Warner > Elway

superior but only went to 1 superbowl.
until td, sharpe, mccaffrey, smith, and a good defense showed up did he finally win. but before they showed up he still lead his team to 3 superbowls. not 1 but 3.

Marino didn't win a Super Bowl until Ace Ventura showed up

His washed playoff games > Elway's prime Super Bowls

im sure marino feels the same way when he sees elway. look ches, marino was a great qb there is no denying that but you have had too many modelo especials today if you really believe he is the greatest. cp can throw out 1tb of excel sheets of stats, drafts and stories and it will not change. great, why not. greatest? nah.

Marino is the greatest QB I've ever watched. Chester gives two craps what you say. Some of us WATCH football, y'all just fanboy over dudes that look like their team logos. Elway is definitely in the top 15 QBs of all time, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's not even above Ben Roethlisberger. Ol' 300 TD 226 INT throwin boy

Watch a video of Dan Marino and appreciate the greatness. Show it to your kids. Make them emulate it. You'll live happy lives.

By the way, 28 year old Kurt Warner took a 4-12 St. Louis Rams team to the Super Bowl and won it his first full season as a pro.

Warner still > Elway

:smokin

Last edited:
From what I've seen your in one of two camps. First is the 'winner' camp. Montana is your GOAT, Brady may be number 2 and Elway is top 4. The other camp is 'best passer' camp. Maybe best stats. Marino is your GOAT. Peyton right there at #2

Choose your side

Third camp is the Johnny Unitas camp. It seems everyone that saw him play say he is the greatest. I may buy it

Last edited:
Warren Sapp is the greatest defensive lineman in the past 30 years.

Back to the QB circle jerk.

Bruce Smith and Reggie White question you

lawrence taylor :nerd:

And in those three Super Bowls?

22 of 37, 304 yards 1 TD 1 pick with an 83 rating
14 of 38, 257 yards 1 TD 3 picks with a 36 rating
10 of 26, 108 yards, 0 TD, 2 picks with a 19 rating

Congrats on making it through the weak, awful, pathetic AFC and getting washed when you faced real competition, horseface.

Warner > Elway

show me those 2nd and 3rd superbowl stats for marino.

where are you at bruh? might join you with them brews.

superior but only went to 1 superbowl.
until td, sharpe, mccaffrey, smith, and a good defense showed up did he finally win. but before they showed up he still lead his team to 3 superbowls. not 1 but 3.

Marino didn't win a Super Bowl until Ace Ventura showed up

even on ace ventura the dolphins loss the superbowl :rofl: . marino cant even win one in a fictional movie :rofl:

bruhs...crine :rofl:

From what I've seen your in one of two camps. First is the 'winner' camp. Montana is your GOAT, Brady may be number 2 and Elway is top 4. The other camp is 'best passer' camp. Maybe best stats. Marino is your GOAT. Peyton right there at #2

Choose your side

Third camp is the Johnny Unitas camp. It seems everyone that saw him play say he is the greatest. I may buy it

i think you need to look at camps 1 and 2 together. both are part of the position. can't discount either.

speaking of which...where do people see jim kelly? what if he won one of those SBs? not in terms of him being one of the GOATs. just in general, where do you have him? top 20? top 30? etc

I'm in the 'mix and match' camp dmx. Rings play a part, but when:
You were never named a first team All-Pro QB
Don't have multiple MVPs
A 56% completion percentage
QB rating under 80
Never lead the NFL in completion percentage
Never lead the NFL in touchdowns
Never lead the NFL in quarterback rating
Led the NFL in passing ONCE by 7 yards
Got your back blown out in big games until a team formed to carry your broken, on the way to the glue factory horse looking ***

and have the worst stats I've ever seen in a Super Bowl winning QB... yeah.

You overrated.

Still an all-time great tho.

Plus young Elway looks too much like Bieber to be a fan

john-elway-elite-daily.jpg

Can't do it

Montana better than both

Pass attempts 5,391
Pass completions 3,409
Percentage 63.2
TD–INT 273–139
Passing Yards 40,551
QB Rating 92.3

4× Super Bowl Champion (XVI, XIX, XXIII, XXIV)
3× Super Bowl MVP (XVI, XIX, XXIV)
8× Pro Bowl (1981, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1993)
3× AP First Team All-Pro (1987, 1989, 1990)
2x NFL MVP (1989, 1990) (AP, PFWA, NEA, SN, MX)
2× AP Second Team All-Pro (1981, 1984)
1989 NFL Offensive Player of the Year (AP, PW)
4× NFC champion (1981, 1984, 1988-1989)
PFW NFL Comeback Player of the Year (1986)
UPI NFC Player of the Year (1989)
1989 Sportsman/Athlete of the Year (AP, SN)
1990 Sportsman/Athlete of the Year (AP, SI)
1977 NCAA Division I National Champion
Cotton Bowl Classic MVP (1979)
NFL 1980s All-Decade Team
NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team
San Francisco 49ers #16 retired
Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee (2000)

Am convinced that Marino better than elway

speaking of which...where do people see jim kelly? what if he won one of those SBs? not in terms of him being one of the GOATs. just in general, where do you have him? top 20? top 30? etc

I was thinking that earlier. He led some great offenses. I also wonder if he got just one of those Super Bowls if he would be looked at in that next tier. It's hard for me remember for sure a lot of these guys in detail except that they were really really good.

P.S. My first year playing quarterback I wore 7 because of Elway. I admired his toughness. :lol:

Last edited:
The way some of yall look at stats cannot judged against the game was played way different in the 1980s and most of the 1990s

Balanced to smash mouth Football ruled the day for variety of reasons

I'll get into this more in like a couple hours, I got make a drive

Last edited:
The way some of yall look at stats cannot judged against the game was played way different in the 1980s and most of the 1990s

Balanced to smash mouth Football ruled the day for variety of reasons

I'll get into this more in like a couple hours, I got make a drive

WE PLAYED WITH A UPS DRIVER AT RUNNING BACK.

The ****** Fed Ex guy couldn't pass block, so we went UPS.

And you wanna talk ground game, and not on the defense. :rofl:

God Damn dude, get a clue already. I'm telling you, I watched those games, I grew up with those teams, I've studied those rosters/picks/players FOR YEARS and you tellin me it's on the only ******* good player the franchise had. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was washed by the time Jimmy got there. I bet those are the games you watched and you feel like you got a grasp on his career. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom