NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not even close to being very excited yet.

Watching a game that doesn't involve your team is very boring. But, within your team, there are a lot of important roster battles going on for backup spots and even some starter spots. That's enough to get me excited. Plus, just getting a mere glimpse of your starting team gets me all giddy too :lol:

I'm with y'all to a degree, but y'all don't like watching your rookies/bubble players jockey for positions on the final roster?

Edit: Kobe4MVP12 just stated my exact thoughts :lol:

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind at all watching the Vikings, but the problem with preseason is that Sunday Ticket doesn't air those games and they start at like 4pm my time and I'm at work until 6:30. I pretty much just have to read about it or catch a highlight.

[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Roddy White Finally Made Good On That Twitter Bet[/h1]
fuz1jbhvqbtlul2o2iud.png

Back in March, Falcons wide receiver Roddy White got on Twitter and made a foolish bet with a guy named Brian Hoyt on the Duke-Mercer game. White told Hoyt that he'd give him Falcons season tickets if Mercer beat Duke. Of course, Mercer went on to win. Oops.

Immediately after the game, White came under plenty of fire from people on Twitter who wanted to see him make good on his bet. We haven't heard much since then, though, and everyone just kind of assumed that nothing was going to come of it. But it turns out that White really did make good, and then some. From the Atlanta Journal Constitution:
Mercer won. White paid off … only after endless prodding by people on Twitter (go figure). Actually, he far exceeded on his promise, giving 20-year-old Dylan Hoyt two Falcons season tickets, two Super Bowl tickets, sideline passes to a home game and the chance to come to training camp one day as White's guest.
To his credit, Hoyt told the paper that he never really took the bet seriously, but he's got to be feeling pretty good today. That's quite the haul of goodies for an afternoon spent ******* around with athletes on Twitter.
Damn

The kid came up
banderas.png

i feel like you're convincing yourself that you're not excited, man. not even a little? especially with the new present you guys got in Minny? i'd be chomping at the bit to see him take the field.

I am man, there's a lot of new faces for our team so I'm curious to see how they look in a real game. I know it's *just* preseason, but the battles for making the team at LB, SS, CB and WR are intriguing to me and I'm curious to see how they unfold. Of course the starter job as well, but I'm really indifferent to who starts.. nothing would be lost if Bridgewater sits for a few games or even the whole season.. I think it's better than throwing the dude out there just to do it.

I wouldn't mind at all watching the Vikings, but the problem with preseason is that Sunday Ticket doesn't air those games and they start at like 4pm my time and I'm at work until 6:30. I pretty much just have to read about it or catch a highlight.

NFL Network usually re-airs all the preseason games from the previous week, which may be able to fit your schedule a bit better.

That's true, Toretto. But I guess by then, I already know what happened and it's meh.

i feel like you're convincing yourself that you're not excited, man. not even a little? especially with the new present you guys got in Minny? i'd be chomping at the bit to see him take the field.

Maybe, kinda. It's more just leveling my excitement. Don't want to get into a tizzy about football on August 7th because then it just becomes a month long tease.

Last edited:
Quote:

i have been excited these past few seasons and it didnt change when griese, plummer, cutler, orton or even tebow were qbs. i just approach every season with a positive attitude and trust that the team is on the path to contend and here we are today.  i prefer to look at the glass half full than empty.
This. I remember a few years ago everyone kept asking me why I was even a Broncos fan. This was around the time we would need like one game to get a wildcard chance, and end up losing to the Chargers
mean.gif
. I have high hopes this season for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom