NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody thinking Brady all shook up from deflategate.
But dude really shook about playing this defense.
The Seahawks have more speed and athleticism on just their DEFENSE, than the Patriots have on their ENTIRE team.

I'm amazed at how Blount, Vereen and Gray are considered to be the Patriots X factors.
Just because Blount had a good game against the COLTS, doesn't mean he will have a good game against the SEAHAWKS :lol:
Matter of fact I'm positive he won't have anywhere near the same success he had in the AFC Championship Game, in the Super Bowl.

Everybody thinking Brady all shook up from deflategate.
But dude really shook about playing this defense.
The Seahawks have more speed and athleticism on just their DEFENSE, than the Patriots have on their ENTIRE team.

I'm amazed at how Blount, Vereen and Gray are considered to be the Patriots X factors.
Just because Blount had a good game against the COLTS, doesn't mean he will have a good game against the SEAHAWKS :lol:
Matter of fact I'm positive he won't have anywhere near the same success he had in the AFC Championship Game, in the Super Bowl.

I hate you are ****boys fan because I agree with you on damn near everything else.

Torn on the superbowl. Hate the Pats, but wouldn't mind seeing all the bandwagon Seahawk fans up here weeping if they get their butts kicked.

Just came in to say,

Hope Tom shady and billicheat get this L

And Russell Wilson adds another ring to the resume :smokin

Last edited:
Before the season started, FTD switched his fandom from the Cowboys to the 49ers probably anticipating at worst for the 9ers another NFCCG appearance.

As you know the 49ers season was a complete debacle: They missed the playoffs entirely. Kaep regressed and wasn't the man anymore. They "parted ways" with the best coach they've had in years because while he was successful on the field he butted heads with management. Also add the fact that it appears they hired a Yes Man to replace said coach.

Meanwhile the Cowboys did not have their usual mediocre season; won the NFC East for the first time in years and also won (not without some controversy :lol: ) a playoff game.

Coincidence, I think not.

I see...

My first thought is to pick the Pats to win cuz they're more complete but I've been picking against Seattle in both of their Super Bowl runs and been wrong lol. It's starting to feel like **** just goes right for this team. Sherman's tip pass last year, the dropped on side kick this year. They can blow teams out or make plays in the clutch. They just know how to close games. Seattle 21-17.

so we're the underdogs i see...

me likey those odds 
pimp.gif

Torn on the superbowl. Hate the Pats, but wouldn't mind seeing all the bandwagon Seahawk fans up here weeping if they get their butts kicked.
But who do you hate... MORE?

We all hate the Pats, 'cept Pats fans.

We're all annoyed by Sehawks fans, 'cept Sehawks fans.

annoyed > hate

Go Hawks.

Maxwell (Lennox) ain't better than browner they ain't wanna pay him that was all
Put maxwell in Belly 2 by the way after he gets cooked by Edelman tomorrow

Big fan of Teddy
smokin.gif

Larry Fitz gonna go to Minny?
nerd.gif

Hoping so. I'd say it's more than just a good possibility because of Minnesota being his home state. Still does lots of community work there and has a camp I think.

He's the exact type of receiver Teddy needs. I don't think he'll explode back into top 5 in the game Fitz, but just his sure hands and the way he can get position on DB's to snag anything will make life a lot easier on Teddy. Be a huge redzone thread.

DarthSKA with the flawless gif execution :smokin

I actually believe the Pats D is underrated as well, can't say they're as good as Seattle's though. But playing against an inferior Seattle offense NE's D doesn't have to be as good as Seattle's. Classic matchup tomorrow, true pick em IMO.

DarthSKA with the flawless gif execution
smokin.gif

I actually believe the Pats D is underrated as well, can't say they're as good as Seattle's though. But playing against an inferior Seattle offense NE's D doesn't have to be as good as Seattle's. Classic matchup tomorrow, true pick em IMO.
Agreed; they're underrated, but not on par with the best defenses in the league.

And it really is a pick 'em tomorrow.

Whoever scores the most has a good chance at coming out on top.

laugh.gif
@ the Pats being underdogs
Also 
laugh.gif
 @ the defending champs being underdogs as well. It's a toss up 

DarthSKA with the flawless gif execution 
smokin.gif

Agreed; they're underrated, but not on par with the best defenses in the league.

And it really is a pick 'em tomorrow.

Whoever scores the most has a good chance at coming out on top.

Last edited:
maxwell is easily better than browner
I agree. I heard Greg Cosell say that Maxwell is vastly overlooked and is a very good corner. He also said Doug Baldwin is a very good receiver, but is more suited for the slot. 

I honestly think Seattle will absolutely dominate this game. They have found their pass rush as of late and have been getting sacks. Brady will be on his back a lot in this game. New England's defense really struggles against the run and the read option. Lynch and Wilson will be getting loose. Seattle has faced much more potent and talented offenses this season in Green Bay and Denver, and have shut them down. I can't see the Pats winning this one. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom