NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we at least say Chip held him back? :nerd:

chip definitely incorporated sproles and polk a little more but Shady also had plenty of opportunities. He went down a lot more on first contact and tried to find holes that weren't there. Something looked off about him last season and I'm not sure if it was that preseason turf toe thingy

But 2yrs ago yall was saying he was the best back in football!!! one bad season *which I think was still pretty good* I don't get the switch off already?!?

Last edited:
So y'all rebuilding now? Or semi? Ok. :lol:

Like I said time will tell. A lot of faith in a coach that hasn't done a damn thing.

if you overhaul a roster then you are rebuilding, concept isn't that hard to understand

if you go get a rookie QB in he draft you build for year 2 and 3 to take the big step towards a SB

But 2yrs ago yall was saying he was the back in football!!! one bad season *which I think was still pretty good* I don't get the switch off already?!?
Talking about two years ago and switching off

nerd.gif

chip definitely incorporated sproles and polk a little more but Shady also had plenty of opportunities. He went down a lot more on first contact and tried to find holes that weren't there. Something looked off about him last season and I'm not sure if it was that preseason turf toe thingy

But 2yrs ago yall was saying he was the back in football!!! one bad season *which I think was still pretty good* I don't get the switch off already?!?

He's an nfl RB.. 2 years ago he was 25

In another 2 years the bills are going look foolish if they give him a new deal

Last edited:

He's an nfl RB.. 2 years ago he was 25

In another 2 years the bills are going look foolish if they give him a new deal

Ain't he 26? I'm saying yall was saying he was the best best back football just a year ago

Last edited:

His *off year* was better than a lot of running backs *best years*, but I think when you look at the context of the RB in Chips offense, Shady doesn't hold as much value as he would on another team that needs a home run or big play threat. I'd much rather have that downhill guy giving you + yards consistently than having Shady break one for 15 and then run give you 0 yards on the next 3 carries. Not taking anything away from Shady at all, but I think Chip has his vision in what he wants and values in a RB, and Shady must have not fit the bill. I'm sure this trade has many fans torn in some way, sucks to see him go but there's a lot to be excited about

But 2yrs ago yall was saying he was the best back in football!!! one bad season *which I think was still pretty good* I don't get the switch off already?!?

Who were you rooting for 2 years ago :nerd:

His *off year* was better than a lot of running backs *best years*, but I think when you look at the context of the RB in Chips offense, Shady doesn't hold as much value as he would on another team that needs a home run or big play threat. I'd much rather have that downhill guy giving you + yards consistently than having Shady break one for 15 and then run give you 0 yards on the next 3 carries. Not taking anything away from Shady at all, but I think Chip has his vision in what he wants and values in a RB, and Shady must have not fit the bill. I'm sure this trade has many fans torn in some way, sucks to see him go but there's a lot to be excited about

This is what I wanted to hear...he doesn't fit chips system. He'll flourish in Buffalo :smokin

I still think shady is a good RB.. I'm not sure when anyone said he wasn't (as people are claiming)

However he was extremely expensive at a position where hardly anyone really pays any money.. Plus year after year it is shown guys can be selected later in the draft and come in and be effective

I had no problem moving shady in any potential deal before today, because I have no problem getting out 2-3 years early for the greater benefit of the team

Now we have 1 less position we have to consider in free agency and in the draft

A position that we have been literally patching together the last 2 years, may actually be a position of strength now with kiko and kendricks

Last edited:
This trade is beyond stupid to me. We're giving up Shady for a LB who didn't even play all of last season? :smh: What the hell is Chip doing with this team? :x

That's like the crazy stalker chick that goes through all your tweets, IG and txt msgs to find some ish the feels is real :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom