NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I been saying that since I seen him In college ballerific. I'd bet my life dude isn't going to do anything against real talent.

@AdamSchefter
By next week, NFL is expected to increase size of practice squads to 10 players from 8, per source. So 64 more jobs.

Manziel needs to grow up 
mean.gif

We're 2 weeks into the preseason and Manziel will already be a bust....people saying Jared Zabransky >, etc.

Let's not forget that Hoyer looked like **** also. Their QB situation will sort itself out and I hope yall have the pitchforks out for Bortles, Bridgewater, etc. when they eventually **** the bed as well. It's a rite of passage for rookie QBs. Manziel WILL get better.

As far as giving the Skins the finger, I guess what happened was the Skins bench was messin' with him and he just gave the salute when going back to his sidelines. They (skins) were laughing about it. I agree, for a guy who has the microscope on him 24/7, it's not a good look....however, it's much ado about nothing and ESPN will move on to something else for next week.

I'm as big a Manziel supporter as there is but he didn't even look like an NFL quarterback last night. Hoyer looked awful as well.

That Browns defense is beast mode though :pimp:

The Browns suck...what else is new

The game last night was almost unwatchable

Football in general is becoming a worse product with the Refs throwing flags ever other play

Manziel is human and **** talked im sure on every single play, i don't care that he flicked some one off, I also don't care that josh gordon smokes pot.  

The Skins are going to suck this year (life long pessimistic skins fan)

The Peyton Manning Rule will disappear in the playoffs like every year.  Refs swallow their whistle on all those calls in "the more physical" playoffs.  "They won't call that in the playoffs" 
mean.gif

Hoyer should be the starter. No doubts at all.
Because Hoyer has earned it, or because Manziel has lost it? I agree w/ you, but more because Manziel has ***-clowned his way out of the starting lineup.

Well, because Manziel hasn't done anything to warrant a change. Hoyer has had success, albeit small, in the league already and I think he was the de facto starter coming in unless Manziel really shined, which he has not.

It's way too early to completely write-off Johnny though.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm surprised there hasn't been any improvement in that area for RGIII. If he doesn't change quick then I wouldn't be surprised if Cousins takes over the job permanently some time this season.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm surprised there hasn't been any improvement in that area for RGIII. If he doesn't change quick then I wouldn't be surprised if this is Cousins' team come next year.
The sad truth.

Guy just doesn't seem to get it even after the knee surgery and all the coaches making it a point that he has to protect himself :smh:

RG3 needs to stop taking those hits or it's gonna be more of the same for him

Definitely. I agree with that. That boy can't slide to save his life. :smh:

But besides the sliding and that pass he forced I thought he looked good last night. Still has a lot to learn but if the line can somehow protect him I think he do great in the pocket.

Ryan Grant is a on the squad no question.

And I'm liking the aggressiveness of the front 7.

That being said if either of the browns QB's could throw it would have been a probably for the skins. Because dudes were running wide open all night. :smh:

The sad truth.

Guy just doesn't seem to get it even after the knee surgery and all the coaches making it a point that he has to protect himself :smh:

I just don't understand it homie. This guy just thinks he can out run everybody on every play. :smh:

Didn't like what I saw yesterday. Manziel looked bad with his mechanics and wasn't reading the blitz well. I think his ability to just roll around in college stunted his ability to make line of scrimmage calls. The ******** at one point just starting blitzing like crazy abd the browns had no answer. Lots to work on, but it's not over.

The browns offensive line was bad for Hoyer and Manziel and I really hated that they only gave Hoyer two drives, then swapped qbs, then switched back. No consistency.

It's too early to give up on Manziel, I'm tellin' ya'll.

Not saying he'll be great or last in the league as I'm still 50/50 on him, but it's not time to throw in the towel.

I honestly never thought he was going to anything in the NFL... I just don't see it.

Unless they get a great run game. And a top 10 defense. (Which can actually happen because their defense is definitely getting better.) I don't see him succeeding with the browns.

Guys Johnny Manziel is not the kind of QB to succeed in the NFL. Don't know why people are expecting him to be great. He don't have the tools.
Yup. Dude can't run around like he did in college. 

His mechanics are awful, he is ALWAYS off balance, bad decision making...now, I know it's still preseason, but I don't see Manziel being successful in the NFL.

After he completes a few passes then he'll be able to run more than he has been. Like last week. The 'skins brought the house and he couldn't escape, but mainly, he wasn't completing any passes to get their D to back off. Manziel, like many others, is a rhythmic passer. He'll get hot and torch a defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom