NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were offered a 1st rounder for Bradford...and you already have Sanchez on the roster as someone who can be a placeholder, you'd take the ******* pick.

Chip is soooooo full of **** :rofl:

1st round pick for Sam Bradford and you DON'T take it??? Yeaaaaaaaa

re: Revis

Even though the sources are attributed to people around the league...I thought it was a spin job when I first heard about it too. But if you follow the timeline of each news break, it starts to make a lot more sense.

Schefter reports around 4 PM that the Pats think Revis already made his decision and is going to the Jets. They're not 100% sure though.

Shortly after that, we get all types of new reports about X, Y, Z team is now suddenly in the running or has "interest". Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, etc. Schefter reached out to Buffalo and they shot it down quickly. The timing of this should raise some eyebrows. 

I think it's pretty safe to say his agents leaked the contract offers and drummed up the "developing" bidding war situation. Everyone knew it was always between the Jets or Patriots from the start. Revis and his guys are ALL about leverage, and they got everything they wanted + more from the Jets...

There was also a pic of Revis yesterday (in bright *** daylight) smiling next to a Jets helmet. But he agreed to terms and news broke at 9:30PM? 

I disagree with whoever says it makes the Pats look "smart" or whatever. There's nothing smart about letting your starting CB's leave after a SB.
mean.gif

All because Kraft/BB weren't willing to go the extra mile...

Harbaugh fired
Gore left
Justin Smith retired
Willis retired
Crabtree is leaving
Lupati left
Bruce Miller arrested

By far having the worst offseason this year :lol:

Last edited:
Watching this Chip presser. Couldn't take him seriously once he said that he thought Mariota was the best QB in the draft.

The rumor is the Eagles are going after Murray even harder now that they signed Mathews? I wonder which back gets hurt first.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I'm a Dolphins fan... No a secret in there. I love what they've done. Knighton thought he was Suh and didn't want market money, Raider got Dan Williams, who I said before the season ended in the Dolphins thread, I wanted them to take a run at. All good moves, didn't over pay, and can address WR, CB, Safety, and RG/RT depending on where they put Howard.[/COLOR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom