NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
He sounds a little bitter

Schools put the student athletes in those classes because they don't have the time, discipline or background to compete in those harder classes and majors

Ehhh, thought what he said was common sense. Either way, it's good to see it come from someone that was poor and struggled. Not everyone has the same opportunities. My first thought when I heard the news was, what kind of family does he come from? Didn't even make his millions yet and he's out. He must have a great backup plan.

Isn't Greg Hardy suspended for the first 10 games?

Last edited:
I knew it wouldn't take long for the "bitter" comment. :lol:

There's nothing bitter about those comments, it's the truth and reality for a lot of these guys. Some with bball players too.

Last edited by a moderator:
So apparently Michael Bennett had demanded a trade to the Atlanta Falcons...

@ProFootballTalk: Report: Michael Bennett wants to be traded to the Falcons, and a new contract too http://t.co/bX0zktS1JF

Last edited:
Ehhh, thought what he said was common sense
exactly.. universities only care about the guys being eligible for the games.. and for a majority of these guys, they are more than happy to go along with things (and then you have the under the table stuff that goes down)

their investment literally only goes for as long as they are with the school and able to play that particular sport.. they would love if the kid goes on to be a professional athlete, because then they could make a bigger name for the school and donate money

It wasn't a shot it just a joke but is that what you're predicting? Your post before seemed like it and you're pointing to an inferior on the field product as the cause.

Problem is there's not a single data point out there that comes close to suggesting that the NFL's current product is in fact inferior compared to 5,10,15 years ago. 

No worries on the comment then. My thoughts on a potential downward trend in popularity is very long term, 25-30 years for the effects of rule changes, reduced quality of talent on the field and lowered participation on all age levels. Something that is all theory since we won't still be on this board to compare results. As I said earlier IMO the quality on the field is lower than it used to be but revenue does not respond instantly. It tails behind and we have no idea how long that tail could be. While all financial data points show the NFL is stronger than ever, don't forget the market is expanding as well, however I'd agree that to this pont an inferior product hasn't had an affect. In fact the only data point trending in the negative is live attendance (that I know of). And the NFL may be such an anomaly that it might go against what 'theory' says should happen

Last edited:
Bennett took a below market value deal to play under Quinn, it's no surprise he wants to follow his DC and be properly compensated. He played better than $7M/year.

Of course it is subjective but the revenue stream always tails behind. When a company offers an inferior product line, it usually isn't an instantaneous decline in interest and cash. It's the beginning of a long term trend. If you don't think that a talent pool with diminished skills and rule changes which most subjectively agree has made the game less enjoyable will have a long term negative effect then I guess we will never agree on the subject
dont care if they are making more money then they ever have. the product has become inferior to what it once was. i hate the money argument . the highest grossing films arent the best , soccer is the most popular sport outside the us iircc . nfl has changed for the worst . football was my favorite and number one sport all through the 90s ,as much as i still love football it isnt what it was, it has gotten worst and i understand why but it is what it is. football changed and i started watchin and liking the nba more. now nba is king for me and football is 2nd

They need to chill on the weed suspensions... Everything else I have no problem being suspended for.

Anyone know what Blackmon got busted for this time/

Blackmon
mean.gif

cant put gordon in the same boat with him after I read what he wrote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom