NFL Discussion Thread: Pats win SB XLIX. Offseason begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

These dudes have a disease( Blackmon and Gordon)

They need treatment not more suspensions

So sick of hearing excuses for these dudes

You have to want to help yourself
Stating they're dealing with a disease isn't giving them an excuse doe...

This,it'd be an excuse if it was some made up bs. These dude's seem to have serious problems

^^that ish is not a disease. Cancer is a disease. Being a drug addict is a choice.

Addiction/pyschological dependence is a very real thing though

Last edited:
I'm fine with calling it a disease (as we've seen it can be), still up to the individual to get help. If I'm diagnosed with cancer I can either go try to fight it and treat or I can just let it take its toll on me

Last edited:
^^that ish is not a disease. Cancer is a disease. Being a drug addict is a choice.

If it was alcohol then .. An alcoholic will continue to drink despite serious family, health, or legal problems. Like many other diseases, alcoholism is chronic, meaning that it lasts a person's lifetime.

I'm not sure what he was busted for though.

being a drug addict is not a choice

trying a drug is

but once you become physically and mentally addicted to it, the drug runs your life. there's scientific studies that support this notion.

^^mos def..
. A few of my nephews are bastards because they dad has a drinking problem and died from it at 35 but I can't see it as a disease and I loved the dude. It's a choice.

I dont disagree with that.

because they deal with addiction isn't absolving them of their responsibility to it

I agree but there comes a point when you choose to get help or continue to ignore the problem

I think using the term disease gives people a false sense of thinking it's ok "I keep messing up because I have a disease not just a problem"

Last edited:
Naw, Pats will gear up the pass rush and use adequate corners to compensate. Bill knows you can't replace Revis, but he can change/hide/mask his weaknesses by using his strengths.

Used to be run heavy, then QB heavy, then WR heavy, then TE heavy. He adjusts as needed.

Same here. Average corners, but elite front 7/pressure and he can mask his secondary. Cover for 3 seconds, instead of 5, etc.
Exactly,a lot of you are either forgetting or choosing to ignore some of the solid young talent on defense in each area besides the secondary. They were the youngest SB Champs ever and most of that youth is on defense.

They're most likely gonna put a lot of emphasis on shoring up the front 7 to have a good pass rush and run D to counteract the exodus of talent in the secondary.
This is what many of us thought or think will happen immediately after the Revis/Browner departure, but I'm not so sure that's Bill way of adjusting this time around. One of his major philosophies on D (might be his #1 rule) is to ALWAYS remain disciplined while covering your assignment. He wants his guys to set a hard edge, chip in on TE seam/crossing routes, spy the QB, cover lanes, etc. Pretty much the opposite of cutting the dawgs loose. 
laugh.gif

He hates giving up big plays. HATES it. That's why (pre-Revis & Browner) he barely took risks on that end. You almost never see him acquire pure pass rushers or have his guys end up w/ big sack totals. BB wants his guys to be able to do it all while being disciplined. I just find it hard to believe he's willing to compromise that at this stage when it's always been one of his core principles. We'll see though. 

sick.gif
mean.gif
 @ the thought of going back to the ol' conservative *** soft as mush zone 2 bend-but-don't-break-until-the-playoffs trash w/ ****** CB's. F that. 
Pats are just cheap , always have and always will be :/ honestly , go all in since Tom has 3 years max left
mean.gif

its going to be a "lets out gun and out score , forget defense" next season
That's my biggest fear. 
mean.gif
 That **** doesn't work here and only gets you so far.

It is 100% a disease. Very ignorant statement. I have friends and family that have no control over this disease and they've gotten help and can't fully recover.

I also thought Blackmon was out of the league. Isn't this his third time now?

Last edited:

I dont disagree with that.

because they deal with addiction isn't absolving them of their responsibility to it
I agree but there comes a point when you choose to get help or continue to ignore the problem

I think using the term disease gives people a false sense of thinking it's ok "I keep messing up because I have a disease not just a problem"
When you're an addict there's a million reasons you will give yourself to think it's ok...and I'm sure know that's one of them too..I just dont think it's any different than any other irrational logic someone in that position might give you to continue down that path

Classifying it as such could also help someone understand the severity of help they may need as well to get their life in order

In regard to Chris Borland.They should do a study on his upbringing and education. See how he defines success. He probably has a backup plan
— Maurice Clarett (@ReeseClarett13) March 17, 2015
Lots of guys don't have a backup plan. They get shuffled thru the college ranks and only see football as an option to succeed.
They often tolerate the trauma for the paycheck.... No one is right or wrong. It all comes down to quality of life for each individual.
For college players having a "degree" is not enough. It's VERY easy for a school to graduate players with "nonsense" degrees.
Lots of these universities push classes on players that they would never allow their own children to take.
Kids earn schools millions. Let's forget about paying to play... Conversation should be actually educating them so they can be of some value
Kid misses practice and he's Criticized and punished to no end.... Kid signs up for "nonsense" classes and no one says a word.
Practice, Weightlifting and sprints are valid until about 30 if you're lucky. Education helps to assist family, community, friends etc etc
First time I ever had a decent thought about Clarett.....he's spot on with all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom